REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #351
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Why is there never a bloody Wednesday?
Advertisement
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #352
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

What exactly are you providing to society as a futures trader? Do you provide a service or product? No your just part of the problem.

How do you compete with someone that makes 1$ a day in a place that only requires 10 cents a day to survive? You can't thats up to the law makers and people that determine duty/tax.

When you start handing out bail out money to failed companies which then takes the money and jobs, sends them overseas and what do you get? Aside from stuck with the bailout debt that is.

These protests let other people know that there is a problem, hopefully it wont be too late by the time they figure out the FED is the problem. From day 1 the movement should have been about ending the FED. Unfortunately people are only learning about what the cause of all the other problems are now.

The idea of barely getting by and being too busy working to care or see obvious problems down the road is exactly what the globalists are cashing in on. Keeping the poor poorer so they are too busy to rebel and make any real changes and eliminating the middle class is all part of the plan.

Blaming it on people too lazy to learn "new skills" doesn't address anything. You admit school is expensive and doesn't account for much, so where does that leave the jobless? The key is job creation not debt creation.

Since your so keen on "adapting" what can the rest of these jobless people do to adapt? Sit around trading fictional money all day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
yo man, we live in a competitive savage, kill or be killed world.

if something can be done for cheaper, or better or whatever, somewhere else, it will be done.

all empires rise and fall. just join the winning side.

there's no point trying to restore a rotting fruit. it's easier to grow a new one somewhere else.

you talk as if other nations are complete alien groups. no they're human. we're all human. we all live on earth. there are no "sides". migrate to where you prosper.
don't hold on to something that's dying, cut it off early and move on.

survival has no loyalty. not to your company, not you your nationality or country or anything... to some extremes people wont even stay loyal to friends or loved ones.

nothing lasts forever.

the only thing you should be loyal to is your species. you can do that from any (prospering) nation on this planet. if yours is dying, and you feel you have no way to survive, do something else, move somewhere else.

there's plenty of space open in the military. survival means changing your morales and values. adapt. in this world you need money. just make it from WHEREVER you can.

and last but not least, lol, don't rely on school for jack shit. the only thing it'll get you 100% guaranteed for sure is, a better understanding of whatever field you study, and a lot of debt. if you expect more from that, you'll be highly disappointed.

an education is just that, an education. it isnt supposed to get you anything else. that's up to you.

that's my take on this whole situation. the people protesting are either too lazy, don't have any other skills (and not willing to learn), and don't have any connections to anything outside their little circle. and they all probably over value their education by a hell of a lot.

who's fault is that? lol, it's their own. those skills to connections and to adapt are things that take life long to build. they took the wrong path. you take the wrong path, you suffer. they don't wanna do labour. they don't wanna scrub toilets. they dont wanna work at mcdonalds. if nothing is avaliable, you take what you can get, or you fucking die. they made a mistake somewhere in their life, now they're paying. they didnt question anything. they just followed the herd, and now the herd is going to be slaughtered and they're all complaining.

don't get me wrong, i hate banks, i hate giant financial institutions, i hate money.
i think our system is completely fucked. but you don't see me protesting.

i think killing is generally bad, i'm in the military.
i hate the financial system, i'm a futures trader.

why? because those 2 things ensure my survival right now. and i also know those 2 things won't go away, and are also things that will make me stronger, and make me more money in this world. fight fire with fire. it also gives you a hell of a lot more credibility when you fight against it, because you have a lot of it.

when you have nothing, you are nothing. you have no voice, and you have no power.

i don't have time to fight the system. maybe when im a billionaire and have plenty of power (money), and time on my hands.

only pick fights where you'll win.

these protests wont get anywhere unless they get violent (globally). and even then, the protesters are probably too disorganized and stupid to execute anything sustainable if they get their way.

you always have the choice of becoming a monk and giving up all attachments to everything you know and living in a monastery somewhere for the rest of your life. wouldn't that be the most right thing for everyone to do? no wars, no money, no greed, no attachments. just pure happiness? what's wrong with that? isnt it better than suffering in the lower class being poor as fuck? hah.

i love complaining, ive been complaining my whole life. let me tell you, it doesnt get you jack shit.
you want something, you go and you fucking take it.
you don't like something? you get rid of it.

talk is cheap right?

protesting is talk.

see that?

theres a reason their generation is named "the greatest generation"
living through 2 world wars and a great depression.

you didnt see them fucking protesting. they worked till they couldnt work anymore.
they would take any job offered to them.
gangsters/mobsters prospered during this time, and then those people prospered. why? they changed their morales and values to survive. they're willing to adapt.
if you aren't, well that's your problem. you morales and values that are set in stone are going to kill you.

someone that's willing to work, when you've given up, will prosper. that is life. survival of the fittest. losers die, winners live. life isnt fucking fair. the end.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #353
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
What exactly are you providing to society as a futures trader? Do you provide a service or product? No your just part of the problem.
Future contracts are needed because it helps business hedge and manage their risk in order to maintain stable a growth in their companies (for the most part). This decreases unemployment rate so me and you can have a job.

I agree traders make a bit too much money. But do we need them? Absolutely yes. And for the record, being a successful trader is not easy. If you can earn $100 million per yr for the bank, you deserve the $5 mill bonus.

And guys, US Fed does not just hand out money for the hell of it. Look what the collapse of just 2 investment banks did to our economy... And for the record, a portion of the LOANS (not free money) have been repaid by Goldman/MS/JP Morgan to the Fed.

Btw, a big reason why a bailout was absolutely necessary during the credit crisis was because of AIG, an insurance company. Think about if you have a house insurance and when there's an earthquake, your insurance company defaults.
fobulaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:37 AM   #354
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #355

Yes actually the fed does hand out money "just for the hell of it" why isn't there an audit of where the money went? The majority of it went to offshore tax havens for the ultra rich. Ontop of that if the debts were repaid why does the economy keep getting worse? Because giving those banks/investment firms the money was never the solution. You dont keep pumping money into "too big to fail" companies with tax payers money. Thats not how capitalism works.

When you know your going to get bailed out your going to take crazy risks/bets if you win hey great buy a new yatch. If you fail? You get more money to try again. How is that a sustainable working model? You clearly dont know enough about the topic.

Gerald Celente (30 years) Don Miller (15+ years) have had their futures accounts stolen from them they are vetern futures traders. If you think Madoff was big this mf global thing is going to be 100x bigger once it's fully exposed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fobulaus View Post
Future contracts are needed because it helps business hedge and manage their risk in order to maintain stable a growth in their companies (for the most part). This decreases unemployment rate so me and you can have a job.

I agree traders make a bit too much money. But do we need them? Absolutely yes. And for the record, being a successful trader is not easy. If you can earn $100 million per yr for the bank, you deserve the $5 mill bonus.

And guys, US Fed does not just hand out money for the hell of it. Look what the collapse of just 2 investment banks did to our economy... And for the record, a portion of the LOANS (not free money) have been repaid by Goldman/MS/JP Morgan to the Fed.

Btw, a big reason why a bailout was absolutely necessary during the credit crisis was because of AIG, an insurance company. Think about if you have a house insurance and when there's an earthquake, your insurance company defaults.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #356
Banned (ABWS)

Cops pepper spraying Occupy UC Davis students. The students are protesting against tuition hikes

SFUguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #357
Rs has made me the man i am today!

^^^^
That is really fucked up. The officer who ordered the cops to spray them should be fired

Roll That Shit, Light That Shit, Smoke That Shit!

Quote:
(told to me by the stupidest person in the world)...
'Yeah, i've been to taco time before, but i got in trouble...I had a Mexican girlfriend who wanted to go to a mexican restaurant for our anniversery, so i took her to Taco Time"
91LS-VTak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #358
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

^ the guy was actually suspended with pay for the time being, and no this is not a joke.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #359
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFUguy View Post
Cops pepper spraying Occupy UC Davis students. The students are protesting against tuition hikes

UC Davis Protestors Pepper Sprayed - YouTube
Ohh, and an update, the cops said they felt "threatened and had to defend themselves"

understandably, this video is causing a huge uproar worldwide.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #360
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Occupy is fucking retarded. Cops are even more retarded.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:17 AM   #361
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndude69 View Post
Ohh, and an update, the cops said they felt "threatened and had to defend themselves"

understandably, this video is causing a huge uproar worldwide.
Of course they did. The police said the same thing about a guy that didn't speak English wielding a stapler.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #362

Curling Up In a Ball to Avoid Police Violence May Be Considered “Active Resistance”

Police State Watch: Curling Up In a Ball to Avoid Police Violence May Be Considered “Active Resistance” … Justifying the Use of MORE FORCE, Including Baton Strikes - Washington's Blog
Old 12-06-2011, 10:09 PM   #363
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

Freedom of speech? It'll cost you over a week in jail. GO AMERICA!
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote