REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:17 PM   #7776
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
You would think rich old people would remember that Donald Trump only has money because his daddy did, and even then he lost all of it multiple times.
i dont think he's ever personally gone bankrupt. i know a few of his businesses have though..
Advertisement
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:15 PM   #7777
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
I wish it rained a lot harder today and tomorrow.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:22 PM   #7778
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
(he's a Hillary supporter btw)
Trump told media Hillary is the worst Secretary of State in the history of the United States.

Trump: 'Hillary Clinton was the worst Secretary of State' in history | MSNBC
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:01 AM   #7779
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,910 Times in 3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
i dont think he's ever personally gone bankrupt. i know a few of his businesses have though..
From 1989 to 1991 he lost hundreds of millions of dollars, hit business bankruptcy and nearly hit personal bankruptcy, the only thing that saved him was using his fathers name. He's also an arrogant fuck.

Quote:
In 2015, Forbes estimated his net worth at $4.1 billion. In June 2015, Business Insider published a June 30, 2014, financial statement supplied by Trump. The statement reflects his net worth as $8.7 billion. Of that amount, $3.3 billion is represented by "Real Estate Licensing Deals, Brand and Branded Developments", described by Business Insider as "basically [implying] that Trump values his character at $3.3 billion".
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:47 PM   #7780

This might be a dumb question, but if two people have only each other listed as their beneficiaries what happens in the event they're both killed in the same accident?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 07-12-2015, 11:48 PM   #7781
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Had a guy bitch me out for washing my car today. Since in vancouver were only in stage 2 restrictions, so that means im allowed to wash my car as long as i use a spring loaded shutoff. I used the pressure washer aswell which means i use even less water than a regular hose.
I told him all that and he didnt want to believe me and told me he works for the city and has seen them giving out 300 dollar tickets "just down the street"
He drove off so i continued my business he backs up takes down my plate and says hes gonna report me for "wasting water" and not listening.

Nothing is gonna happen to me.....right?

21' 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
23' VW MK8 GTI 40th Anniversary
18' Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
21' Ducati Streetfighter V4 S

--
16' Mineral Grey F80 BMW M3 6MT SOLD -11/22
22' Halo Toyota GR86 6MT SOLD -11/22
12' Phantom Black - B8 Audi S4 - SOLD 04/19
07' WDP Acura TL Type-S - A-Spec/ATLP/H&R - SOLD 12/17
18' Matte Silver Ice - Triumph 765 Street Triple RS - SOLD 4/21
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:50 PM   #7782
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
This might be a dumb question, but if two people have only each other listed as their beneficiaries what happens in the event they're both killed in the same accident?
Are they beneficiaries in each others' will? Neither would get anything if they were not related.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:46 AM   #7783

Wills or life insurance policies or what have you.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-13-2015, 07:02 AM   #7784
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
Had a guy bitch me out for washing my car today. Since in vancouver were only in stage 2 restrictions, so that means im allowed to wash my car as long as i use a spring loaded shutoff. I used the pressure washer aswell which means i use even less water than a regular hose.
I told him all that and he didnt want to believe me and told me he works for the city and has seen them giving out 300 dollar tickets "just down the street"
He drove off so i continued my business he backs up takes down my plate and says hes gonna report me for "wasting water" and not listening.

fucking hate people like this.
what a fucking rat, seriously mind your own fucking business.
people have gotten killed for way less.

i'd have told him to fuck off and then taken a picture of him just to piss him off.
then if city comes i'll tell them he takes a fucking bath on his fucking front lawn and spends four hours watering his lawn every day.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:08 AM   #7785
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post

City won't issue a ticket on hear-say. They'll probably drive by afew times to see if you're "wasting water" and if they see nothing, they'll just shake their heads and move on.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:20 AM   #7786
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Wheres the cheapest place to book whistler hotels through?
Old 07-13-2015, 09:07 AM   #7787
#savethemanuals

Quote:
Wills or life insurance policies or what have you.
I don't know about life insurance but for wills, if the order of death is unknown then it is presumed that they both predeceased each other. If a beneficiary dies before the willmaker, their gift lapses.

There is also a 5-day rule where a beneficiary under a will has to survive the willmaker by 5 days in order to receive a gift under the will. So if the willmaker dies and a beneficiary dies 2 days later, the beneficiary does not get anything.

edit: the will goes into intestacy if there are no more beneficiaries... so then it will pass to kids, etc after taxes and debts are paid out.

Last edited by Energy; 07-13-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:22 AM   #7788
MG1

Quote:
Any children involved?

What happened to our resident lawyer dude? Brown guy.......... can't remember his name, ATM.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:48 AM   #7789
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
so did 50 hide his $ elsewhere and declare bankruptcy to limit the $ he has to pay out?

50 Cent -- I'm Busted ... Declares Bankruptcy | TMZ.com

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:06 AM   #7790
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
so did 50 hide his $ elsewhere and declare bankruptcy to limit the $ he has to pay out?

50 Cent -- I'm Busted ... Declares Bankruptcy | TMZ.com
Fiddy is a smart guy, there's no doubt he has a ton of money elsewhere.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2015, 12:38 PM   #7791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
I don't know about life insurance but for wills, if the order of death is unknown then it is presumed that they both predeceased each other. If a beneficiary dies before the willmaker, their gift lapses.

There is also a 5-day rule where a beneficiary under a will has to survive the willmaker by 5 days in order to receive a gift under the will. So if the willmaker dies and a beneficiary dies 2 days later, the beneficiary does not get anything.

edit: the will goes into intestacy if there are no more beneficiaries... so then it will pass to kids, etc after taxes and debts are paid out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Any children involved?

What happened to our resident lawyer dude? Brown guy.......... can't remember his name, ATM.
In my case no kids and no will yet, at the moment everything goes to the missus but if we're both in the same plane crash where does everything go? I'd assume my stuff would go to my parents and her stuff to hers?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2015, 02:12 PM   #7792
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
its long and complicated underscore when it can't be figured out who died first and depends on your will, or lack thereof, on provincial laws (some consider the older person to have died first and all your stuff would go to the younger persons estate)

in BC your money (personal savings, insurance policy) would go to your family and hers to her own, your jointly owned property is another matter and depends on the province, in BC it would be split based on your wills and lack thereof your families would have to figure it out with a judge if there's contention

that's the short of it

lookup 'survivorship clause' or 'common disaster clause' and 'provincial succession act' to read up more
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2015, 02:25 PM   #7793
#savethemanuals

Quote:
In my case no kids and no will yet, at the moment everything goes to the missus but if we're both in the same plane crash where does everything go? I'd assume my stuff would go to my parents and her stuff to hers?
Yes, that's right. Both of you die intestate. Your property goes to each of your parents. Jointly owned family property is presumptively split 50:50 in BC.

Go make a will.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2015, 03:10 PM   #7794
MG1

Make me your executor........... I'll make sure things go smoothly.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2015, 06:17 PM   #7795
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
its long and complicated underscore when it can't be figured out who died first and depends on your will, or lack thereof, on provincial laws (some consider the older person to have died first and all your stuff would go to the younger persons estate)

in BC your money (personal savings, insurance policy) would go to your family and hers to her own, your jointly owned property is another matter and depends on the province, in BC it would be split based on your wills and lack thereof your families would have to figure it out with a judge if there's contention

that's the short of it

lookup 'survivorship clause' or 'common disaster clause' and 'provincial succession act' to read up more
Don't forget that with no will in place, the province will temporarily "cease" assets through Probate, ensuring that they get their cut. As mentioned, if anyone in the family contests the assets, it can get messy and be held up for a very long time.

My grandfather hated paying the tax man, and when we found out he had terminal cancer, he did everything legal possible to allocate his assets so that the Province got very little. With cancerous blood sores and frail as can be, he said to me, "Son, let me tell you - the hardest thing in life is dying". He was referring to alluding the tax man and that memory still makes me smile.

Get a will.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2015, 08:36 PM   #7796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Don't forget that with no will in place, the province will temporarily "cease" assets through Probate, ensuring that they get their cut. As mentioned, if anyone in the family contests the assets, it can get messy and be held up for a very long time.
Does it only get held up if the family disagrees with the provinces assessment of things, or when they're trying to get it released from the province to them?

Either way I'll add a will to my to do list now that I actually own things worth something.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-13-2015, 09:34 PM   #7797
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
There is a backlog of the probate process right now, if all the paperwork gets there on time, and everyone is in agreement and the person has a will, it still take a year or 2 before things get sorted out.

The province doesn't seize anything, they just don't let transfer of title ownership until everything is settled.. not only tax but can be credit cards, liens etc.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2015, 09:36 PM   #7798
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
If your grandfather hated tax that much, he could have had everything in a corporation.. as long as someone pays the corp taxes and registration, the corporation can still go on without him around. He would had paid a lot less taxes too, especially since our culture worships "job creation" of corporations. Not to mention none of this probate stuff because a corporation never dies. only unregistered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post

My grandfather hated paying the tax man, and when we found out he had terminal cancer, he did everything legal possible to allocate his assets so that the Province got very little. With cancerous blood sores and frail as can be, he said to me, "Son, let me tell you - the hardest thing in life is dying". He was referring to alluding the tax man and that memory still makes me smile.

Get a will.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:19 PM   #7799
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
If your grandfather hated tax that much, he could have had everything in a corporation.. as long as someone pays the corp taxes and registration, the corporation can still go on without him around. He would had paid a lot less taxes too, especially since our culture worships "job creation" of corporations. Not to mention none of this probate stuff because a corporation never dies. only unregistered.
We did everything a little easier than that - we registered everything in both his and my father's name. Everything - car, house, bank accounts, changed all beneficiaries, you name it. That way, when my Papa passed, all we had to do was show the death certificate, remove his name from all the items and then legally nothing could be touched by the province. Prior, my Papa also gave out as many $25k one-time tax-free donations to family members as he could.

I haven't checked in a while, but last I remember is that anything listed in the will is subject to Probate tax - so the less items listed the better. Best leave everything without listing them to one Executor and then have a separate list with your wishes and hope your Executor follows through.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-13-2015, 10:51 PM   #7800
#savethemanuals

That's smart estate planning to place everything in joint tenancy if you considered the risks and it fits the circumstances.

You're correct about probate tax but you cannot get around it in the way you described. The executor has a duty to gather all the property and before distributing it the government takes their cut.
This post thanked by: