REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-10-2023, 05:52 AM   #17076
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,720 Times in 3,139 Posts
WHOEVER WEARS THAT AWESOME S&M get'up needs to input (looking at you mr sexy avatar ramon). Now maybe HEHE dawns that in his own home, at night, with a candle burning... if thats the case, GET IN THERE!!!!
Advertisement
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 06:40 AM   #17077

SETTLE THIS DEBATE between me and an old white lady

Gents, as you know, the rich ass port wankers are on strike and this leads me to 1) twiddle my thumbs all day long 2) thinking of hanging myself instead of dealing with the fallout of all these delays 3) changing my ching long ling long name and rebranding as Buttfuck Mcgee and forcing them to print me a business card with said name.

So i says to Mable (my secretary) i says,

HEY MABLE; Why arent there more Asian dudes with white chicks?

Her being an old crow of a white lady, with hunch back + tits down to her knees responded

When i was your age (back in the great depression era or some shit) that was even more rare. I guess its because Asian men lacks that big dick energy that white women are attracted to. I blew an asian guy once and all he did was repeatedly thank me. it was such a turn off.

So that got me thinking (after readily thanking her); are we Asian males slapped with this stereotype that we aren't "alpha" enough? Is that why there seems to be this disconnect? Im an old fucking man so i dont know how dem kids do it nowadays, but walking around downtown you hardly see asian dude + white girl. You see A LOT of 68style types... I MEAN A LOT.... like fuck you guy.... its getting outta hand kind of lot.

This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-10-2023, 07:01 AM   #17078
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
I'm surprised an old lady knew the term Big Dick Energy.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2023, 07:11 AM   #17079
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
SETTLE THIS DEBATE between me and an old white lady

Gents, as you know, the rich ass port wankers are on strike and this leads me to 1) twiddle my thumbs all day long 2) thinking of hanging myself instead of dealing with the fallout of all these delays 3) changing my ching long ling long name and rebranding as Buttfuck Mcgee and forcing them to print me a business card with said name.

Her being an old crow of a white lady, with hunch back + tits down to her knees responded

When i was your age (back in the great depression era or some shit) that was even more rare. I guess its because Asian men lacks that big dick energy that white women are attracted to. I blew an asian guy once and all he did was repeatedly thank me. it was such a turn off.

So that got me thinking (after readily thanking her); are we Asian males slapped with this stereotype that we aren't "alpha" enough? Is that why there seems to be this disconnect? Im an old fucking man so i dont know how dem kids do it nowadays, but walking around downtown you hardly see asian dude + white girl. You see A LOT of 68style types... I MEAN A LOT.... like fuck you guy.... its getting outta hand kind of lot.

Old 07-10-2023, 07:27 AM   #17080

Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,911 Posts
Quote:

Did you offer her a chance to change her views?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2023, 07:45 AM   #17081

Shes not a hot granny.

But amazingly shes pretty with it. She can use MS office like a gen z'er and she watches youtube daily. I walk by her desk and all i hear is her watching youtube/podcasts.

For somebody born in the late 1940's shes insanely capable.
Old 07-10-2023, 08:12 AM   #17082

Thanked 4,013 Times in 1,911 Posts
It's not the hotness or not ... it's your moral duty to change her distorted view. C'mon bruh, take one for the team.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2023, 08:40 AM   #17083
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
Close your eyes, a hole is a hole.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 09:37 AM   #17084
in the butt

Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Close your eyes, a hole is a hole.
This isn't Bangla Road or Davie St......

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2023, 10:16 AM   #17085
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,171 Times in 961 Posts
Quote:

Isn't being "alpha" just one step away from being toxic? I look around at the male leaders that are well regarded now (Buffett, Satya Nadella, Jeff Bezos, Tim Cook etc) and most are not known for being alpha. Most are kind and empathetic if anything.

FWIW, I dated a (nerdy) white girl in high school (early 90s) and I remember the immigrant dudes would stop me and ask me how I did it and what they had to do to get with a white girl. Some of the immigrant girls would be extra nice to me as well despite me being a total awkward nerd - it wasn't alpha-ness that got me the white girl (or my brother who married a white girl).
Old 07-10-2023, 10:26 AM   #17086

I dont know what being Alpha even means nowadays. I tried fort night? fortnite? fork knife? and some kids called me a boomer and told me to suck bags of dicks. The kids all sounded like mice being pushed through a sausage maker, but i guess they are pretty alpha.
Old 07-10-2023, 10:27 AM   #17087
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,509 Times in 4,311 Posts
When a guy like 68style looks like Matt Damon, all girls will flock to him naturally

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 10:36 AM   #17088

^fuck that guy. just like EvoFire's car. ITS BULLSHIT.

*still salty that asian bitch made a B-line towards 69style*
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2023, 07:06 AM   #17089
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
12/2 doesn't hurt because newer machines are starting to demand it? Or it's new code? I have enough 14/2 on hand but not 12/2, so if 95% of the machines that I might buy can use 14/2, then I'd rather use that.
No, it's not code to require a 20A 12/2 circuit for a washing machine. I don't know of any washing machines that use the full 20A.

I just mentioned that if you had the capability to install it, more headroom is always a bit better for minimal extra cost. But if you already have the 14/2 wire you'll be just fine with that.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2023, 08:07 AM   #17090
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
I ended up finding some 12/2, but I should save it for 20A kitchen plugs. Pretty sure I don't have enough for kitchen + washer, especially considering I need 2 separate circuits for the kitchen plugs.
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 11:06 AM   #17091
I STILL don't get it

If blue car arrived at the stop sign first and then both the blue and orange car ends up waiting a long time for traffic to clear, which car has the right of way?

ssjGoku69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 11:13 AM   #17092
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Should be the orange car in this case, because the car going straight has right of way over someone turning left at the same intersection.
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2023, 11:17 AM   #17093

Our old RCMP friend Skidmark who used to mod the RCMP forum ran this blog, and this scenario is described in here:

https://www.drivesmartbc.ca/intersec...y-two-way-stop

This is the actual answer out of the ICBC driving book:

Quote:
two-way stops — if two streets intersect and only one of the streets has stop signs, then the other street is a through street. Traffic on the through street has the right-of-way. If you are stopped at one of these types of intersections, wait until there is a safe gap before going through or turning. If two vehicles are stopped at a two-way stop and one of the drivers wants to turn left, this driver must yield the right-of-way to the other vehicle. The only exception is if the left-turning vehicle is already in the intersection and has started to make the turn. In this case, the other vehicle must yield.
Radeonboy is correct... unless... Blue car manages to boot it out into the middle of the intersection before orange car moves, in which case orange car must yield.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Last edited by Great68; 07-12-2023 at 11:22 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2023, 12:07 PM   #17094
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjGoku69 View Post
If blue car arrived at the stop sign first and then both the blue and orange car ends up waiting a long time for traffic to clear, which car has the right of way?
Wait is irrelevant. Car going straight always has priority over something making a left turn.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2023, 12:12 PM   #17095
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,045 Times in 2,078 Posts
I was taught that if you were stopped first you could make a left before someone who had arrived across the street afterward. Guess pops was wrong. Woops.

That is kinda f’ed though. Someone could be waiting forever to make a left if there was a mass exodus of vehicles leaving a neighborhood during the morning rush, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 12:21 PM   #17096
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
I was taught that if you were stopped first you could make a left before someone who had arrived across the street afterward. Guess pops was wrong. Woops.

That is kinda f’ed though. Someone could be waiting forever to make a left if there was a mass exodus of vehicles leaving a neighborhood during the morning rush, for example.
Your pops is right tho. If you arrive first, you can make the left since the person going straight should be stopping before proceeding through the intersection.

The situation in the picture is if they both stop at the same time.

EDIT: Oops, got posts mixed up. Left turn arrives first, straight arrives second, they wait. Yeah, I still stand by straight having right of way and should always go first - that's how I've always done it. Only exception is all way stops.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 12:26 PM   #17097
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
In that situation if there was a line of cars going straight and you're the blue car trying to go left there's no way I'm waiting for the whole line to clear before I go. Chances are once your out there with your signal on the next car will let you go anyways.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2023, 12:47 PM   #17098
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,045 Times in 2,078 Posts
If the cars arrive at the same time, then left turn waits. If I’m turning left and I get there first, I’m going first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 01:08 PM   #17099
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

From experience, most people that arrive on the other side after me will let me turn. If not, then the person behind that car will let me through.
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2023, 01:39 PM   #17100

I think if a collision would happen, ICBC would look at the damage and judge it like this:

Orange car has damage on driver's side (frontal damage on blue car): Blue car fault (should have waited for orange car to clear intersection)

Blue car has impact damage on passenger's side (frontal damage on orange car): Orange car fault (should have yielded to blue car to clear intersection)
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4