REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-20-2023, 10:11 PM   #17301
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,931 Times in 3,881 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
woah so those sitting ducks at BCIT are open season
When my dad went to BCIT back in the day apparently one of his classmates caught and ate one lol.
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2023, 01:47 AM   #17302
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,400 Posts
Best place to park downtown? Got wedding and dinner at Hotel Georgia, so probably staying downtown for several hours starting at 4.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 03:34 AM   #17303
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 8,790 Times in 3,166 Posts
Valet it at fairmont hotel Vancouver. You pay whatever you want. I usually give the guy 20 to 30 bucks and it works out cheaper than most lots. I believe the four seasons is the same as well

On weekends holt renfrew has a special for 14 bucks all day
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 05:39 AM   #17304
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,204 Times in 2,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Best place to park downtown? Got wedding and dinner at Hotel Georgia, so probably staying downtown for several hours starting at 4.
Not fancy like hobz I usually park at the lot under the law courts/UBC. Entrance right off Howe.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2023, 05:57 AM   #17305
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,527 Times in 4,316 Posts
Quote:
When is the wedding? Could there be reserved parking or special rates for guests at the hotel?

I think it looks peasant as fuck and to me this is a 3/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
^PICS DAMNIT!!!! ill eat the pate out of her banhmi anytime.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 06:10 AM   #17306
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,183 Times in 967 Posts
Quote:
Why not just valet it at the hotel? Last time I went there they parked my TSX out front next to an R8 and a Bentley. LOL.
Old 07-21-2023, 07:23 AM   #17307
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,512 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
When my dad went to BCIT back in the day apparently one of his classmates caught and ate one lol.
heard a similar story, wonder if your dad and his classmate were classmates of mine

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 07:46 AM   #17308
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,459 Times in 991 Posts
gross... i even find that store bought ducks taste fishy, even from reputable farms like fraser valley. tried to cook it a few times and it didnt taste appetizing. im sure westopher would have better insight about this.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 07:55 AM   #17309
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,696 Posts
The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread

-gonna be a busy weekend of traffic delays for fans of Taylor Swift and the Blue Jays in Washington state haha:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2023, 10:40 AM   #17310
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,517 Times in 5,138 Posts
That OF teacher that got fired is in a new…. ‘Music’ video… that couldn’t possibly be more cringe.

I don’t feel bad for her anymore lol
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 11:02 AM   #17311

Wowowowow so much plastic.
Old 07-21-2023, 11:04 AM   #17312
in the butt

Thanked 3,238 Times in 1,187 Posts
Are those bolt-ons?

I would also like to be her only-faaaaaan

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2023, 11:09 AM   #17313
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,459 Times in 991 Posts
anyone else notice how much extended medical practitioners are charging these days? i still see some that are reasonable, like $110-120/hr for an RMT, but some are charging like $180/hr now? i know most ppl have benefits that pay for this, but when your benefits cover like $500 for each type of practitioner, $500 wouldn't even get you three 1hr massages anymore.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 12:00 PM   #17314
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,608 Times in 1,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Trudeau made a promise to remove all fish farms out of our waters. Pretty important stuff. Justin needs to be more like his father and fight for our environment. Pierre enjoyed the outdoors. Loved being out on the water and its wildlife. He'd be so pissed off at his son right now The longer the open pen farms are out there, the more damage to the wild stocks. .

https://www.safesalmon.ca/call_the_p...eid=f391d3c7d9
He won't do shit. Companies like Grieg Seafood lobby and employ quite a number of people in places like Campbell River and Gold River, his feckless ass won't stop a thing.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 12:08 PM   #17315
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,295 Times in 1,975 Posts
https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/g...ess-by-choice/

Any RS'ers in this camp?
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 12:26 PM   #17316
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,393 Times in 5,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
anyone else notice how much extended medical practitioners are charging these days? i still see some that are reasonable, like $110-120/hr for an RMT, but some are charging like $180/hr now? i know most ppl have benefits that pay for this, but when your benefits cover like $500 for each type of practitioner, $500 wouldn't even get you three 1hr massages anymore.
I pay $130 an hour, my benefits cover up to $1800 in RMT alone though and it’s 100% reimbursement

I’ve been to 2-3 massage places in the last 5-6 years and I think they were all $130
Old 07-21-2023, 12:58 PM   #17317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I’ve been to 2-3 massage places in the last 5-6 years and I think they were all $130
quite the discount you got

Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
Are those bolt-ons?
thanks donk, now i have to friggin clean up my keyboard.
Old 07-21-2023, 01:07 PM   #17318
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,536 Times in 1,521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
I'm 26 in a few weeks. I know women are going to ask me this question frequently on dates. It's not a simple answer. It depends on if we can afford it AND provide the child with a childhood that doesn't show struggle. As I reference previously, I grew up in BC Housing and for a decent part of my childhood we got our groceries at the food bank. I don't tend to celebrate holidays or my birthday, but I think that's because growing up, we didn't have money to celebrate it. For Christmas, we'd go to the Richmond Christmas Fund. We never did dinners or have people over, because once again, we couldn't afford it. I don't want my kids to experience that, so the only way I would be willing to have kids is if I can guarantee that they won't have to live a childhood of feeling like we're too poor to live / feeling like a waste of space because the family doesn't have enough money so as a child I feel like a parasite.

AND on the other token, I don't know how I can be delicate around a child. Most of my peers, professionally and personally, know that I don't beat around the bush and I tell it how it is.

Today, I had an employee make a complaint because someone (probably me) hurt his feelings (LOL). Two days ago, I told him, "hey I appreciate your hard work but I found these mistakes, can you please be more mindful of it." He did seem like he took it a little too personally so I gave him some space, but I checked in on him at the end of the day and apologized if I was too harsh. He said that he's fine it's just the project that's stressful but "you're all good".

Anyway, point being is that, I don't have the patience to tip toe around someone in their mid-30s let alone a real child lol.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2023, 01:08 PM   #17319
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
Speaking of benefits, it's quite an area for abuse. I had to get a CPAP machine, and the place (Mainland Sleep) I did my sleep study wanted $2500 for a CPAP kit. My shit extended insurance only covered $1000. They were able to bring the price down to $1800, but that still meant paying $800 out of pocket.

I was able to get 100% covered by checking out a different places, and ended up getting the exact same setup for a fraction of the cost. Shop around!
Old 07-21-2023, 01:19 PM   #17320
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,393 Times in 5,667 Posts
36 year old my wife is 37, no kids for us ever was pretty clear from the beginning.

Among our friend group we might be a couple that could most afford it and even then I feel like we would be pretty miserable if we did have a kid with our finances so can’t imagine how stressful it is to be scraping by and trying to support a kid(s)
Old 07-21-2023, 01:38 PM   #17321
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Yah, the Avian flu hit the duck market ... the prices went sky high. ~$50 per duck at the avg BBQ shop! Even without that ... I agree. Went to a fancy one on West Broadway a few yrs ago and it was like >$100 and I thought it wasn't worth it at that price.
Naw don't fall for their bs, the price of their salty duck and soy sauce duck didn't go up at all, not even their raw duck, only their bbq duck went up

It's just like their bs with lychees trying to charge $40+/kg finally ppl smartened up and wouldn't buy it and suddenly the price gets dropped down to normal again
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2023, 01:40 PM   #17322
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,914 Posts
But even at Superstore, I used to be able to get a frozen duck for like $18 on sale ... now it's like $25-30!
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2023, 01:46 PM   #17323
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
I'm 26 in a few weeks. I know women are going to ask me this question frequently on dates. It's not a simple answer. It depends on if we can afford it AND provide the child with a childhood that doesn't show struggle. As I reference previously, I grew up in BC Housing and for a decent part of my childhood we got our groceries at the food bank. I don't tend to celebrate holidays or my birthday, but I think that's because growing up, we didn't have money to celebrate it. For Christmas, we'd go to the Richmond Christmas Fund. We never did dinners or have people over, because once again, we couldn't afford it. I don't want my kids to experience that, so the only way I would be willing to have kids is if I can guarantee that they won't have to live a childhood of feeling like we're too poor to live / feeling like a waste of space because the family doesn't have enough money so as a child I feel like a parasite.

AND on the other token, I don't know how I can be delicate around a child. Most of my peers, professionally and personally, know that I don't beat around the bush and I tell it how it is.

Today, I had an employee make a complaint because someone (probably me) hurt his feelings (LOL). Two days ago, I told him, "hey I appreciate your hard work but I found these mistakes, can you please be more mindful of it." He did seem like he took it a little too personally so I gave him some space, but I checked in on him at the end of the day and apologized if I was too harsh. He said that he's fine it's just the project that's stressful but "you're all good".

Anyway, point being is that, I don't have the patience to tip toe around someone in their mid-30s let alone a real child lol.
I'm not a parent, but your concern with all these factors gives me the impression you'll be great as a father (if you choose to be one). Maybe your concerns will ease up when you move farther in your career + seeing your friends get married with their own kids.
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2023, 02:27 PM   #17324
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,083 Times in 1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Spoiler!

I wish more people think about this before deciding to have kids...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-21-2023, 02:35 PM   #17325
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,517 Times in 5,138 Posts
My main block with kids is that almost everyone I know who has one is miserable as fuck about it, but try to convince themselves that they're not because it was the "right thing to do" and they're so "rewarding" sometimes. There are exceptions to this of course, even people I know on RS (Great68 comes to mind) who are pleased as punch with a kid... but they're very much the minority. I'm scared as fuck of ending up trapped in something that is miserable and then there's basically no way out at that point.

I can see that it's both good and bad as experienced through my niece and nephew. Sometimes they're so rewarding to be around and others it's like you wish you could throw them out a window.

Part of the problem is competing with other stupid parents... and that kids are spoiled and have to be "in" everything now. My sister spends SO MUCH time getting her kids into every program imaginable because you're a bad mom if you don't.

I don't think this should surprise anyone though, each generation is getting more and more selfish / self-centred and more "It's my one and only life and I'm going to enjoy it" which I also totally understand from a certain perspective, so it only makes sense that self-sacrifice for others (which is pretty much what being a parent is all about) is on the decline bigtime.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: