REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-17-2022, 01:20 PM   #13401
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,752 Times in 700 Posts
Has anyone stayed at Aria or Bellagio in Vegas?
Trying to decide between the two. We have a free voucher and we can pick either, i'm just not sure which would be better. My gut is telling me to stay at the Bellagio, but i'm not sure.

It's just me and the girlie.
Advertisement
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 01:27 PM   #13402
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Haven’t stayed at either but I’d choose the Bellagio without hesitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 01:35 PM   #13403
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
^ only need to go to office in person if you want it rushed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you can wait, I think it can be done through the mail?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 02:21 PM   #13404
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
it's been while since my last renew,
why do they need to go to the passport office? to pick up? interview?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
^ only need to go to office in person if you want it rushed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you can wait, I think it can be done through the mail?
Yeah if you don't have travel plans in the next few months, you can send it in by mail. Be warned that your application will go into a black hole and you'll have no idea if it was received and when it will be processed! Calling in by phone to ask for an update might be frustrating...

If you go to the office in person, at least you'll get to see a real person and get an idea of when you'll receive your new passport.

I think the general rule right now is if you need it within 45 business days, you should go in person. If you submit the application in person, you can select one of the following options:

-Standard: On or after 10 business days, plus the mail delivery time (optional: pick up in person for $20 extra)
-Express: within 2-9 business days ($50 extra)
-Urgent: by end of next business day ($110 extra)
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 04:23 PM   #13405
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
The last two days, my glasses were "foggy" for lack of a better word. I look at it and it looks clean. Upon closer look, there are thin lines, almost like cracks going across the lenses. I try multiple times to clean them. I decide to go get them checked out at the optical department at Willingdon Costco. Dude there asks me if I leave the glasses in the car. I tell him, yes. Well, heat can cause damage to the lens coating. Lenses with damage caused by heat is not covered under warranty. $129.00 to replace them. I've left my glasses in my cars for decades with no issues. They even survived the heat dome of last year. Long story short, I'm screwed. I then decide to go the Brighton Avenue optical department. Same deal. Not covered. Plus, the guy there tells me there's a note in the system that I left the glasses in the car. Wow.............I went directly to the Brighton location right away. To my surprise, the guy tells me he will replace the lenses under warranty. I have a second pair at home, so I drove home without glasses. Lesson learned. Don't leave glasses stored in the car. Maybe when I'm up for new glasses, I'll get lenses with no coatings whatsoever.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 05:27 PM   #13406
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
it's been while since my last renew,
why do they need to go to the passport office? to pick up? interview?
In person submission or else it can take a few months from the sounds of it
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2022, 06:47 PM   #13407
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
The last two days, my glasses were "foggy" for lack of a better word. I look at it and it looks clean. Upon closer look, there are thin lines, almost like cracks going across the lenses. I try multiple times to clean them. I decide to go get them checked out at the optical department at Willingdon Costco. Dude there asks me if I leave the glasses in the car. I tell him, yes. Well, heat can cause damage to the lens coating. Lenses with damage caused by heat is not covered under warranty. $129.00 to replace them. I've left my glasses in my cars for decades with no issues. They even survived the heat dome of last year. Long story short, I'm screwed. I then decide to go the Brighton Avenue optical department. Same deal. Not covered. Plus, the guy there tells me there's a note in the system that I left the glasses in the car. Wow.............I went directly to the Brighton location right away. To my surprise, the guy tells me he will replace the lenses under warranty. I have a second pair at home, so I drove home without glasses. Lesson learned. Don't leave glasses stored in the car. Maybe when I'm up for new glasses, I'll get lenses with no coatings whatsoever.
Similar issue happened to me. Was doing my regular eye exam and optometrist tells me that my prescription hasn't changed although I noticed I wasn't able to read street signs as well. Bought new lenses and frames and when they arrived, my vision was much clearer! I compared the lenses because I bought the same type and noticed a bunch of lines on the old pair. With the help from the people at the optometrist, we figured out it was because I was cleaning my glasses with warm water.

I just get anti scratch lenses, nothing fancy.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 06:49 PM   #13408
in the butt

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,183 Posts
Quote:
Yeah dem coatings are sensitive, I got a pair with blue light filter recently, the next day I'm grinding shit at work, and the spark or small piece of metal burned off a fractional section right in the middle.
Got them replaced on single use warranty, now they non-work glasses only

Back to my old pair for work with no coatings

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 08:28 PM   #13409

Under what circumstances would you leave your glasses in the car? Are these not your prescription glasses? Or just your sunglasses?
Old 06-17-2022, 09:01 PM   #13410
I don't get it

When you're old, you need glasses for near vision and a different prescription for far vision. Eyes just don't work
ssjGoku69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:08 PM   #13411
MG1

I'm the opposite. When on computer, I have to remove the glasses. Only when I drive or go shopping do I have to wear the glasses. Good vision to about three or four feet. Not totally blind, but things are a little fuzzy after five feet. So, I just leave the glasses in the car. Come to think of it, the cars are usually in the carport, but recently, I've had to leave my daily out in the driveway. I brought out the second pair and holy shit, they are so clear, I forget I have them on. Damn.............

BTW, transition lenses with scratch resistant layer. I'm covered for glasses every two years, so I'm up for new ones in about six months. I have enough coverage to almost pay for two pairs. Extended health care coverage, ftmfw! Can't complain about retirement benefits.

Last edited by MG1; 06-17-2022 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-18-2022, 10:41 AM   #13412
MG1

I thought the weather would keep people away, but Hats Off Day is jam packed with people. Hastings Street closed off from Boundary to whatever street the McDonald’s is. Love walking across Willingdon. Vintage and muscle cars. Atmosphere is awesome. Not raining.

This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2022, 11:54 AM   #13413
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
I have heard of the movie Snakes on a Plane. How about actual news about a snake in a Ferrari?

A Northern Pacific rattlesnake got inside a Ferrari during a dealership event in the Okanagan. A road trip. The snake hitched a ride from Osoyoos back to the Vancouver dealership.

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2022/0...ouver-ferrari/

The snake got named Enzo.

-video of Enzo the Pacific Northern rattle snake at the Ferrari dealership:

-interesting part about Enzo the rattle snake is that it has a micro chip embedded inside it as part of a research project.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42....-w&oe=62AE4943
Old 06-18-2022, 11:56 AM   #13414
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
I went to the premiere of snakes on a plane with a bag full of rubber snakes from the dollar store… when there was scenes of snakes bursting out of stuff I threw the snakes on the audience hahaha man some people really lost their shit
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2022, 12:43 PM   #13415
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,924 Times in 3,877 Posts
Can anyone recommend any good takeout around Metrotown? I'm open to pretty much anything but I'm hoping to find a good Japanese place because my kids love teriyaki beef. If you happen to know if they're good about allergies that'd be a bonus.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 12:59 PM   #13416
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Can anyone recommend any good takeout around Metrotown? I'm open to pretty much anything but I'm hoping to find a good Japanese place because my kids love teriyaki beef. If you happen to know if they're good about allergies that'd be a bonus.
I highly recommend Isami Sushi. Good quality sashimi and aburi sushi.

One of my favorite Japanese restaurants. They open only for dinner on weekends starting at 5pm.

-open at 11:30am on weekdays.

Japanese owners of this restaurant.

It is located in the Metro Pointe Dental clinic building near Metrotown.

Good takeout from them too.

Isami Sushi
4603 Kingsway #6, Burnaby, BC
Old 06-18-2022, 02:16 PM   #13417
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,025 Posts
^ Second Isami.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2022, 06:08 PM   #13418
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts

Anyone got any ideas on how to attach the bottom part of the pallet corner back to the top half? It's on one out of the six supports and there's a sizeable gap.

I'm thinking mending plate if I can figure out a way to straighten the edges or maybe just a shit ton of wood glue.

Yeah, it's a pretty shit pallet they made.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 06:56 PM   #13419

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Hon Sushi, if you use ubereats, they have a couple items that are BOGO ...
This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2022, 07:20 PM   #13420
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,384 Times in 3,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post

Anyone got any ideas on how to attach the bottom part of the pallet corner back to the top half? It's on one out of the six supports and there's a sizeable gap.

I'm thinking mending plate if I can figure out a way to straighten the edges or maybe just a shit ton of wood glue.

Yeah, it's a pretty shit pallet they made.
Use expanding foam to fill the gap then attach a piece of wood to the front.
Old 06-18-2022, 08:03 PM   #13421
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
shim a piece of wood in there and then put a bunch of screws/nails in it
Old 06-18-2022, 08:42 PM   #13422
MG1

Take all that shit out and replace with a 4x4 piece of wood cut to size. Done.

This post thanked by:
Old 06-18-2022, 09:17 PM   #13423
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Take all that shit out and replace with a 4x4 piece of wood cut to size. Done.
Pallet is loaded and fully crated. Looking for an easy fix so it'll last the week long journey to Toronto, lol.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 09:32 PM   #13424
MG1

Quote:
Pallet is loaded and fully crated. Looking for an easy fix so it'll last the week long journey to Toronto, lol.
wedge something in between upper and lower planks. Probably hammer it in, then take old stuff out and replace with 4x4 cut to size.

Old 06-19-2022, 05:34 AM   #13425
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
Since you only need it for a week. Could you drive a long screw at 45 degrees and hold all the wood together?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: