REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #3501

Advertisement
Old 01-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #3502
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
I did some googling and it seems like $100 per person would be appropriate.
But, since it's my best friends sister I'll give a little more. I like the idea of 88.
So I'll probably do $188.

Thanks.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #3503

Old 01-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #3504
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Let the good times roll...

Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #3505
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsuda View Post
Geeze

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – Vancouver Police are investigating a fatal collision at Cambie Street and West 33rd Avenue after a car hit a light pole late last night.

Around 12:30 a.m., a car was traveling south on Cambie Street from West 33rd Avenue when it veered off the road and hit a light pole.

Tragically, a 26-year-old woman that had been sitting in the front passenger seat was pronounced dead at the scene.

The name of the deceased is not being released as the family has not yet been notified.

The 26-year-old driver of the car was taken to hospital with minor injuries and is cooperating with police. Police believe that speed was a factor in the crash.

Anyone that witnessed the collision and has not spoken with police is asked to call the VPD Collision Investigation Unit at (604) 717-3012.

same spot on april 2012 . coincidentally also an audi (different model)

Holy Crap! How Did Anyone Survive This Explosive Audi Crash?

Cambie street News, Videos, Reviews and Gossip - Jalopnik
valent|n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #3506
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
some VERY cool furniture ideas for small spaces!

dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #3507
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Ban Audi's on Cambie Street
Old 01-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #3508
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Just announced, Lou will get the start over Schneider in tomorrow's Blackhawks game. He got some mad love from the crowd last night.
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #3509
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Alabama kidnapping standoff, Jimmy Lee Dykes still holds boy | World | News | National Post

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2013, 09:06 PM   #3510
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Quote:
You know by today's standards none of us was supposed to ever make it.

HIGH SCHOOL -- 1958 vs. 2012

Scenario 1:

Jack goes duck hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1958 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2012 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:

Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1958 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2012 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3:

Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1958 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2012 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The family gets extra money (SSI) from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:

Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1958 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.

2012- Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse; Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5:

Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1958 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock .

2012- The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:

Pedro fails high school English.

1958 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

2012 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7:

Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.

1958 - Ants die.

2012 - ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents - and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8:

Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1958 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2012 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.
lol
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #3511
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
"Vancouver police have a suspect in custody following a stabbing in Vancouver’s West End.

It happened around 6:45 p.m. inside an apartment building on Barclay near Bute.

Seven people were injured, six of them had to be taken to hospital with unknown injuries."

Police investigate West End stabbing | News1130
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #3512
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
And they say it's only certain types of parents who are psychotic and controlling...

21-year-old Ohio honor student wins stalking order against helicopter parents who monitored her Internet use and phone calls - NY Daily News
Quote:
21-year-old Ohio honor student wins stalking order against helicopter parents who monitored her Internet use and phone calls
Aubrey Ireland’s parents wanted to keep their daughter close – so close that they installed tracking software on the 21-year-old’s phone and computer so that they could monitor every site she visited and every person she talked to.

It was “like I was a dog with a collar on,” said Ireland, a music theater student at the University of Cincinnati.

After three years, the college senior had enough. A judge granted her a stalking order against her parents, the Cincinnati Enquirer reports. David and Julie Ireland have to stay 500 feet away from their daughter at all times and can’t get back in touch with her for a year.

At first, her parents were supportive. Even though Aubrey was offered full scholarships to other acting schools, they agreed to pay for tuition at their daughter’s school of choice.

Aubrey has been on the dean’s list throughout her time as a student at Cincinnati’s College-Conservatory of Music. She often won leading roles in the school’s musicals.

But despite her success, the Irelands’ behavior became more erratic. The helicopter parents would often show up at their daughter’s college unannounced, even though it was a 600 mile drive from their hometown in Leawood, Kan. David and Julie Ireland told the musical theater department head that their daughter had mental issues and needed to be treated. They accused her of being promiscuous and taking illegal drugs.

“It’s just been really embarrassing and upsetting to have my parents come to my university when I’m a grown adult and just basically slander my name and follow me around,” Aubrey said during a court hearing.

Although Aubrey said their accusations were false, the parents had another card up their sleeves. They admitted that they were electronically tracking their daughter’s Internet use and monitoring her phone calls.

Last year, the student told police that her mother had assaulted her after showing up at her apartment in Cincinnati, according to the Daily Mail. Her mother countered that accusation with one of her own – she said that her daughter was the one who had assaulted her.

Aubrey eventually cut off all contact with her parents. But that didn’t keep them away. The school hired security guards to keep the Irelands out of their daughter’s shows. When they stopped paying her tuition, the school offered to pay for her senior year of college.

When her parents told the University of Cincinnati that they were going to take her away for mental evaluations, Aubrey decided to take action.

On Sept. 24, she filed a civil stalking order against her parents. At a Dec. 10 court hearing, Julie demanded that her daughter pay back the $66,000 her parents had spent on her three years of college. When mediators suggested that the parents, not the daughter, were the problem, the Irelands said that Aubrey was “a good actor and lying.”

“She's an only child who was catered to all her life by loving parents,”' Julie said in court. “We’re not bothering her. We're not a problem.”

Judge Jody Luebbers ruled that, as an adult, Aubrey is allowed to live her life according to her own wishes. The stalking order remains in effect until at least next Sept. 23.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #3513
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
Anyone know anything about tanning? Going to Mexico on march 7th and last year I got burnt baddddd so figure try to work in a base tan, when should I start tanning for march 7th and how often?
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #3514
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Anyone know anything about tanning? Going to Mexico on march 7th and last year I got burnt baddddd so figure try to work in a base tan, when should I start tanning for march 7th and how often?
Posted via RS Mobile
start tanning now and go 3 times a week and you will be fine. I never used lotion so it took a bit longer but saved me from being burnt on vacation. go bare balls and start little time and move it up slowly.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #3515

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
^^ Agreed.

I got a spray tan last year, and that doesn't really help at all.

Your abit late to start getting a base tan from UV beds, but like murd0c said. Go now and start 3x/week. Also talk to the people working there and see what they think.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #3516

This is insane.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #3517

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Daily planet did a segment at the new Sportchek in Downtown Toronto....
Pretty cool/high tech for a sporting goods store

Daily Planet : January 28th 2013
Part 5 and 6
Posted via RS Mobile
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #3518
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Both fascinating and sad.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #3519
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
do swiffers work well on hardwood or laminate to just clean dust and dirt?
or do they leave lots of stuff behind. i have a microfiber sweeper but i dont like having to toss the thing in the wash after every use.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #3520
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
IMO dry swiffers work great on our hardwood floors for dust and misc particles. then the wet swiffer. if you don't try to pick up dust bunnies etc with a dry first and go straight to a wet, you'll get dirt rolls and they might not get picked up well.

FYI you can get cheap dry wipes at daiso for $2 a pack WAAAAAAY cheaper then swiffer's dry pack

if you track must in to the house you might be using some elbow grease to wet swiffer the dirt out.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #3521
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
do swiffers work well on hardwood or laminate to just clean dust and dirt?
or do they leave lots of stuff behind. i have a microfiber sweeper but i dont like having to toss the thing in the wash after every use.
I use this for the hardwood floors.......... or should I say, the wife. OK, I help clean the house once in a while (trying to be a modern Asian dude).

Bona Hardwood Floor Mop » Brooms/Dusters » Bed Bath & Beyond Video

EDIT: Actually, this link is better. Has video in it to show you how it works. I recall wifey telling me this is the only thing with a liquid cleaner that is safe on hardwood and laminate floors.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...?SKU=18424673&

Use 20% off flyer coupon you find in the local papers or any competitor's coupon (Home Outfitters). In fact, I think Home Outfitters carry the Bona for the same price, too.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 02-03-2013 at 07:39 PM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #3522
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloors View Post
Thanks for the responses guys!

Btw another question. Where is a good place to get a decent full interior clean?
Posted via RS Mobile
I had a good experience at Bashir's on Minoru a few years ago.
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #3523
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
yeah when i actually get the floors dirty with food or something, i get down on my hands and knees with a damp cloth and some apc.

for dust and dirt i track in from outside, i'll try some of your suggestions. thanks
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #3524
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #3525
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

The days of penny are over. In case you don't know whether to round up or round down, the govt has a chart explaining the rounding process

full article: Phasing out the penny
pure.life is offline   Reply With Quote