REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:19 PM   #26
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniaK View Post
I don't think making fun of him is the greatest idea. Sure maybe your brother took it and decided to change his lifestyle, but not everyone's going to react the same.
What if his brother takes it poorly and does the opposite? Like the OP said, he probably gets it enough from other people, doesn't need to hear that shit from his own brother.
Well depends on your relationship with your brother.Also maybe you can get him a game upon his improvement!

FOREVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:49 AM   #27

Ya I agree with some people saying that you should leave him alone. You telling him what he should do will possibly strain your relationship with your brother and your brothers insecurity will grow even more because now he is being pressured. Let him do it at his own pace.
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
If he's going to be left alone there could be a great risk, he might not decide to change his lifestyle soon enough.. You know I knew this kid in my highschool, he was like 250 lbs in the beggining of grade 8, he smelled like fish and rotting stuff, and he skipped school often. He said he was diagnosed with diabetes in grade 9, which sucks obviously. I didn't know him really well but I tried to make an influence in his life. In grade 11 he came to school once or twice a week, in grade 12 I never saw him. Every other kid made fun of him, and he was bullied emotionally I guess by seeing other people point fingers and laugh. With every day that you procrastinate, the situation gets worse, and it'll be too late to realize.
Posted via RS Mobile
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #29
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
Working out isn't gonna help him lose weight. He needs cardio.

Also, tell him girls don't like fat fucks.
Please do not give false information. Cardio will do shit all if he doesnt eat right.
And last time I checked, people still classify cardio as "working out"
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #30
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
Working out isn't gonna help him lose weight. He needs cardio.

Also, tell him girls don't like fat fucks.
you deserve the fails of a thousand fists
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #31
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
you deserve the fails of a thousand fists
I was gonna fail him for that too, raged when I saw no fail buttons

RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #32
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
Please do not give false information. Cardio will do shit all if he doesnt eat right.
And last time I checked, people still classify cardio as "working out"
No shit. But cardio is an essential component is he wants to lose weight.

And my bad...when "working out" is mentioned I think of weight training, not aerobics.

In my experience, weight training helps you gain muscle, and cardio helps you burn fat. Yes, diet is about 80% of the equation, but this thread is about exercise, not diet.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #33

no this thread is about helping OP's brother

working out is 100% diet and 100% exercise
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #34
Director of RS Cares

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I don't want to fail you, but SuperSize Me should never be shown to anyone, except as preparation to watching FatHead, so you know how wrong the first movie was.
LOL I really just took that title off the top of my head as I haven't seen many docus. But the idea was there. Thanks for not failing!
Old 10-07-2011, 05:16 AM   #35

If he isnt motivated theres really no point.. unless his friends are working out chances are hes not gonna start..thats what ive noticed. Takes one person to start working then everyone eventually falls in. Maybe you should make some good progress and he'll noticed and consider
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #36
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

He needs to find something he enjoys doing and wants to do, otherwise he will not stick to it and have no motivation for it.
Also, the best thing you can do, is be supportive and encouraging. If he feels like a failure and lacks motivation, anyone else pushing at him will have a negative response/outcome, than that of a positive reinforcing one.
Whether its getting back into sports or doing some other physical activity, he's gotta enjoy doing it.
civiccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #37
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
I thought Mindbomber's post was more than enough motivation for him to start working out. OP maybe if u really wanna help him out and go out of ur way to do it. Do physical activities that he enjoys. Not everyone likes working out, i absolutely hate working out but i love sports.

Or u could possibly buy some dumbells and put it in his room and u he can go from there. Like someone said, some people dont wanna goto the gym cause there afraid of looking stupid, or looking really weak. Or in my case i dont goto the gym cause it feels like a chore having to go drive to the gym and such. So i had a small little gym in my house so i could workout in. You have to make it really easy and really convenient for him to even consider working out or doing something physical
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:48 PM   #38
My homepage has been set to RS

Show him one of these threads or both
http://www.revscene.net/forums/48562...hread-nws.html
http://www.revscene.net/forums/50669...icks-nsfw.html

Then show him this

Tell him it applies to everything, give him a good talk.. try not to be negative but inspiring.

That video motivates me everytime.
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #39
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
how far into puberty is he? because if he grows, his body will start stretching and he will lose some weight... There will be a point where he will see this girl he's into and he'll be motivated enough to shapin up..
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:10 AM   #40

i'm pretty sure almost everyone at the age of 15 is over puberty unless you've got delayed puberty, but any results OP?
Old 10-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #41
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
no matter how or waht you say, if he doesn't have the willingness to do it, it just wont happen. My cousin is in the same page, and currently he doesnt give a dam even tho he says he does lol i once was in the same boat, gained A LOT of weight in 2 years, and one day i realized i dont like the way i look. And girls dont like the way i look either lol I realized i needed to change, not only to "get" girls, but to be happy with myself. And now im going to the gym 6 times a week (not the last 2 weeks, been having a hectic life atm) for the past 10 months or so and it's going great. The rewards i'm getting from changing my lifestyle is paying off and wouldn't change it for the world. Soon he'll realize what he wants. Does he want to change and be happier, or is he gonna lie to himself and say he's happy ? Nothing you can really do

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #42
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Hmmm well don't buy junk food, no juice, pop etc etc.... and try to have as much vegetables as possible and as little meat as possible for dinner.

Don't offer him rides to school make him walk.

I remember when I was 15 I have to walk to school and is like 40mins each way lol. That kept me pretty skinny. Sigh too bad I getting pretty fat these days. But try to control your bro's eating habit. I was able to lose 10lbs or so just by eating everyday.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote