REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653341-official-no-need-start-new-thread-thread.html)

MG1 10-20-2020 01:20 PM

If any of you guys need blood work or anything else done at LifeLabs, don’t wait. Appointments are full for weeks. Usually wait times are acceptable. Like less than 20 minutes. Here I am at North Road LifeLabs. 90 minute wait. I asked how it’s like early in the morning. If you haven’t lined up before opening, it gets bad. 8:00 am there was a two hour wait. You can do a “Save my spot,” via their website. Still a long wait, but there’s a cue that you can view (count down timer). Anyway, I have to go every three months. I’m booking an appointment for that one now, lol.

N.V.M. 10-20-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 9003286)
If any of you guys need blood work or anything else done at LifeLabs, don’t wait. Appointments are full for weeks. Usually wait times are acceptable. Like less than 20 minutes. Here I am at North Road LifeLabs. 90 minute wait. I asked how it’s like early in the morning. If you haven’t lined up before opening, it gets bad. 8:00 am there was a two hour wait. You can do a “Save my spot,” via their website. Still a long wait, but there’s a cue that you can view (count down timer). Anyway, I have to go every three months. I’m booking an appointment for that one now, lol.

i give a blood sample every Friday, to be tested and see if my warfarin dose needs adjustment. anyways i was told i must book an appointment now, starting this week.
no idea why, but it was easy enough. the addy is www.labonlinebooking.ca.

Teriyaki 10-20-2020 05:46 PM

If you drive a Focus RS with Alberta plates and had your tires changed at Costco Richmond today, just note that the tech driving your car out stalled not once, but twice just from the drive out the bay.

Presto 10-20-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teriyaki (Post 9003336)
If you drive a Focus RS with Alberta plates and had your tires changed at Costco Richmond today, just note that the tech driving your car out stalled not once, but twice just from the drive out the bay.

Better report that guy. Considering the Alberta plates, he obviously lacks the skill to burn the clutch to a crisp.

Jaffray 10-21-2020 03:45 PM

This is a reach but anyone has any leads on a jumbo minion plushie? lol. Couldn't find any bigger ones off Amazon

Bouncing Bettys 10-22-2020 11:28 AM

Learned yesterday that one of my personal heroes, James The Amazing Randi, passed away on Tuesday at 92. He ruined my childhood enjoyment in such shows as Unsolved Mysteries and drew me to Atheism and skepticism.

A documentary was made about him, which was on Neflix. Not sure if it's still on there.

It's too bad he was retired from public life. His insight into the past decade of modern culture would have been interesting to hear. RIP to an amazing legend.

ImportPsycho 10-27-2020 11:06 AM

"The first 1000 people to comment (CASH) by receiving $ 5,000,000 and I am real. starting now."

i see this very often on FB.
some scammer will make fake celebrity FB post with short video, looking like this celebrity is giving cash away.
what does the scammer gain by getting people to comment on their post?

PeanutButter 10-27-2020 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImportPsycho (Post 9004068)
"The first 1000 people to comment (CASH) by receiving $ 5,000,000 and I am real. starting now."

i see this very often on FB.
some scammer will make fake celebrity FB post with short video, looking like this celebrity is giving cash away.
what does the scammer gain by getting people to comment on their post?

Troll's need to be fed?

racerman88 10-29-2020 08:25 AM

Anyone else having issues with their outlook/ Hotmail accounts?
This is the second time it has happened where any emails I have deleted or read in the past week have popped back up in my inbox as unread.
All of a sudden my iPhone will show over 1000 unread emails.
Any idea how I can fix this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitev70r 10-29-2020 09:59 AM

Surprised no one started a thread or brought up mobility pricing into the DT core, being proposed soon in City council meeting. Taxes for driving to DT ... can't wait ??!!

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/city...tolls-proposal

https://images.dailyhive.com/2019092...o-core-map.jpg

Hondaracer 10-29-2020 10:12 AM

Max exodus from downtown. Over run by drug addicts and filth and now you’re going to tax the people who can’t afford to live there but have to commute to work..

CoV officials are a fucking joke.

MG1 10-29-2020 10:40 AM

Cot Dam, I went to Russell Hendrix and Fujiya this morning. Decided, what the hell, go west, young man. Ended up at International Village. Haven’t been to Oomomo in a few weeks. Wanted those Made in Japan, gel fragrance things, ‘cause ones made in chaina are suspect. Anyway, they’re closed. Looks like permanently............ in fact, the whole mall is pretty much dead. It’s now just a shortcut for people. I guess there’s Rexall and a few shops, but wow.

Razor Ramon HG 10-29-2020 11:05 AM

Yeah, I think they had a closing out sale a few weeks back. I think most things were like 30 to 50% off or something? I remember seeing it on Redflagdeals.

mikemhg 10-29-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 9004399)
Max exodus from downtown. Over run by drug addicts and filth and now you’re going to tax the people who can’t afford to live there but have to commute to work..

CoV officials are a fucking joke.

I agree, this is completely fucking idiotic. Why not just escalate the demise of the hospitality economy in DT, what are they thinking?

CivicBlues 10-30-2020 08:02 AM

What about the 10s of thousands (100 thousand?) Downtown/Olympic village/Fairview/Mt. Pleasant residents? Are they going to charge us for driving around in our own fucking neighborhoods?

Hondaracer 10-30-2020 08:17 AM

Or people who have to travel through DT to get to the North Shore, East Van people going to places like Home Depot etc. Which aren’t even downtown getting taxed, it’s insane

CivicBlues 10-30-2020 08:22 AM

This plan needs to be kiboshed by the Provincial Gov't and the entire City Council turfed at the next election. What a ludicrous proposal.

underscore 10-30-2020 08:46 AM

If it's run as badly as the bridge tolls then as a tourist I just won't ever go downtown again. Which I guess helps their goal of reducing carbon emissions from within their little box, but it just moves it (and the income from tourism) someplace else.

6793026 10-30-2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 9004496)
Or people who have to travel through DT to get to the North Shore, East Van people going to places like Home Depot etc. Which aren’t even downtown getting taxed, it’s insane

this is a good one honestly, if i live in HSB, and I have to get pass downtown... and i have tolls to pay.. Falk....
Wouldn't wanna force everyone down to 2nd narrows just to bypass, which is stupid.

CivicBlues 10-30-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 9004499)
If it's run as badly as the bridge tolls then as a tourist I just won't ever go downtown again. Which I guess helps their goal of reducing carbon emissions from within their little box, but it just moves it (and the income from tourism) someplace else.

Tourists will still come. No one is going to fly all the way to "Vancouver" and go to Metrotown or Minoru Park over Stanley Park and DT. London, Singapore have congestion charges and it hasn't killed their tourism industry.

It's really just their way of telling suburbanites to fuck off.

StylinRed 10-30-2020 01:37 PM

This is why the public has to go to these meetings to say No, like those idiot anti maskers who got cov to not mandate masks in public buildings

inv4zn 11-06-2020 10:28 PM

So I drove in oncoming lane to a car with an LED drl that stretched horizontally across the entire front. Not aftermarket, it was well integrated into headlights.

Its rear lights were ovalish, kinda like the last-gen A-class.

SUV/small hatchback shape.

Any idea what car this could be?

MG1 11-06-2020 11:35 PM

Probably the Rivian? The SUV version, not the truck.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rivi...8wOVr-4eaFHh4M

k3mps 11-08-2020 04:36 PM

You wouldn't be wrong; Rivian is entering Vancouver very soon / started hiring already.

inv4zn 11-08-2020 08:15 PM

I don't think it was the Rivian, it didn't have the circular parts, and the bar/strip was much thinner.