REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Campus Forum

Campus Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The Student Life
School events, activities, rate your prof, students helping each other..

Old 09-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #2951
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
probably some overworked engineers trying to alleviate some stress

In other news, I just started reading Plato's Republic and good lord what am I doing with my life, I'm not going to make it through this book...
Advertisement
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #2952
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Dunno if you guys heard but UBC and Sauder pulling funds for FROSH. In other words no more first-year fun for them.
theevilslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #2953
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
i stole a glance at someone's newspaper on the train today and it read "sauder drops frosh"

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #2954
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Well they did stupid shits and it eventually caught up to them. Disband.
Posted via RS Mobile
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #2955
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
lmao about time

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #2956

Justice has been served
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Old 09-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #2957

Dean succumbed to pressure.....

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #2958
Treasure Chest MOD

anyone take psych 305a with sunaina assanand before?

hints as to how detailed her tests are? when she tests textbook material does she go to the nitty gritty details, or should i just focus on the bolded vocab and general facts?

all help is appreciated

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #2959

Two CUS execs resign, announce end to Frosh | The Ubyssey, UBC's official student newspaper

GG

Quote:
Commerce Undergraduate Society (CUS) President Enzo Woo and VP Engagement Gillian Ong have resigned in response to the rape chant controversy at the Sauder School of Business.

The two executives announced their resignation in a release posted this morning.

“As the leader of the CUS, I am deeply remorseful at what has transpired,” Woo said in the release. “It would be naive to think that these problems can be solved overnight, but we have an opportunity moving forward to institute a culture of recovery and acceptance. I hope that my resignation can serve as the crucial first step in this process and I can help heal the community that has been an enormous positive influence in my life.”

“I recognize that as a responsible student leader I must step down to allow the society to implement the changes that it needs to create a positive, inclusive environment for all students,” said Ong in the release.

The release also said the CUS will no longer host its independent FROSH event.

All CUS leaders will be required to take “anti-violence ally training,” run by the AMS Sexual Assault Support Centre.

This is a breaking story and will be updated as more information becomes available.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 09-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #2960
PRINCESS

Lol def gg
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #2961

GG. NOOBS. DISBAND.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #2962

Quote:
NEWS RELEASE
UBC Commerce Undergraduate Society takes steps to ensure student safety at future events

Vancouver, B.C. – September 11, 2013 – In light of recent events, the Commerce Undergraduate Society (CUS) of the University of British Columbia is taking decisive action to ensure the safety and comfort of all students at future CUS events. The CUS reasserts its commitment to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment for all students, following concerns raised over an inappropriate chant that was recited by students during a CUS-sponsored orientation session held on the weekend of August 31st.

In order to recognize their ultimate organizational responsibility and deep remorse for what has occurred, the President, Enzo Woo, and Vice-President Engagement, Gillian Ong, of the CUS have resigned from their respective positions, effective immediately.

Woo stated, “The performance of offensive chants at a CUS orientation event should never have occurred. The fact that it was a tradition neither excuses the CUS from its actions, nor in any way alleviates the gravity of this situation. As the leader of the CUS, I am deeply remorseful at what has transpired. It would be naïve to think that these problems can be solved overnight, but we have an opportunity moving forward to institute a culture of recovery and acceptance. I hope that my resignation can serve as the crucial first step in this process and I can help heal the community that has been an enormous positive influence in my life.”

Ong added, “In order to best aid in the rebuilding of our student community after these events, I recognize that as a responsible student leader I must step down to allow the society to implement the changes that it needs to create a positive, inclusive environment for all students.”

The CUS will also be ending its annual, independently-organized FROSH orientation event, and will be working with the Sauder School of Business to ensure any future orientation activities are planned and executed collaboratively following consultation and agreement with the Sauder and UBC administrations.

Moving forward, all student leaders involved with the CUS will be undergoing Anti-Violence Ally training facilitated by the Alma Mater Society’s Sexual Assault Support Centre (AMS SASC) to ensure such behaviour is never again perpetuated by members of our student society. The CUS will also be working with the UBC and Sauder administrations to offer joint educational initiatives that will allow all students to be participants in creating a comfortable and safe university environment. Finally, the CUS, AMS, and SASC will be engaging the wider community in an open roundtable discussion to reflect on the feelings of discomfort and anger these actions may have caused in order to jointly move forward in a more inclusive manner representative of our world-class institution.

For the past 70 years, the Commerce Undergraduate Society has played a pivotal role in shaping the future of Bachelor of Commerce students at the University of British Columbia’s Sauder School Business. The CUS is among the largest business school student societies in Canada, both in terms of its $1.2 million annual operating budget and its hundreds of student volunteers.

The CUS supports its members through services and clubs that assist in the personal, professional and academic success of its students. This includes offering tutoring services, social functions and large-scale conferences that offer insights into career opportunities along with networking opportunities with industry professionals.

For more information please contact:
publicrelations@cus.ca
UBC Commerce Undergraduate Society ? Commerce Undergraduate Society News Release

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 09-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #2963

They send too many fucking emails. You know what. They should host a press conference right at the fucking CA Hall and apologize to all the students who are and have been paying through their tits to attend this school.

Their chants are always gay as fuck. I remember my first year. H O T T O G O what the fuck is that shit. It was embarassing, we look like clowns when other faculties walked by.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #2964
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
HOTTOGO is actually quite a common chant for many business schools. But yeah, is gay as fuck.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #2965
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
anyone take psych 305a with sunaina assanand before?

hints as to how detailed her tests are? when she tests textbook material does she go to the nitty gritty details, or should i just focus on the bolded vocab and general facts?

all help is appreciated
anyone?

Old 09-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #2966
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

anyone know the admission average for ubc okanagan civil engineering?
A0091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #2967
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Engineers put soap into the new fountain and I see maybe 40 people standing around instagramming it at 9 am.

1 person playing with the bubbles. He knows whats good.
kcl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #2968
Need my Daily Fix of RS

^That was awesome.
theevilslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #2969

anybody working at the call centre here??

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 09-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #2970
Treasure Chest MOD

This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #2971

lol again...

Old 09-15-2013, 12:55 AM   #2972

Should put dish soap in the step fountain right below and kill all the stupid overgrown plants. It would have looked way better with no plant...
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #2973
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Should put dish soap in the step fountain right below and kill all the stupid overgrown plants. It would have looked way better with no plant...
Posted via RS Mobile
so they can take more money out of our pockets to replace them with more extravagant plants?

not a chance

Old 09-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #2974
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
ROFLMAO...seriously...

Outrage at UBC renewed as racist chant alleged | Vancouver 24 hrs
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #2975

Like I said. Disband.

Btw any1 went to the Truth and Reconciliation event at the PNE? I did for a Phil assignment. Some heavy stuffs...