REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:34 AM   #9601
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts

Mother of the year:

Quote:
FOREST PARK, Ga. – A train severed the limbs of a woman and her child as they tried to cross tracks in Georgia by crawling underneath the stopped train.

WXIA-TV reports that 28-year-old Kate Brown and her 1-year-old son had emergency surgery after her leg and his arm were pinned under the Norfolk Southern freight train on Thursday afternoon in Clayton County, south of Atlanta. Neither limb could be saved.

Clayton County investigators said Brown and her three children were trying to cross a railroad track where the train had stopped. Two children made it across after crawling underneath, but Brown and the baby were still underneath the train when it started moving.
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2017, 07:44 AM   #9602
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
The only thing that surprised me is that this happened in Georgia and not Florida
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #9603
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
When I worked at the docks by BC Sugar at Campbell Avenue, I saw old chinese ladies doing the same thing. Best recollection involving people and trains, was when this hooker, drunk as a skunk, and probably smelled like one, stumbled to the tracks and passed out right across one of the tracks. We often saw hookers in that area, 'cause fishermen docked their vessels there. And, you know........ sailors or should I say, "seamen."

It still boggles my mind when I see cars stopping right smack on the train tracks on Douglas Road by Lordco NFL.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2017, 10:16 AM   #9604

No parole for 17 years for Serena Vermeersch's killer | CTV Vancouver News

fucking ridiculous that someone deemed high risk to re-offend, with a violent past, and has previously confessed he feared he would re-offend is released

parole board that granted release should be right there serving the same sentence in the same cell as this scum

fuckin justice system in this country is ridiculous
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
This post thanked by:
Old 10-21-2017, 04:45 PM   #9605
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
For the McDonalds Monopoly, if you have all the pieces for a prize like the free Shell gas for a year, do you enter a draw for it?
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:50 PM   #9606
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
yes thats correct
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2017, 12:20 PM   #9607
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,276 Times in 1,967 Posts
Right now my car needs about $3500 in repairs lol so I'm deciding if I want to put the money in or spend about $2000 more and get another vehicle with lower KM and newer.

My wallet will take a hit either way but it's basically a newer car with who-knows-the-condition 6 months from now vs. a car that needs definite work (steering rack, control arms, oil pan gasket) but can be staggered a bit over time and should be trouble free afterward.

It's a DD but my roundtrip travel to work is 13KM.

Hmm

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:44 PM   #9608
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
sell it and buy something else no questions asked, $3500 is a lot for repairs and who says something else won't go wrong if you spend all that cash. Of course the big question is whats the car worth as is compared to fixing it?
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2017, 01:18 PM   #9609
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Need help quickly

I'm not familiar with ICBC insurance so need some help.

I'm selling a vehicle and the buyer wants me to sign the registration and transfer form, can I still be held liable? The buyer is saying that once I sign and transfer registration it becomes the buyers car and the vehicle is completely off my name once I cancel the insurance? Is that correct? The buyer says it's technically his car as soon as I sign the documents
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:30 PM   #9610
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
Need help quickly

I'm not familiar with ICBC insurance so need some help.

I'm selling a vehicle and the buyer wants me to sign the registration and transfer form, can I still be held liable? The buyer is saying that once I sign and transfer registration it becomes the buyers car and the vehicle is completely off my name once I cancel the insurance? Is that correct? The buyer says it's technically his car as soon as I sign the documents
The vehicle is out of your name only when the ICBC/autoplan broker receives the the signed transfer paper and signed bottom portion of your vehicle registration.
If you just sign it and the guy just walks with the paperwork, it's technically still your car until ICBC gets the paperwork.

If it concerns you this much, to protect yourself, you should make sure the paperwork gets processed at the broker
coneZONE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #9611

That's what I wanted to do but this buyer is claiming that an agent said that once I sign the transfer form and registration, it becomes his vehicle. This guy is just giving me the run around. He first wanted to pay me half cash and a cheque and I transfer ownership right away until he gets paid to pay me the rest? like wtf. Then he wanted me to bring the car to his friends place to store, cancel my insurance and I sign the registration and transfer form. Just going to call this deal off.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:52 PM   #9612
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Don't do it. The guy probably wants to sell it to another buyer using your signed regi. You have no idea what he's going to do with the car that is still under your name.

If you want to complete the sale, go to ICBC broker and finish it there.
cunninglinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:00 PM   #9613

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunninglinguist View Post
Don't do it. The guy probably wants to sell it to another buyer using your signed regi. You have no idea what he's going to do with the car that is still under your name.

If you want to complete the sale, go to ICBC broker and finish it there.
I'm just not familiar with this whole process, he said once I have fully completed bill of sale and I cancel the insurance and remove plates, I have no part of it. Does that still make sense?
Old 10-22-2017, 02:19 PM   #9614

He want's you to sign the registration and fill out the transfer papers with your name and info only without filling the buyer part (leaving that part blank), is that what you are saying?

If he does that, he can find try and resell the car by filling in the blank buyer part.

Before he transfers ownership, he can also do shit with it like parking it on the street without a plate and guess who will get hit with the ticket...you.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:25 PM   #9615
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

The insurance actually has nothing to do with the ownership... in fact if followed through with this guy's words and something happened with your car, you'd be fully liable.

If you sold the car, you don't have to cancel the insurance. You could teansfer it onto your new/replacement vehicle
coneZONE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2017, 02:29 PM   #9616

Quote:
He want's you to sign the registration and fill out the transfer papers with your name and info only without filling the buyer part (leaving that part blank), is that what you are saying?

If he does that, he can find try and resell the car by filling in the blank buyer part.

Before he transfers ownership, he can also do shit with it like parking it on the street without a plate and guess who will get hit with the ticket...you.
Yeah that's what I believe he's saying, I'm the only one signing the transfer form and registration and I already told him that I don't want to be held accountable for any liabilities and that the vehicle should be registered and transferred under his name but he still keeps trying to say otherwise.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:31 PM   #9617

JSALES, if I were you and wanted to complete the sale to this clown, get the dough, go to autoplan dealer and do a complete transfer to his name.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #9618

Quote:
JSALES, if I were you and wanted to complete the sale to this clown, get the dough, go to autoplan dealer and do a complete transfer to his name.
That's what I suggested, because initially he wanted me to bring my car to his friends place to store and we go together to cancel my insurance because he wasn't going to insure the vehicle and I sign the transfer form and registration. That is already sketchy.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:47 PM   #9619

Tell him he can transfer ownership without buying insurance.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2017, 03:23 PM   #9620
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,276 Times in 1,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
sell it and buy something else no questions asked, $3500 is a lot for repairs and who says something else won't go wrong if you spend all that cash. Of course the big question is whats the car worth as is compared to fixing it?
I don't think fixing it would affect the value much. It's a 19 year old car. Whether fixed or not, the car will always be worth very little.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:13 PM   #9621
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Old 10-23-2017, 01:14 PM   #9622
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
Yeah that's what I believe he's saying, I'm the only one signing the transfer form and registration and I already told him that I don't want to be held accountable for any liabilities and that the vehicle should be registered and transferred under his name but he still keeps trying to say otherwise.
If you both fill out the form completely and you take the sellers copy you should be covered as you have documentation signed and dated by the buyer stating it is now his. The buyer then has 10 days to bring that in and transfer ownership. Personally I always go to a broker and get it transferred over right away, losing the sale is better than losing a bunch of money because of what somebody did with a car that was still in your name.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2017, 07:04 PM   #9623
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
No parole for 17 years for Serena Vermeersch's killer | CTV Vancouver News

fucking ridiculous that someone deemed high risk to re-offend, with a violent past, and has previously confessed he feared he would re-offend is released

parole board that granted release should be right there serving the same sentence in the same cell as this scum

fuckin justice system in this country is ridiculous
Yep imo we're better off killing people like that ourselves. Pedophiles, rapists and child killers get released into the public even if they've stated they will act again. Anybody who thinks the government is here to protect us is a joke lol.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2017, 12:10 PM   #9624

https://globalnews.ca/news/3824014/m...e-cars-inside/

Damn...that sucks
Old 10-25-2017, 03:17 PM   #9625
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Nooooo! Shitty deal.

It was a decent collection:

Spoiler!