REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:40 AM   #9476
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Here's what I get.............

Quote:
Online banking is temporarily out of service, please do not attempt to log in until further notice. We are currently working to restore service as soon as possible. In the meantime, to help meet your banking needs, please contact our Member Services at 604.877.7000 (8 am to 8 pm Monday to Saturday and 10 am to 5:30 pm on Sundays) or go directly to one of our 59 branches during hours of operation.

Sounds like their system was hacked and all monies will be going towards funding some terrorist organization........

just kidding...........

Sounds like they don't want you to attempt logging in..... hmmmmmmmm
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2017, 08:46 AM   #9477
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Their Twitter page has updates. It looks like there was a scheduled outage for 10:00 - 10:30, last night. Probably, an upgrade? Looks like they ran into problems.

https://twitter.com/Vancity
Old 08-14-2017, 08:48 AM   #9478
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Thanks MG1 and Presto!

I didn't even see that message on the page and I don't use twitter so I'd have never known! I just have my account info saved on my computer so I don't even bother to look I just click the PAC box and go.

Thanks!!! With my account locked out I'll probably have to take a visit there after work.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:28 PM   #9479
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
GF borrowed my car and got in a minor accident. Who reports to ICBC? The driver, or the owner/principal operator?
Old 08-14-2017, 06:51 PM   #9480
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
GF borrowed my car and got in a minor accident. Who reports to ICBC? The driver, or the owner/principal operator?
It's best if the driver reports because only the driver knows what happens and all the details during the incident.
Posted via RS Mobile
E.D.C.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:27 PM   #9481

I'm going to east cost USA in couple of month.
There is no direct flight, have to stop over at TO.
on the way back, If I book a flights in a way that there is about 2-3 hours gap between flight into TO and TO to Van, would I be able to step out and say hi to my family in TO?
Is immigration check done at TO? to US and in to Canada?

Sorry dumb question, I've never taken international flight where point of entry is not Vancouver...
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:51 PM   #9482
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
I'm going to east cost USA in couple of month.
There is no direct flight, have to stop over at TO.
on the way back, If I book a flights in a way that there is about 2-3 hours gap between flight into TO and TO to Van, would I be able to step out and say hi to my family in TO?
Is immigration check done at TO? to US and in to Canada?

Sorry dumb question, I've never taken international flight where point of entry is not Vancouver...
It's not a dumb question at all. Yes, immigration would be cleared in TO and you would be able to pop out to see your family.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:30 AM   #9483
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,924 Times in 3,877 Posts
2-3 hours isn't much time though, given how long it can take to clear immigration and the time you need before your flight time to clear security again (would you need to check in again as well or not? They should still have your bags and you should already have a boarding pass).
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:37 AM   #9484
HELP ME PLS!!!

For international flights, I would say that there isn't much time, even though it's in a Canadian city. I would say 2.5 hours is the minimum for transferring between planes for international flights. If you met you at the airport, you could pop out for a bit. Make sure you look up what the minimum check-in time is for your connecting flight.

For domestic flights, I think it could be possible.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:03 PM   #9485

Who in the hell set up the toll system for the bridges? They're both different rates and run by different companies, which is a pretty shit system for any tourists. Of course with Treo you have to keep track of how many crossings you did yourself, since they won't tell you what you owe them, but I'm guessing they'll gladly keep your money if you get confused and overpay by counting your Golden Ears crossings as well. And if you guess too low, they'll both just keep racking up interest for a few years without bothering to tell you until they've added up enough and you're trying to renew your insurance.

Whoever thought of this, whoever approved it, whoever set up Treo and whoever set up Quickpass can all eat steaming piles of shit.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2017, 09:01 AM   #9486
MG1

Anyone else here on RS go down to Oregon or Idaho to see the full eclipse of the sun?

I ended up going to Salem/Albany, Oregon to witness it.

When I got back and heard stories from people who saw it here, it was like no big deal, as it didn't even register with people if they hadn't had those glasses to look through.

Man, the experience was mind-blowing when seeing it in the path of totality. It was totally worth the trip. A once in a lifetime event. I met with people who were eclipse chasers. They go around the world to see it. They told me this was, by far, the best one.

It was freaky when the wildlife around us went nuts and the temperature started to plummet. There was this wind that came up just prior to all that. Then, the sky started to go dark. Shadow of leaves on the ground had crescent shape. Stars and planets started to appear. Then when totality hit, it was like night, but at 10:00 am in the morning. The sun's corona was nice, but the sharp bright ring around the sun was indescribable. Just as the sun started to appear, there was the diamond effect. That moment when a sliver of light from the sun peaked out making it look like a bright white diamond on a ring. It was god-like. It made you appreciate the power of the sun. The thousands of people screaming and clapping while all this was happening............ truly a spectacle. And no picture, no matter how clear, can come close to capturing what we saw that morning.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:58 AM   #9487
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,698 Times in 3,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Anyone else here on RS go down to Oregon or Idaho to see the full eclipse of the sun?

I ended up going to Salem/Albany, Oregon to witness it.

When I got back and heard stories from people who saw it here, it was like no big deal, as it didn't even register with people if they hadn't had those glasses to look through.

Man, the experience was mind-blowing when seeing it in the path of totality. It was totally worth the trip. A once in a lifetime event. I met with people who were eclipse chasers. They go around the world to see it. They told me this was, by far, the best one.

It was freaky when the wildlife around us went nuts and the temperature started to plummet. There was this wind that came up just prior to all that. Then, the sky started to go dark. Shadow of leaves on the ground had crescent shape. Stars and planets started to appear. Then when totality hit, it was like night, but at 10:00 am in the morning. The sun's corona was nice, but the sharp bright ring around the sun was indescribable. Just as the sun started to appear, there was the diamond effect. That moment when a sliver of light from the sun peaked out making it look like a bright white diamond on a ring. It was god-like. It made you appreciate the power of the sun. The thousands of people screaming and clapping while all this was happening............ truly a spectacle. And no picture, no matter how clear, can come close to capturing what we saw that morning.
PICS DAMNIT!!! worthless without PICS!!!!
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:28 PM   #9488
My homepage has been set to RS

really making me regret my decision to sleep in MG.......

Now i feel like a sack of crap lol
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:17 PM   #9489
MG1

No pics, really.......... the ones I have are uber crappy. It's been posted over and over and over on Eclipse websites not to put too much effort into trying to get a good video or image, 'cause you're going to actually miss witnessing the event altogether. After all the planning and all the waiting, it would be a shame to miss it, because you were trying to fiddle with your camera to get that perfect shot.

subordinate, you would have not seen anything fantastic. It would have been cool to see the sun blocking approximately 80% of the sun, in Vancouver, but only if you had the glasses. Even where I was, you couldn't see anything with 95+% of sun being blocked.

Being able to remove those glasses during totality was magical. To be able to see the sun in that way with the naked eye. I can't imagine how people in ancient times felt during a total eclipse. Must have scared the shit out of them. I was totally prepared for this event, but when it happens you really lose yourself in the moment. I was in awe at how powerful the heavens are and how insignificant we are......... but at the same time, feeling part of it all.

Now that I've seen it, I must see it again. I can see why these eclipse chasers, or umbrafiles, as they like to be called, do what they do. It's like being drawn to its power like those people on Close Encounters.

https://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/april-8-2024/

This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2017, 02:20 PM   #9490
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
No pics, really.......... the ones I have are uber crappy. It's been posted over and over and over on Eclipse websites not to put too much effort into trying to get a good video or image, 'cause you're going to actually miss witnessing the event altogether. After all the planning and all the waiting, it would be a shame to miss it, because you were trying to fiddle with your camera to get that perfect shot.

subordinate, you would have not seen anything fantastic. It would have been cool to see the sun blocking approximately 80% of the sun, in Vancouver, but only if you had the glasses. Even where I was, you couldn't see anything with 95+% of sun being blocked.

Being able to remove those glasses during totality was magical. To be able to see the sun in that way with the naked eye. I can't imagine how people in ancient times felt during a total eclipse. Must have scared the shit out of them. I was totally prepared for this event, but when it happens you really lose yourself in the moment. I was in awe at how powerful the heavens are and how insignificant we are......... but at the same time, feeling part of it all.

Now that I've seen it, I must see it again. I can see why these eclipse chasers, or umbrafiles, as they like to be called, do what they do. It's like being drawn to its power like those people on Close Encounters.

https://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/future/
Wait, what. You're great with words but did I read you took off your glasses?
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #9491
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Anybody have recommendations for reliable and honest shop that could do oil changes for an FRS? I have a old-school mechanic/shop that specializes in simple 90s Japanese cars, but not sure if I trust them with my FRS.
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #9492
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
Anybody have recommendations for reliable and honest shop that could do oil changes for an FRS? I have a old-school mechanic/shop that specializes in simple 90s Japanese cars, but not sure if I trust them with my FRS.
its just a frs bruh

Last edited by Fafine; 08-23-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2017, 02:54 PM   #9493
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,279 Times in 1,968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
One of my friends has 3 weeks to find a new place.

Can anyone here suggest a rental property that isn't dirty and sketch?

He's looking at Vancouver / Burnaby / New West / Coquitlam / Port Moody. He wants to be close to the Skytrain. He's leaning more toward Coquitlam / Pomo

His budget is $1200 / month. He's overwhelmed by the amount of listings and conflicting reviews.

Thanks
Confession time:

It was me looking for a new place

Thankfully I found one. Goodbye Richmond, hello Burquitlam. Maybe one day I'll return to Kamloops.

Can anyone recommend a good mover that won't break my wallet? A 3 ton would be enough for my stuff.

Thanks
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2017, 03:22 PM   #9494

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
It was me looking for a new place
You son of a bitch.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2017, 08:52 PM   #9495
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Wait, what. You're great with words but did I read you took off your glasses?
Spoiler!

This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2017, 07:26 PM   #9496
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
i have a couple Cineplex admit one movie tickets, but they expire in a week. i heard Cineplex will still accept them even if it's expired. Anyone know if it's true?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:14 PM   #9497
MG1

Yes. Within reason. I think mine were like expired nearly two months. There was a time one cashier gave me new ones so we could take in movies two months down the road. Like a good Vancouverite, I did some whining and threw in some "god bless" for good measure and it worked. This was a while ago, so things might be different. As in lots of cheese with that, Gulolol.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:16 PM   #9498

where can I throw/recycle ikea furniture?
I have bed frame and bookcase that I've broken down to pieces but pretty big.
I'm moving in few days, I've already put it up on CL Free, but just in case no one picks up
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:05 PM   #9499
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
i have a couple Cineplex admit one movie tickets, but they expire in a week. i heard Cineplex will still accept them even if it's expired. Anyone know if it's true?
I'd put them up on CL for $25, take the first $20 offered personally.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:09 PM   #9500
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Florida woman who pummels racist white lady becomes hero | Daily Mail Online

dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote