REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-18-2023, 11:33 AM   #19251
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,965 Times in 3,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Nothing better when you let a Chinese driver merge into your lane, or merge in front in general, and they proceed to not give you a single look of acknowledgement or thank you, then proceed to drive 20KMs below speed limit now in front of you.
The one that happens to me a lot is where I'm driving along and there's nobody in sight behind me, someone will punch it to pull out in front and cut me off, then proceed to drive below the limit. If they're not in a rush then just wait the 3 second to pull out behind me.
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2023, 12:20 PM   #19252
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,647 Times in 1,750 Posts
I hate this obsession with being the 1st person in their given lane when approaching a light, even when they plan to drive fucking slow up front anyways.

I notice people doing a lot more now in specifically in Vancouver. People doing the above, but while they're at a complete stop in their lane, meanwhile vehicles are still approaching the stop in the lane beside them, and they attempt to make a lane change to get that "first spot" from a complete standstill.

That shit is becoming fucking stressful, I always feel on edge when I'm approaching a red light with no one in front of me, expecting some asshole who decides in their own infinite wisdom to suddenly change lanes while fully stopped in their lane just to nab that front light spot in the adjacent, while I'm approaching.

It's such a stupid maneuver for literally no gain or benefit.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 01:03 PM   #19253

Sounds like you just don't have the mindset of a true winner. Second is the first of the losers. You've got to win, to win.

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2023, 01:20 PM   #19254

Thanked 3,255 Times in 1,229 Posts
Quote:
I hate this obsession with being the 1st person in their given lane when approaching a light, even when they plan to drive fucking slow up front anyways.

I notice people doing a lot more now in specifically in Vancouver. People doing the above, but while they're at a complete stop in their lane, meanwhile vehicles are still approaching the stop in the lane beside them, and they attempt to make a lane change to get that "first spot" from a complete standstill.

That shit is becoming fucking stressful, I always feel on edge when I'm approaching a red light with no one in front of me, expecting some asshole who decides in their own infinite wisdom to suddenly change lanes while fully stopped in their lane just to nab that front light spot in the adjacent, while I'm approaching.

I've been driving so long now I can sometimes tell just based on a couple of minutes of seeing someone's driving behavior on what kind of stupid shit they are going to do. I swear I see it coming before they even know they are going to do it lol but asshole tendencies are easy to see coming.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 02:44 PM   #19255
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I've been driving so long now I can sometimes tell just based on a couple of minutes of seeing someone's driving behavior on what kind of stupid shit they are going to do. I swear I see it coming before they even know they are going to do it lol but asshole tendencies are easy to see coming.
There's preactions that happen and you can tell from the language of the car, the car model helps the prediction too.

Wife's gotten onboard with calling the Teslas and Camrollas out for bad drivers, also all the uber stickers.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 02:52 PM   #19256
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,856 Times in 8,216 Posts
Quote:

omg I haven't driven in Vancouver in like 20 years, but this just brought all those memories right back to the front of my mind. So fucking annoying man
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2023, 05:57 PM   #19257
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,157 Times in 390 Posts
The latest thing triggering me while I'm driving are the folks that leave +2 car lengths in front of them at a light. I'm not talking about 2nd car hanging back to trigger the advance green, but stopping going straight.
I think it lines up with ICBC supposedly finding someone in the middle of a chain rear-end crash liable for not leaving enough room to the car in front when someone was going +80 and hit them. So now they stop all the time expecting Speed Racer to hit them.
In my view, it's exacerbating the traffic gridlock with all the vehicles on the road now.
Is just leaving enough room to see the rear tires of the car in front of you not a thing anymore?
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2023, 07:56 PM   #19258
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,045 Posts
^ Honk. Some one said Vancouver honks a lot, yeah cause it's full of retards. The idiots need to know when they are doing something stupid.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 08:06 PM   #19259
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,202 Times in 7,174 Posts
The problem with that is if they are that fucking stupid they will never put it together that they are doing something stupid. Flash your brights, honk, yell, usually the only reaction is to stare straight ahead and have no idea what's happening, or they start road raging.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2023, 08:25 PM   #19260
RabidMod

Thanked 1,119 Times in 409 Posts
While we're on a roll: it grinds my gears when it's dark out, I'm at an intersection, and I'm face to face with someone who's obliviously left their high beams on. I flash my high beams, no response. I turn on and leave on my high beams, no response. Then I sit there epilepsically jamming on my brights, and still no response: they notice nothing.

Why would anyone even want to be first at an intersection and risk coming face to face with bozos like this?
Old 12-18-2023, 09:47 PM   #19261

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
While we're on a roll: it grinds my gears when it's dark out, I'm at an intersection, and I'm face to face with someone who's obliviously left their high beams on. I flash my high beams, no response. I turn on and leave on my high beams, no response. Then I sit there epilepsically jamming on my brights, and still no response: they notice nothing.

Why would anyone even want to be first at an tersection and risk coming face to face with bozos like this?
They don't, so we end up with things like this:
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2023, 10:55 PM   #19262
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,552 Times in 845 Posts
Quote:

Why would anyone even want to be first at an intersection and risk coming face to face with bozos like this?
"The blue lamp isn't telling me my headlights are on???"
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2023, 11:05 PM   #19263

Thanked 1,157 Times in 390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
^ Honk. Some one said Vancouver honks a lot, yeah cause it's full of retards. The idiots need to know when they are doing something stupid.
I do. A couple times when I'm in the lane beside them I've pulled into the dead space. I'm usually in my Odyssey so I'm about the size of a Tahoe. That should tell you how much space they've transferred from between their ears to the road.

Quote:

I've said this before in other threads, some of the blame goes to the auto manufacturers for Auto Everything Controls and the lack of indicators to know when things are on.

My '23 Odyssey has auto High Beams, that I've turned off, but you know what turns the feature back on? USING THE HIGH BEAMS to flash at the guy across the intersection that has their high beams on. So now i have to try to remember how to flash my high beams to turn off the auto beams. I'll wait till I'm in my driveway to do it. but there's been a few times late at night when it'll kick in because there's no oncoming traffic for a couple hundred metres.

Last edited by Mikoyan; 12-18-2023 at 11:14 PM.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2023, 07:27 AM   #19264
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,471 Times in 996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
The latest thing triggering me while I'm driving are the folks that leave +2 car lengths in front of them at a light. I'm not talking about 2nd car hanging back to trigger the advance green, but stopping going straight.
I think it lines up with ICBC supposedly finding someone in the middle of a chain rear-end crash liable for not leaving enough room to the car in front when someone was going +80 and hit them. So now they stop all the time expecting Speed Racer to hit them.
In my view, it's exacerbating the traffic gridlock with all the vehicles on the road now.
Is just leaving enough room to see the rear tires of the car in front of you not a thing anymore?
not exactly the same but one time the guy at the front was so far off the sensor that a guy came out of his house to yell at him lol.

i was about 7th in line and was kinda zoned out listening to the radio so it took me a while to realize that we hadn't moved in like 3 minutes. i looked behind me and i saw an endless line of cars had formed and i started to realize something was wrong. i waited for another minute or so and then i see a guy come out of his house who lived at the corner of the intersection walk with an incredulous look on his face as he hit the crosswalk button. he looks at the guy in the front and goes "are you fucking retarded?? do you not know how a sensor works? MOVE UP". the driver was like 2 full car lengths behind the stop line. i can't remember all the things he said to him but he went off on the guy for a bit lol. well deserved.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2023, 07:36 AM   #19265
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,623 Times in 5,179 Posts
Quote:

9/10 times for some reason with high beams, it's a Civic... they must be super easy to activate or something. It's crazy how many times it's a Civic.

Also Teslas have fucking brutal light patterns for oncoming traffic, they constantly look like their brights are on from a distance.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2023, 08:08 AM   #19266
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 8,837 Times in 3,186 Posts
i had the same problem with the previous generation corolla. It always looked like it had high beams on.

Weirdly i dont see much of those on the road anymore.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 08:20 AM   #19267
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,592 Times in 4,340 Posts
at least you guys have high beams.

One of my headlight bulbs failed last night. I expect the other to also fail soon. Time to buy a Toyota Crown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
^PICS DAMNIT!!!! ill eat the pate out of her banhmi anytime.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2023, 08:30 AM   #19268

Quote:

That's the one time I'll flip on my roof lights too. If they're going to ignore my high beam blipping then fuck you, here's a collapsed sun too.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2023, 09:08 AM   #19269
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,427 Times in 921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Just got back from Hawaii, heard maybe 1-2 honks and it was a courtesy honk. Didn't realize how much people honk in NA.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2023, 09:13 AM   #19270
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,623 Times in 5,179 Posts
You don't honk in the USA because everyone's got a fuckin gun man lol... unless it's New York City downtown, then it's just weird if you don't honk
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2023, 09:16 AM   #19271
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,471 Times in 996 Posts
go to india, honking is just the background sound effect in life there.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2023, 11:16 AM   #19272
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,049 Times in 2,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
9/10 times for some reason with high beams, it's a Civic... they must be super easy to activate or something. It's crazy how many times it's a Civic.
People flash their high beams at me in the accord all of the time when mine aren’t on so perhaps it is a Honda thing that they just appear to be on? Always a bit of fun to high beam them back and make them feel silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 11:19 AM   #19273

then you probably need to align your headlights
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-19-2023, 11:27 AM   #19274
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,243 Times in 1,414 Posts
I think it's his blinker fluid
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2023, 11:40 AM   #19275

LOL people honk too much here?

Say you haven't been to China without saying you haven't been to China

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: