REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-23-2022, 07:59 PM   #13276
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,363 Times in 5,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post

Plus you don’t have kids, Honda. Quiet is a major factor for parents lol
That he knows of... or will admit to
Advertisement
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 08:02 PM   #13277
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,308 Times in 5,630 Posts
Hmm maybe mine is pretty quiet then because I’ve never actively noticed it running while chilling in the kitchen etc.
Old 05-23-2022, 08:31 PM   #13278
in the butt

Thanked 3,212 Times in 1,180 Posts
You guys have dishwashers?

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2022, 09:17 PM   #13279
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,182 Times in 478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
You guys have dishwashers?

Yeah, we need it to store dishes, not wash them.

We had an appliance thread here, there was an appliance guy that made a good overview of the brands to buy for each catagory. For dishwasher he recommend a Bosch but not the cheapest one. I bought a $1k+ Bosch on clearance and it's low dB levels do not disappoint, I need to really try to pay attention in order to hear it running.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2022, 10:13 PM   #13280
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
LOL.......... I wash the dishes by hand then air dry them in the dishwasher.

Cutlery basket, ftmfw!
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2022, 10:25 PM   #13281
MG1

Love my Dyson Hot+Cool air purifier. It’s not an AC, but it lowers temperatures just enough. Plus, HEPA filtration. Remote or via smartphone. Kept me very warm in winter, too.

Old 05-23-2022, 10:30 PM   #13282
in the butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post

This sounds very familiar
If people use their car garages to store boxes of old crap and baby strollers in the real estate thread

What's inside your dish washers

Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
Old 05-23-2022, 10:36 PM   #13283
in the butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Love my Dyson Hot+Cool air purifier. It’s not an AC, but it lowers temperatures just enough. Plus, HEPA filtration. Remote or via smartphone. Kept me very warm in winter, too.
Blows my mind, no pun intended, how Dyson took a 16$ fan with a 3$ electric heat strip, and made it 600$ by marketing

The fact that they are allowed to use "cool" in the name is a joke. Along with the "blue airwaves" seen in their photos

Old 05-24-2022, 08:34 AM   #13284
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,811 Times in 2,500 Posts
wonder if there is a $25 version on aliexpress that's a knock off that does the same thing?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 09:13 AM   #13285

Dyson gets a lot of hate I think mainly for the price but in my experience all their products just work and work well.

Bought my wife their hair dryer for an anniversary gift and she swears by it would buy another one if this one broke tomorrow. Is it $300 better than the $200 hair dryer? Mau e not. But like anything it becomes a scale of diminishing returns at the high end

Also have the cordless vaccume V8 absolute and it’s been fantastic since day one. Got a deal on this from a friends/family discount, ended up paying $350 or so as opposed to the 670+ they wanted for the same model. However it’s worked great for 5 years now
Old 05-24-2022, 10:43 AM   #13286
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Blows my mind, no pun intended, how Dyson took a 16$ fan with a 3$ electric heat strip, and made it 600$ by marketing

The fact that they are allowed to use "cool" in the name is a joke. Along with the "blue airwaves" seen in their photos
All you're paying for is the name "Dyson" on a piece of plastic. Reminds me of an episode on Adam Ruins Everything about sunglasses/glasses. One company owns 20+ of the most popular brand names, Armani, D&G, Michael Kors, Prada, etc. All the glasses are made in the same factory, same production line, using the same materials as the regular frames you can get at any generic store but writing the name brand on the side will decide what price they'll sell for.
It's amazing what stuff will sell for if a celebrity endorses it.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 10:54 AM   #13287
Performance Moderator

Yah Luxotica has all of them… I will say tho I have RayBan sunglass frames made in Italy and the exact same frames made in China for eyeglasses and the China ones don’t fit right, the part where the arms attach is like 1/4 of a cm shorter and it makes all the difference in the world comfort wise, Italian ones are much better.
Old 05-24-2022, 12:37 PM   #13288
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Dyson gets a lot of hate I think mainly for the price but in my experience all their products just work and work well.

Bought my wife their hair dryer for an anniversary gift and she swears by it would buy another one if this one broke tomorrow. Is it $300 better than the $200 hair dryer? Mau e not. But like anything it becomes a scale of diminishing returns at the high end

Also have the cordless vaccume V8 absolute and it’s been fantastic since day one. Got a deal on this from a friends/family discount, ended up paying $350 or so as opposed to the 670+ they wanted for the same model. However it’s worked great for 5 years now
I bought a refurb Dyson 5 years ago for $100. Sold it couple months ago when I posted it up for $40, literally 30 people messaged me in a span of 24 hours. I broke and lost all the attachments, also the battery literally only lasts like 10 mins. Amazing how "Dyson" suckers people in lol, but their vacuum is quite amazing, if you have a small space.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 01:01 PM   #13289

I purchased a replacement battery from Amazon for $70 or so, it’s a Chinese replacement but it has a larger amperage hour rating than the stock one

Can do 1700 sq ft of living space with multiple carpets, staircase etc. in one charge
Old 05-24-2022, 06:47 PM   #13290
MG1

Quote:

It works for me and the fact I can control it from anywhere is a plus. In winter, I set it on heat before I hit the sack. It's more than a $16 fan. Very reliable......... anyway.

Old 05-24-2022, 06:56 PM   #13291
MG1

I have two V8 animals or whatever they call 'em and they're so convenient. I had a mattress V6, but the battery died. I guess I should replace the battery. I can't remember when I used the built in vac last. I like the built in because it was so quiet (unless you're in the garage, lol) and no exhaust. Lugging the hose around was such a buzz kill, though.

This post thanked by:
Old 05-24-2022, 08:14 PM   #13292
in the butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
It's more than a $16 fan.
Your right, it's 584$ more

Old 05-24-2022, 08:32 PM   #13293
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,807 Times in 8,185 Posts
Dyson vacuums are legit. The only issue I have is the battery life was never really good.

I'd expect the hair dryer to be good though, because it's similar to the vacuums. All those whacky channels and shit really makes it powerful.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 09:43 PM   #13294
MG1

Quote:

Well, instead of fixing, maintaining, and installing equipment, maybe you can use your expertise and fine people skills to come up with something way better. I'd buy stuff off you..........

Old 05-24-2022, 10:06 PM   #13295
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
I am a huge Dyson fans. I've had everything from their vacuum to their lightings.

Yeah, their MSRP is totally crazy on some stuff. But if you really take their longevity into the equation, it's really not that bad.

I still have the very first Dyson vacuum I got. Still working as it was day 1, that's 10+yrs... more like 15.

The hairdryer is just mindblowing (no pun intended) quick. I used to use some decent Panasonic ones that were considered very good hairdryers. But it's nothing comparing to the Dyson. As a person who has medium length hair and wash almost daily, the time I save on the Dyson justifies not just the discounted price I got it for, but the full MSRP. As someone said above, if it breaks tomorrow, I'd just buy another one without blinking an eye. It's just one of those luxuries that's very hard to compromise once you got used to them.
Old 05-24-2022, 10:28 PM   #13296
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,179 Posts
Another Dyson fan here… love my Dyson corded canister vacuum from many years ago, still going strong (except it needed a major overhaul after I used it to suck up baking soda and clogged up the internals - don’t do that!).

For the Dyson haters, I’ll agree they’re pricey, but have you ever used one of their products before and had a bad experience?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2022, 07:19 AM   #13297
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,807 Times in 8,185 Posts
Compared to department store or London Drugs hair dryers, I'm sure the Dysons are incredible. But if you want a really good hair dryer for a good price, see if you can get a brand the salons use... We bought one from a wholesaler and holy shit! Maybe the Dyson is better but this was like $100 ten years ago, and throws an insane amount of air and heat. It's loud though that's for sure
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2022, 11:57 PM   #13298
MG1

Quote:

I also like the AQI feature of the Dyson. You can set it to auto filter the air at whatever level you choose. I'm fortunate that in my bedroom, the air quality is pretty good. A few times, it's been in the red and yellow, but most of the time, it's in the green. It's all in the app. So, it's easy to control everything from temperature, fan speed, etc. from the app. I like the night mode feature. Dims the LEDs and cuts the fan speed down to make it quiet enough to fall asleep. The timer feature I don't use that much. The app shows outside AQI, as well as, the room's AQI. I guess they get the outside Air Quality Index from environment Canada. You can set the thing to swivel and choose between concentrated output and diffuse mode. The app also tells you how much HEPA filter life you have left and the condition of the sensor cover. So, this means the Dyson gets bumped up to 25 bucks worth of equipment?

Forgot to mention, it keeps track of air quality, temperature, and humidity for both inside and outside for the past 7 days or so.

Last edited by MG1; 05-26-2022 at 07:01 AM.
Old 05-26-2022, 01:32 AM   #13299
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Does anyone know if you can have vanity plates issued on the standard license plate style or do they need to be in that green/white/blue style (image below)?

Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:39 AM   #13300
Performance Moderator

Always that design… even the personalized motorcycle plates are a mini version of that design haha
This post thanked by: