REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-08-2024, 08:29 PM   #19501
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,045 Times in 2,078 Posts
Tiger left Nike Golf and the new rumour makes Badhobz hard af.

Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 10:34 PM   #19502
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,510 Times in 4,312 Posts
Thank x over 9000

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 05:17 AM   #19503
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,720 Times in 3,139 Posts
Good old tiger uppercut. He tiger kneed his way to the top, banged some hot blonde bimbo and now he’s Kirklanding it like bic bawsss

Total tiger destruction
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:32 AM   #19504
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,457 Times in 5,116 Posts
LOL so we hired a student here at my office twice a week... it's his first actual job... to do menial stuff nobody want to do like data entry and obviously they're bored as shit I keep hearing him taking all these calls where it's like he's doing tech support? Not related to what we do in any way... so I go by his desk being nosy to see what's up and he's got his personal laptop here like a full out gaming laptop open playing LoL and watching strategy videos.

Anyway, I ask him what's up and he doesn't even react like "Oh no I'm busted" and slam his laptop shut or anything... just turns like it's all totally normal and is like "Hey not much" and I was like "Seems like a lot is going on" and gesture to his laptop and stuff and he's like "Oh yah you know just gaming and doing some other stuff to make money"

I was like... "Dude... I'm not gonna be the old guy who hammers on you and I certainly aint gonna say anything to management, but that's not really how ish works here" and he was like "What do you mean?" and I was like... "Well... most employers including the manager here... they aren't gonna be down with anyone playing games and especially at this place if you're working another job you gotta report it, part of the security clearance etc." and he was SO CONFUSED... like to him he is just like well why shouldn't I do whatever I want if there's nothing for me to do right this moment.

Hilarious. I love Gen Z kids.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:45 AM   #19505

Fuck him up !!! Send him back to pottery class. Us old geezers are doing real work here (side window permanently on RS)
Old 01-09-2024, 11:19 AM   #19506
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,822 Times in 2,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
LOL so we hired a student here at my office twice a week... it's his first actual job... to do menial stuff nobody want to do like data entry and obviously they're bored as shit I keep hearing him taking all these calls where it's like he's doing tech support? Not related to what we do in any way... so I go by his desk being nosy to see what's up and he's got his personal laptop here like a full out gaming laptop open playing LoL and watching strategy videos.

Anyway, I ask him what's up and he doesn't even react like "Oh no I'm busted" and slam his laptop shut or anything... just turns like it's all totally normal and is like "Hey not much" and I was like "Seems like a lot is going on" and gesture to his laptop and stuff and he's like "Oh yah you know just gaming and doing some other stuff to make money"

I was like... "Dude... I'm not gonna be the old guy who hammers on you and I certainly aint gonna say anything to management, but that's not really how ish works here" and he was like "What do you mean?" and I was like... "Well... most employers including the manager here... they aren't gonna be down with anyone playing games and especially at this place if you're working another job you gotta report it, part of the security clearance etc." and he was SO CONFUSED... like to him he is just like well why shouldn't I do whatever I want if there's nothing for me to do right this moment.

i'm picturing kid as ricky from trailer park boys telling you "it's no big deal"

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 11:46 AM   #19507
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Quote:
to him he is just like well why shouldn't I do whatever I want if there's nothing for me to do right this moment.

He has a point, but some kids aren't socially aware that you need to follow the corporate protocol to make it.

There's a shortage in people doing shitty jobs. We hire a few peeps to do packing and basic admin/emails and they usually leave netflix / podcasts on while they do their thing. Which imo doesn't really matter since the work is done anyways. Playing a full game of league is wild though.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 11:49 AM   #19508

yeah cuz league sucks. heroes of the storm is a better moba

if he was playing HOTS he would have gotten a pass from me (id then challenge him to a duel!!!!)
Old 01-09-2024, 11:52 AM   #19509
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
He has a point, but some kids aren't socially aware that you need to follow the corporate protocol to make it.

There's a shortage in people doing shitty jobs. We hire a few peeps to do packing and basic admin/emails and they usually leave netflix / podcasts on while they do their thing. Which imo doesn't really matter since the work is done anyways. Playing a full game of league is wild though.
We hired a junior and he was video game obsessed. He had twitch running on one screen while doing work on the other screen. I let it go for a bit, but finally had to approach him and told him it wasn't acceptable, especially since his work wasn't that great.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2024, 12:17 PM   #19510
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,027 Posts
I don't see a problem with netflix/podcasts as long as the work output is ok and they are getting their shit done. Now full on gaming is another story.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2024, 12:45 PM   #19511
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,510 Times in 4,312 Posts
We had a guy who automated his work and as a result, he got bored. Fast forward a few months later, he ends up being a photographer and does all his editing at work and started showing people his new found hobby/work.

A month later, he was given a warning by HR and the management team telling him he can't do personal work on company time and on company resources. This lead to his dismissal. He still, to this day, does not understand what he did wrong.

Edit: Said guy was at least in his late 30s.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2024, 12:55 PM   #19512
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,389 Times in 1,233 Posts
With WFH it's easier than ever to work 2, 3, even more jobs. Check out r/overemployed over on reddit. I have a feeling GenZ have no qualms about it at all they'll just take on as many jobs as they can no matter how much their quality of work suffers.

Heck I'd probably try it too if I didn't have so many meetings throughout the day/wasn't a lazy ass.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2024, 01:03 PM   #19513
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,822 Times in 2,506 Posts
i wonder how that works on a resume applying for jobs:

Interviewer: it says here you had 3 full time jobs at the same time, how's that possible?
guy: b/c i was at 1 job and doing 2 other jobs on the side

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 01:09 PM   #19514
linguistic ninja

Just put one job down, usually the more prestigious one. Or whichever will help with the new job you're gunning for.

Rarely do you take 2 jobs with exact same amount of responsibilities. It's usually your #1 job + your old job you can do on autopilot or a job that doesn't need as much face-to-face time.

Old 01-09-2024, 01:16 PM   #19515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
We hired a junior and he was video game obsessed. He had twitch running on one screen while doing work on the other screen. I let it go for a bit, but finally had to approach him and told him it wasn't acceptable, especially since his work wasn't that great.
If your work isn't great, then you're regarded for pulling that stuff.

But management also needs to know that when we're paying these folks $16 - 25/hour, it's hard for them to care. The best we can ask for is showing up and getting it done to an acceptable standard. The results of a wealthier nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
We had a guy who automated his work and as a result, he got bored..
That automation probably saved the company $40-100K, but too bad most employers don't value that. They'd want the automation recipe + assign you more work with no bonus. You could try spinning it for a promo but hardly works in your favour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
With WFH it's easier than ever to work 2, 3, even more jobs. Check out r/overemployed over on reddit. I have a feeling GenZ have no qualms about it at all they'll just take on as many jobs as they can no matter how much their quality of work suffers.

Heck I'd probably try it too if I didn't have so many meetings throughout the day/wasn't a lazy ass.
This is probably the quickest way to wealth. I have a few friends who does it and I dabbled on the work + contract side of things. It's insane, even if your day job isn't the highest paying, the moment you link 2 jobs together, suddenly you're making $120 - 240K/year. In addition, you have the freedom to push for bigger promotions without the fear of getting let go. This usually requires a combined 30 - 60 hours of actual / billable work, so most people this becomes a 40 - 100hour job, since most people can't focus on strategic and complex problems for that long.

I've seen this scale into $300-500K saved in 4 years while most people in their 20's struggle to save $100K, while living at home till 30 for downpayment. 2nd job = all XEQT/VFV and chill. They left their job and yolo'd a franchise.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]

Last edited by Gerbs; 01-09-2024 at 01:22 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2024, 02:22 PM   #19516

multiple jobs!? awwww, that sounds like so much work. Especially since these modern-day fucktards can't even do 1 normal job to par, how can you let down 3-4 multiple employers?
Old 01-09-2024, 02:24 PM   #19517
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,457 Times in 5,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
multiple jobs!? awwww, that sounds like so much work. Especially since these modern-day fucktards can't even do 1 normal job to par, how can you let down 3-4 multiple employers?
Middle East dudes been doing this foreva... except with wives not jobs
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2024, 02:27 PM   #19518
linguistic ninja

When you half-ass one job, you can still quarter-ass two jobs.

Old 01-09-2024, 02:32 PM   #19519

Quote:
3-4 is not possible imo, 2 is manageable.

Unless you're 1 FT + 2 contract on your own time. Pretty much only works for SWE + some finance and accounting positions.

Can't do it if you're presenting and in meetings all day. Needs to be either grunt work or strategy/initiatives.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Old 01-09-2024, 03:32 PM   #19520

thats really grinding hard and even at 200k a year you still wont be able to buy your average vancouver detached home unless you can magically save up 200-300k for the downpayment. Thats doing buddy guy shit like living with 10 other dudes, and eating absolute trash for 10 years while hoping the price of homes dont keep going up.

its hopeless for these kids. if i was 20 years old right id be playing league of legends at work too and fucking off because what's the point. Ill be tethered to mom and dad forever and ill never be able to afford jack shit.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2024, 06:00 PM   #19521
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,027 Posts
I had been thinking of the 2 job thing to make finances easier at home. At the end of the day it's too hard with two kids and still be a present dad so we'll just try to cut back on spending instead. I can potentially squeeze out another 80-100k but at the expense of my life expectancy.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2024, 07:18 PM   #19522
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
That's exactly how you do it. The older I get the more I realize that a lot of people aren't actually very good at their jobs. So if you are good at your job you can do the same amount of work as most other people in a lot less time. Figure out some shortcuts and automate a few things and now you're getting your job done in way less time than you're expected to take. Be smart about it and away you go. Especially if it's for one of those companies offering garbage pay for their experience requirements, they're not going to be attracting top talent.

At my last job I was able to find all kinds of ways to do some things in a fraction of the time it was taking my coworkers to do them. I made one spreadsheet that could automatically do something in 5 minutes that someone else was doing manually for 4 hours. My wife did the same at hers. If we really wanted to we could've gotten remote jobs for companies out east and juggled both no problem.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2024, 07:38 PM   #19523
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
thats really grinding hard and even at 200k a year you still wont be able to buy your average vancouver detached home unless you can magically save up 200-300k for the downpayment. Thats doing buddy guy shit like living with 10 other dudes, and eating absolute trash for 10 years while hoping the price of homes dont keep going up.

its hopeless for these kids. if i was 20 years old right id be playing league of legends at work too and fucking off because what's the point. Ill be tethered to mom and dad forever and ill never be able to afford jack shit.
That's the mentality these days of this young generation. "Well I don't make enough or can't afford anything anyways, why work hard". It's that mental behavior that fucks them over where they choose to do jack all.

Like to me, I'll think of other ways to get to that goal. Whether work 2 or 3 jobs, rob a fucking bank, find a loaded husband/wife or whatever. At least your thinking outside the box to become resourceful, rather that shitty mindset to not do anything.

Everyday I see the news people bitching about affordability, like do you think getting a few bucks pay increase going to make a difference LOL. A few weeks ago before Christmas I was at Safeway self check-out, and the self check out lady was bitching how she can't afford jack, and it would be nice if Safeway paid her $26/hour (she wasn't expecting to be paid $50/hr). In my mind, sure Safeway can pay you $26/hour, turns around jacks up all the consumer goods to compensate the increase in labour cost. In the end, your $26/hr now is still what it was before LOL. Then your going to want $30/hour, it's just endless cycle.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2024, 07:56 PM   #19524

Yes no easy answers for sure. The only thing I’ve done to contribute to society is to not create any more copies of me. One of me is enough burden to this planet and society.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2024, 08:44 PM   #19525
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,308 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
I had been thinking of the 2 job thing to make finances easier at home. At the end of the day it's too hard with two kids and still be a present dad so we'll just try to cut back on spending instead. I can potentially squeeze out another 80-100k but at the expense of my life expectancy.
Here in Canada, is there really that much point to take on additional jobs for an extra $80 - $100k? Unless it is some sort of cash gigs -- but what kind of legit cash gigs can pay you that much? -- you're splitting a good chunk of that with the provincial and federal governments -- above the $150k mark, I think the fed tax rate is 26 - 29%, and the BC rate is ~15%. So magically that extra $100k you get only becomes $55k.

For it to be worth your while, it's gotta be something where you can legally dodge the tax man's extortion.

Quote:
I'm really rather amused by this because my manager catches me surfing the web and doing other non-work stuff online all the time -- including reading and posting stuff on RS, of course. My shameless old fart self doesn't even feel the tiniest amount of guilt LOL~ My manager also rarely gives me shxt for this sort of thing either because I've been working for her for a long time, and she knows that:

A) I won't abuse the system if stuff needs to get done, and
B) my old fart a$$ isn't gonna change my habits anyway

But the point is -- when stuff needs to get done, I better be on top of it, and she better not hear any complains from our clients.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote