REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #5501
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
^^
I think it's more at Futureshop cuz the employees are commission based. Best buy they just get straight hourly wages.

I also have good experiences going into futureshop and negotiating like half an hour before closing. They throw in a bunch of goodies if you just nudge a little, they will try to get you to pay for it but just tell them its all or nothing. lol. worked for me more than a few times.
Advertisement
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #5502
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The 70" samsung 4k tv at BB was $22,000 lol don't think it's a matter of waiting for the price to drop on that size
Posted via RS Mobile
If I were to go 4k I'd dip to the 65" that's going to be $3999 on boxing day but still can't justify it
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #5503
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
What the hell is the GO Daddy TV ad about? Dude playing bongo's, Maracas, and pan flute while doing the splits and hanging upside down. Black dude is not sure what's happening........ other dude is just plain creepy.

I'd much rather see whatshertits, the cop who pulls Danika over................

Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #5504
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
What the hell is the GO Daddy TV ad about? Dude playing bongo's, Maracas, and pan flute while doing the splits and hanging upside down. Black dude is not sure what's happening........ other dude is just plain creepy.

I'd much rather see whatshertits, the cop who pulls Danika over................

Van Damme has to make money somehow I guess.
blum2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #5505
MG1

That's van Damme?

Wow............
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #5506
MG1

Revscene Time Capsule. I need some input.

What should be in it?

Lobster thread, LOL. Gotta have that in there. Does it come with turbo thread....... what was it again?

Old 12-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #5507
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Vancouver Public Library Named Number One Library in the World | Vancity Buzz | Vancouver Events, News, Food, Lifestyle and More

The Vancouver Public Library (VPL) has been ranked the number one public library in the world. The VPL shares the top spot with Montreal’s Bibliothèques.

The survey was conducted by scholars from Germany’s Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf. They surveyed libraries in 31 cities around the world and our fair city came out on top.

“Vancouver is a world-class city and we’re extremely pleased and humbled to be recognized as a top world-class library,” said Sandra Singh, VPL’s chief librarian.

Libraries were judged on services, physical space, and online resources. They were also judged on how well they supported their respective cities.

Chicago, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Toronto were also in the top five. At the bottom of the list were the public libraries in Frankfurt, London, and Dubai.
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #5508

^^^^
Old 12-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #5509
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/24/wo...e-94.html?_r=0

Mikhail Kalashnikov, Creator of AK-47, Dies at 94
By C. J. CHIVERS

Lt. Gen. Mikhail T. Kalashnikov, the arms designer credited by the Soviet Union with creating the AK-47, the first in a series of rifles and machine guns that would indelibly associate his name with modern war and become the most abundant firearms ever made, died on Monday in Izhevsk, the capital of the Udmurtia republic, where he lived. He was 94.
Enlarge This Image

Dima Korotayev/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
Lt. Gen. Mikhail T. Kalashnikov, the inventor of the AK-47, holding a prototype of his famous assault rifle in 2007.

Born a peasant on the southern Siberian steppe, General Kalashnikov had little formal education and claimed to be a self-taught tinkerer who combined innate mechanical skills with the study of weapons to conceive of a rifle that achieved battlefield ubiquity.

His role in the rifle’s creation, and the attention showered on him by the Kremlin’s propaganda machine, carried him from conscription in the Red Army to senior positions in the Soviet arms-manufacturing bureaucracy and ultimately to six terms on the Supreme Soviet.

Tens of millions of Kalashnikov rifles have been manufactured. Their short barrels, steep front-sight posts and curved magazines made them a marker of conflict that has endured for decades. The weapons also became both Soviet and revolutionary symbols and widespread instruments of terrorism, child-soldiering and crime.

The general, who sometimes lamented the weapons’ unchecked distribution but took pride in having invented them and in their reputation for reliability, weathered the collapse of the Soviet Union to assume a public role as a folk hero and unequivocal Russian patriot.

A Soviet nostalgist, he also served as the unofficial arms ambassador of the revived Russian state. He used public appearances to try to cast the AK-47’s checkered legacy in a positive way and to complain that knockoffs were being manufactured illegally by former Soviet allies and cutting into Russian sales.

The weapon, he said, was designed to protect his motherland, not to be used by terrorists or thugs. “This is a weapon of defense,” he said. “It is not a weapon for offense.”

General Kalashnikov’s public life resulted from a secret competition to develop the Soviet infantry rifle for the Cold War. The result was the AK-47 — an abbreviation for “the automatic by Kalashnikov” followed by the year the competition ended.

General Kalashnikov, a senior sergeant at the time who had been injured in battle against German tanks, was credited with leading the design bureau that produced the AK-47 prototype. The Soviet Union began issuing a mass-produced version to soldiers in 1949.

The true AK-47 was short-lived. It was followed in the 1950s by a modernized version, the A.K.M., which retained its predecessor’s underlying design while reducing its weight and manufacturing time.

Shorter than traditional infantry rifles and firing a cartridge midway between the power of a pistol and the standard rifle cartridges of the day, the Kalashnikov line was initially dismissed by American ordnance experts as a weapon of small consequence. It was not particularly accurate or well made, they said, and it lacked range and stopping power.

It cemented its place in martial history in the 1960s in Vietnam, where a new American rifle, the M-16, experienced problems with corrosion and jamming in the jungles, while Kalashnikovs, carried by Vietcong guerrillas and North Vietnamese soldiers, worked almost flawlessly.

By this time, in an effort to standardize infantry weapons among potential allies, the Soviet Union had exported the rifle’s specifications and its manufacturing technology to China, Egypt, North Korea and Warsaw Pact nations. Communist engineers would eventually share the manufacturing technology with other countries, including Iraq.

The weapon’s design was also incorporated into arms manufactured in Finland, Israel, South Africa and other nations. The result was a long line of derivatives and copies. Almost all are referred to as AK-47s by colloquial, if inaccurate, shorthand
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #5510
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,333 Times in 5,645 Posts
In ST.petersburg there was an amazing artillery museum where they had probably Mmm..20,000 sq feet of an exhibit dedicated to Kalashnikov with about 600 Ak's in various configurations
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #5511
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,178 Times in 2,408 Posts
Not sure if it's their 'official' account, but the Kingsgate Mall twitter is pretty funny: http://www.twitter.com/kingsgatemall

2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #5512
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
I remember when the only things at Kingsgate Mall were IGA, Fields, Mr. Mike's and the liquor store.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #5513
MG1

^^ I go to that exact spot to play Keno. It's quite charming, actually. I wait for wife to shop and hang with the seniors. Share old war stories. Beats hanging out in parking lots doing basically nothing anyway........... LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #5514
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
Vancouver Public Library Named Number One Library in the World | Vancity Buzz | Vancouver Events, News, Food, Lifestyle and More

The Vancouver Public Library (VPL) has been ranked the number one public library in the world.
VPL is awesome. What they did at Renfrew Park is amazing.

RS mini-meet at library. Nice!

Old 12-24-2013, 05:22 AM   #5515
I subscribe to Revscene

PressTV calls out Canadian foreign minister as closet homosexual

originally found here Criticize Israel ? Go to Jail! | Veterans Today
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #5516
MG1

I've been shopping for about an hour in the mall and I've heard the "I saw mommy sucking.........errr.......kissing Santa Claus" a grand total of 15 times already. I love Christmas songs, but it's everywhere. Enough to turn me off Christmas. Oh, BTW, RS, Merry Christmas.

god bless
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #5517
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^ last minute shopping?
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #5518
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishCak3s View Post
^ last minute shopping?
Yeah, more food than anything else. Fresh turkey is getting harder to find, LOL. Costco, I guess. Butter...... Is there a world shortage on butter? LOLOLOL

Counting on Costco.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #5519

I liked it back when Coquitlam Centre had carolers in period costumes walking through the mall, nowadays they don't even have decorations up anywhere except for that paltry santa chair
Old 12-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #5520
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

it almost looks like its a prank twitter account. I mean who would post something like this to promote their business??

[QUOTE=sonick;8387654]Not sure if it's their 'official' account, but the Kingsgate Mall twitter is pretty funny: http://www.twitter.com/kingsgatemall
matrixfwd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #5521
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
....so East Van....

http://twitter.com/numediahedonist/s...783872/photo/1
http://twitter.com/kingsgatemall/sta...099776/photo/1

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #5522
MG1

So, babies cry at around 1 kHz and it annoys the hell out of people. It's nature's way of getting parents' attention. I'm wAndering what frequency a woman's bitching is..........

I'm so done with Xmas shopping.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-25-2013, 12:54 AM   #5523
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
I heard Santa has to take all moms no matter of race, age or body shape.. so he has it pretty rough to try to pack everything in in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I've been shopping for about an hour in the mall and I've heard the "I saw mommy sucking.........errr.......kissing Santa Claus" a grand total of 15 times already. I love Christmas songs, but it's everywhere. Enough to turn me off Christmas. Oh, BTW, RS, Merry Christmas.

god bless
Posted via RS Mobile
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #5524
MG1

Probably old news by now, but Heinz is closing down its Canadian plant. I really hope we are not going to get Ketchup made with that high fructose corn syrup shit the Americans get. Sauce, you say? Too lazy to look it up............besides ketchup is a condiment.

The good news is, I saw Ketchup at Winco that was all natural and didn't use that corn syrup nonsense. I believe it was Hunts brand. We have Hunts and PC brands here, so maybe there's some hope.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #5525
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
That hunts ketchup tastes weird as fuck

I got no brand loyalty to anything but heinz > all ketchup
Posted via RS Mobile
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote