REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-06-2023, 11:40 AM   #16001
in the butt

Thanked 3,222 Times in 1,184 Posts
Anyone go to Japan recently? Are they still requiring your 3rd covid shot on arrival or PCR test?
Advertisement

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 12:51 PM   #16002
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
I went back in December and they did
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 01:31 PM   #16003
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
I just got the invite for my 5th shot. I think I will say no this time. I'm done.
Old 04-06-2023, 02:15 PM   #16004
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts

Last edited by ilovebacon; 04-06-2023 at 02:30 PM.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2023, 03:23 PM   #16005
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
Anyone go to Japan recently? Are they still requiring your 3rd covid shot on arrival or PCR test?
Yup but they're removing the restrictions in may.
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 03:32 PM   #16006

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
Yes sir

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 04:09 PM   #16007
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
I just got the invite for my 5th shot. I think I will say no this time. I'm done.
Got mine a few days ago. Girl was good (pyt from UBC nursing). I didn’t feel a thing. Sore arm that night because I slept on it. No reaction, as usual. The last thing I need is Covid that leads to long Covid. Not taking any chances. I’m not afraid of any Borg Nanobots.

Bivalent Pfizer, btw.

Pfizer, Moderna, Moderna, Moderna (bivalent), Pfizer (Bivalent). Somewhere in there is a quadrivalent flu vaccine. Oh, lame shingles vaccine and a double dose of Shingrex.

Same day booking from time I received invitation. Far cry from when Covid-19 vaccines first came out.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 04-06-2023 at 04:29 PM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2023, 11:39 PM   #16008
in the butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
Yup but they're removing the restrictions in may.
Good to know, I'm heading down late May

Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
Old 04-08-2023, 04:34 PM   #16009
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,347 Times in 5,651 Posts
Any recommendations for places for sectionals/sofas?

Costco doesn’t have anything that really works for us weve been looking for a bit

Found one today from Laz boy for like $7000 though.. don’t really feel like
Dropping 7k on a sectional with a chaise but so far it feels and works the best :/

Last edited by Hondaracer; 04-08-2023 at 05:14 PM.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 05:09 PM   #16010
in the butt

Don't know about you, but I like the Craigslist specials if you have time.

You can get a solid couch or sectional for 1/2 or 1/4 the price, and they are brand new. End of month when people are moving, people get desperate, and will take even less not to deal with it

Lots of people buy a couch, it "doesn't fit" or it's for their vacation home, and then sell it off for fractions of the cost.

Then you have 3k to blow on fancy dinners, car parts, or whatever else you want to spend your money on

Now that I think about it, almost all of my furniture is off Craigslist.

This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2023, 05:11 PM   #16011

We have a fairly specific requirement in terms of sizing etc. so I’m willing to spend more/buy new if the fit is perfect

But yea I’ve seen some crazy deals on couches on marketplace I would have definitely considered if they had fit, legitamite 12-14k couches in excellent condition for 6000-7000

Like the lazy boy ones are crazy comfortable but is it worth like double from a Costco or Ashley home etc. I dunno
Old 04-08-2023, 05:29 PM   #16012
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
I had mine custom ordered from bo concept for a specific style, fabric, and layout. Was just over $6k all in. This was pre inflation though ordered January of 2022.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback

Last edited by sonick; 04-08-2023 at 05:43 PM.
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2023, 05:39 PM   #16013
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Wasn't furniture shopping but strolled past the furniture section at the bay and what the fk, prices inflated insanely! Never imagined couches at the bay would be over $10K
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 05:53 PM   #16014
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,505 Posts
holy shit here i am too cheap to buy a $1k sofa man everyone here's a baller

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 09:54 PM   #16015
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
There is huge markup on furniture. Always haggle.
Old 04-09-2023, 08:57 AM   #16016
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
I haven't been furniture shopping lately, so I'm not sure how prices have shaken out now but Prices went up about two years ago when anti dumping tariffs came into effect.

Upholstered furniture from China and Vietnam sold in Canada now is subject to country-wide duties of 295.5% and 101.5%, respectively, after a preliminary determination of dumping by the Canadian International Trade Tribunal.

CITT found “reasonable indication” that dumping and subsidizing of upholstered seating made in China and Vietnam has or is threating to damage Canada’s domestic furniture manufacturing industry. The CITT will continue its inquiry and expects to issue its ultimate finding by Sep. 2.

Twenty-eight Chinese manufacturers were assigned separate rates ranging from 20.65% to 226.45%, while seven manufacturers in Vietnam received separate duty rates ranging from 17.44% to 89.77%. A list of those companies can be found here.

CBSA launched the investigation in December based upon a complaint filed by Palliser Furniture and supported by fellow Canandian manufacturers Elran Furniture Ltd., Jaymar Furniture Corp., EQ3 Ltd. and Fornirama Inc. The move looks to limit the penetration of motion upholstery and leather stationary furniture from China and Vietnam into Canada. According to CBSA, the Canadian market for such merchandise has been estimated at $675 million annually.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2023, 11:01 AM   #16017
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,579 Times in 1,722 Posts
We bought a sectional back in 2021 and we were shocked how much we ended up paying due to the above changes.

I love how regular Canadians have to now pay triple the price for furniture from mere years ago simply to satiate a few Canadian manufacturers that HEAVILY use and abuse the foreign worker programs, all to enrich some prick like this?

Canadian monopolies continue to monopoly.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2023, 09:17 AM   #16018
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
We have a fairly specific requirement in terms of sizing etc. so I’m willing to spend more/buy new if the fit is perfect

But yea I’ve seen some crazy deals on couches on marketplace I would have definitely considered if they had fit, legitamite 12-14k couches in excellent condition for 6000-7000

Like the lazy boy ones are crazy comfortable but is it worth like double from a Costco or Ashley home etc. I dunno
At that budget, I'd suggest checking out Van Gogh. Everything they do is 100% custom. The pricing is surprisingly reasonable.

Everything is made locally in Surrey in the same facility.

They have a very large, very nice showroom in Surrey where you can see almost everything in person before you order.

Typically, the actual purchase has to be done at a local retailer because Van Gogh doesn't sell to the public directly, they are the manufacturer and wholesaler. That gives you a chance to haggle a bit.

You can customize length, depth, height, cushion firmness, fabric, you name it.

One of the biggest complaints we had when buying furniture is how many brands insist on the back cushions being attached to the frame of the couch. This prevents you from flipping the cushions so they wear evenly over time (or to hide a bad stain haha). That was another reason we went fully custom.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2023, 11:51 AM   #16019
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
According to a post on FB, the Chevron Parkland refinery is out of regular, so there's quite a bit of Chevrons offering 94 for regular price instead.

If anyone needs to gas up, might be worth checking out a Chevron first.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2023, 06:31 PM   #16020

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
If you are shopping for something very specific, where the official retailer's only work is really to order and get it for you, they are usually willing to offer very good discount on them as there's minimum work for them to make a few bucks.

My parents got their Eames Lounge chair, a very specific color/wood combination and they were able to get it for about 40% off after everything accounted (it was an out of province dealer, so only 5% tax) vs. what they'd spend with a local Herman Miller retailer.

I was able to order a niche Nikon lens I wanted for about 20% off... because it was a special order item and not something any Nikon dealer would stock.

And the reason was simple... all they had to do to make some nice dough off me was a few keystroke to order the lens from Nikon.
Old 04-11-2023, 08:51 AM   #16021
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

We got our sofas made by Stylus. They are amazing. Would recommend. In future I won't waste my time anywhere else, will just go there again. Check them out, in Burnaby.
nismodrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 09:57 AM   #16022
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
If you are shopping for something very specific, where the official retailer's only work is really to order and get it for you, they are usually willing to offer very good discount on them as there's minimum work for them to make a few bucks.

My parents got their Eames Lounge chair, a very specific color/wood combination and they were able to get it for about 40% off after everything accounted (it was an out of province dealer, so only 5% tax) vs. what they'd spend with a local Herman Miller retailer.

I was able to order a niche Nikon lens I wanted for about 20% off... because it was a special order item and not something any Nikon dealer would stock.

And the reason was simple... all they had to do to make some nice dough off me was a few keystroke to order the lens from Nikon.
I wish the same can be said with ordering new cars
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2023, 10:03 AM   #16023
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts

Is it price gouging by offering higher prices to the people than the people who are members..?
I saw that as I walked by the aisle in superstore

Last edited by ilovebacon; 04-11-2023 at 02:11 PM.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 10:35 AM   #16024
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post

The other thing with that is, they don't have to eat the cost of inventory with an item like this. They order it and you pay right away and the item is gone, zero risk for them.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-11-2023, 05:10 PM   #16025

Fuck so I feel like I got a steal of a deal.. thanks for planting the seed Donk

Ended up paying $2600 for a L-a-z (god it feels so stupid writing it this way lol) anyways. Lazy boy sectional with a pull out sleeper. apparently under a year old this thing is fucking mint. And it retails for $7500 USD! Lol

I’ll post a pic once it’s setup. Inb4 bed bugs