REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Steve Jobs is dead (https://www.revscene.net/forums/654918-steve-jobs-dead.html)

N.V.M. 10-07-2011 05:43 AM

Thread Closed.

dangonay 10-07-2011 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7604855)
So basically you are saying Jobs should get more credit for Wozniak's accomplishments?

Troll harder. Where did I mention Wozniak or diminsh his controbutions at all?

EndleSS88: You're avoiding everyones questions. What do you use for a phone, laptop, desktop or TV? What kind of car do you drive?

I doubt you'll reply since you'll soon find out the sordid history of the products you do own, and the people responsible for them.

SkinnyPupp 10-07-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangonay (Post 7604965)

EndleSS88: You're avoiding everyones questions. What do you use for a phone, laptop, desktop or TV? What kind of car do you drive?

I doubt you'll reply since you'll soon find out the sordid history of the products you do own, and the people responsible for them.

Read harder, get out of the Jobs Reality Distortion Field. He was a brilliant marketer. Not a brilliant engineer. That was Wozniak. In fact, a lot of people know about the famous incident where Atari hired Steve Jobs to work on Breakout. They offered a $100 bonus on top of the $750 salary, for each chip he could eliminate, making the game cheaper to manufacture. Jobs passed it onto Woz (not telling Atari), who got it working on a single chip. Atari was so impressed they paid Jobs a $5000 bonus, which he kept himself.

Jobs was very good at getting people to think and do what he wanted, and great at getting his own way. THIS IS A GOOD THING. He made a LOT of people a LOT of money. And many of those people are contributing in great ways through philanthropy, etc. So even if Jobs never did unless it was in his best interest, a lot of the people HE helped become rich will (and many will not, I'm sure).

But to talk about Jobs like he was was some sort of deity, when really all he did was convince people that they should spend way too much money for computers and tech gadgets, is laughable.

Again, nothing against the guy. I'm sure he didn't ask for all this to be lavished on him (you can see how he reacts to his "fans" on many videos on youtube). So RIP to jobs, the rest of you clowns calm the fuck down. You are mourning the loss of a really good salesman.

BTW this is a good read too

Steve Jobs Was Not God

taylor192 10-07-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Dub (Post 7604671)
Perhaps you should read this again. Was he not a human being? Did he not change things? He wasn't Hitler, Stalin, Saddam, or even fucking Bin Laden. He did good things, and sometimes we, as humans, err and make mistakes and do bad things. Does that make him any less than you? How badly must you use this internet to discredit his life and what he did?

If posting the truth discredits him, then so be it.

You're acting like one of those idiots that like remembering someone as the good person they were, rather than the person that killed 3 people while driving drunk. Good people don't drive drunk and kill people, so its hypocritical to remember someone for who they are not.

You remember the good person you've put on a pedestal, I'll remember the truth. Deal? Done.

taylor192 10-07-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangonay (Post 7604672)
No, it's partial truth.

No, its the full truth cause the rest has already been posted. I don't need to repeat what others have already posted.

Quote:

As in people like you picking and choosing which aspects of his life you want to talk about, and then trying to define his entire life by those specific parts.

Quite the opposite. I have no need to post the other aspects of his life, cause if you've been paying attention lots of people have posted his greatness and defined him by it. I'm just completing the picture. You can see how many people have pictured Jobs based only on certain aspects of his life, and how upset they are when his entire life ruins the picture they had of him.

My picture isn't ruined by considering all details, yours is.

Quote:

Should I go back through all your comments on RS and pick out the really bad ones and use them to form a complete opinion of you?

Lots of people already have a preconceived impression of me based on my posts. I accept that, perhaps you should too. I'm not the one upset that my vision of Jobs is distorted by pointing out his faults.

Quote:

I guess that truth must really hurt people like you who still feel the need to bash Apple and Jobs even after he died.

Its not bashing when its the truth. Its only bashing to you, cause it ruins your memory of him to have the truth pointed out.

vafanculo 10-07-2011 08:26 AM

All jokes and ranting aside, he's a man with tons of money who proves that no money can buy you health. At the end of the day, stripped all of his money and materialistic posessions, a man has died a slow and painful death. Simply deserves an RIP. Not for what he's done, but for being a human being.

Btw, I'm typing this from the cancer ward in the hospital. He's no different than the people to my left, and to my right (everybody has their flaws)..
Posted via RS Mobile

StutteR_ 10-07-2011 09:21 AM

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls...m9bpo1_500.png

CP.AR 10-07-2011 09:21 AM

FUCKING HELL GUYS DO WE REALLY HAVE TO HAVE A HUGE ARGUMENT OVER SOMEONE'S DEATH?

Drow 10-07-2011 09:28 AM

@ ppl who discredit jobs and pick him out for his faults

If you cant swear on your balls that you have never done anything in your lives that would constitute as "asshole" then kindly proceed to pull your head outta your ass. You talk of another human being like your farts dont smell
Posted via RS Mobile

Outreach 10-07-2011 09:35 AM

K-DUB WAS IN LOVE W/ HIM.

dachinesedude 10-07-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goo3 (Post 7604914)
It's rather sad when you come on RS and see a bunch of grown men find a way to shit on someone who just died of cancer. There's a difference between the internet caricature and the person in real life, but it seems some of your eyeballs are too caught up in your computer screens. Like I said before, turn the computer off and take a walk.

grown men? are you sure bout that?

notsureifsrs.jpg

SkinnyPupp 10-07-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drow (Post 7605077)
@ ppl who discredit jobs and pick him out for his faults

If you cant swear on your balls that you have never done anything in your lives that would constitute as "asshole" then kindly proceed to pull your head outta your ass. You talk of another human being like your farts dont smell
Posted via RS Mobile

Nobody is taking anything from him for being a cunt. Well except the god-like attributes people are applying to him. In death, he really proved that he created a cult. Which is ironic since he spoke against such ways of thinking in a speech once

Outreach 10-07-2011 09:38 AM

lol at .RENN.SPORT. failing vafanculo.

unit 10-07-2011 09:47 AM

^throwaway account much?

Outreach 10-07-2011 09:53 AM

I just joined to try and sell my car FYI................ and this thread is intrigues me.

clee0302 10-07-2011 12:25 PM

RIP Steve Jobs, world changer.

Yuffa 10-07-2011 01:29 PM

Think of him as a celebrity. We all love celebrities for whatever reason. Maybe he's got real talent. Maybe it's all just packaging/marketing. Maybe she's just hot. They all get haters too for no apparent reasons.

So just leave it alone and let the guy RIP.

LiquidTurbo 10-07-2011 01:32 PM

I wonder how his death will affect sales. When Amy winehouse ad Michael Jackson died, sales of their songs went through the roof.
Posted via RS Mobile

N.V.M. 10-07-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo (Post 7605309)
I wonder how his death will affect sales. When Amy winehouse ad Michael Jackson died, sales of their songs went through the roof.
Posted via RS Mobile

different, thats "art", this is business. shares will fall if anything.

racerman88 10-07-2011 02:47 PM

sad day, he was a visionary

EndLeSS8 10-07-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangonay (Post 7604965)

You are an idiot. I have work all day so I don't have time to reply IMMEDIATELY.

For the record, the only thing I had of Hugo Boss was 1 bottle of cologne which I bought 10 years ago, used about 5 times, and that was it.

I have a cheap phone, a Nokia. I don't own a desktop. My laptop is a Dell. I don't own a TV. I own a Nissan, but if I had enough funds, I would own a C6 Corvette.

I thought I would be the last person on RS to side with taylor192 and SkinnyPupp, but both of their answers are more than sufficient to reply back to all of you fanatics. Their answers are spot on.

Excelsis 10-07-2011 05:22 PM

you know, what about we start looking at every single person that died and their negatisms which they did in their life. There's always a thing you can say about another person so what gives YOU the right to judge others? Look at yourself

LT Maverick 10-07-2011 05:38 PM

guys guys, all this pointing out the "truth" is a little ridiculous... yea maybe jobs was an asshole and did some shady things, but i'm sure many ppl would agree the good things he did far outweighed the asshole personality he had... take for example jfk... he was a womanizer... mistresses everywhere but do ppl keep bringing that up? i'm sure jfk did a lot of immoral things, but fact is he was one of the greatest presidents and his legacy will be remembered for that... Same goes for Steve Jobs imo... it's not a coincidence that he took an almost bankrupt company and turned it into what it is today... nobody here can say apple would have succeeded the same way...

Happy 10-07-2011 05:50 PM

R.I.P.
I'm not gonna bash this guy with what he did because no one is perfect
can't thank this guy enough for making ipods
best mp3 player ever
funny joke he made about his company

DanHibiki 10-07-2011 05:52 PM

Everyone is remembered by the one big thing that happens in their life/career whether it be good or bad.

You knock on those who seem to worship him because what he did with Apple is the most defining thing about him.

Not everyone is totally educated on his entire life or cares.

Patrick Stefan will be remembered forever as being one of the biggest #1 overall picks to flop.

Alexandre Daigle will be remember for saying ""Nobody remembers who was chosen No. 2" and then totally busting.

How will people remember Tiger Woods? His great career or his scandal?

Bill Clinton? Sex Scandal.