REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Steve Jobs is dead (https://www.revscene.net/forums/654918-steve-jobs-dead.html)

Manic! 10-05-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7602713)
how did you glean "being a ceo is easy" ?

he was a lot more certainly but he wasn't godly like the fans want to portray him as

he was a great businessman & all that entails (and yes he also invented but he wasn't spectacular in this regard)

it sucks he passed away and its horrible he had to go that way rip

He was one of the greatest if not greatest CEO of all times. The companies he founded had an affect on everything from cars to running shoes and almost everything we do in our lives.

StylinRed 10-05-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fobulaus (Post 7602722)
Seriously, what the hell are you smoking? How is he a shady CEO? What are you talking about? Sounds to me you know absolutely nothing about Apple and Steve Jobs.

Are you saying McDonalds and Coca Cola are successful because Warren Buffet invested in them?

You're one of those guys who hate Apple products because you are reluctant to change, and like the attention you get from dissing everybody around you for using an iPhone.

i dont feel we should really divert this RIP thread anymore than we/I have
but if you don't know about the "shady" part you should read more :)

"reluctant to change" :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 7602724)
He was one of the greatest if not greatest CEO of all times.

i agree a great ceo/businessman like i said.....???

BrRsn 10-05-2011 05:07 PM

RIP steve

posted from my macbook :(

PiuYi 10-05-2011 05:11 PM

RIP to Steve Jobs

few things i didn't know before today:
Spoiler!

Jboii59 10-05-2011 05:14 PM

RIP steve jobs

fobulaus 10-05-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7602729)
i dont feel we should really divert this RIP thread anymore than we/I have
but if you don't know about the "shady" part you should read more :)

"reluctant to change" :lol

i agree a great ceo/businessman like i said.....???

What? Because he did drugs when he was young? That's the shady part you're talking about?

I don't mind diverting this thread. I want to hear why you (and others) feel that Steve Jobs is such a horrible person that you need to trash him the day he passed away.

WHEYsted 10-05-2011 05:18 PM

RIP

DC5-S 10-05-2011 05:22 PM

Hahahahahah
Posted via RS Mobile

Tim Budong 10-05-2011 05:24 PM

twitter is becoming unstable
everything i read is about steve jobs

noTirl 10-05-2011 05:27 PM

RIP

StylinRed 10-05-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fobulaus (Post 7602744)
What? Because he did drugs when he was young? That's the shady part you're talking about?

I don't mind diverting this thread. I want to hear why you (and others) feel that Steve Jobs is such a horrible person that you need to trash him the day he passed away.

drugs??? rofl

im talking about screwing over Wozniak, taking Gates bailout then going on an advertising campaign to kill msft and stalling collaborative efforts on cellphones so that he can get his iphone out and stealing patents and ideas and taking the issues to courts because he doesnt want to pay for them and manipulating the public into thinking they introduced something new and innovative when its not

etc etc etc

and trashing him?? no facts isn't trashing if you do something you should own up to it and expect everything to be talked about when remembering someone you dont gloss over things simply because a persons passed

and according to piuyi he was also a deadbeat dad

so that's all ill do at derailing this now so back to my last statement, do some reading (and if you try to dismiss it simply as "that's business" well u have questionable values)

LiquidTurbo 10-05-2011 05:30 PM

So many non-contribution zeroes in this thread.

RIP Steve Jobs. Even though we all saw it coming, still a shock.
Posted via RS Mobile

shenmecar 10-05-2011 05:31 PM

RIP Steve Jobs

WHEYsted 10-05-2011 05:37 PM

Seriously though RIP Steve Jobs. Thank you for all the wonderful products you brought us to make our lives easier, one of which I am typing on now!

shawnly1000 10-05-2011 05:46 PM

AC360 on CNN will have coverage of Jobs' passing as well as an interview with Steve Wozniak for those interested

Brianrietta 10-05-2011 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well said Bill. RIP :(

Lomac 10-05-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 7602638)
And the only reason you own a Android is Steve Jobs and that's the the only reason why I own a HP Touch Pad. HP would have never come out with a touch pad if it wasn't for Steve Jobs and the Ipad.

Not to derail this thread anymore than it already has, but tablets were around for ages prior to the iPad. The only reason why Apple was able to popularize the market was because of the iPhone. The general population was very aware of what the phone could do, so simply creating a larger version of it in the form of a tablet was merely a common sense step. I'm sure if Apple hadn't done it, someone else would have.

That said, RIP. Consider him a visionary or view him as a crook, he still helped push the envelope in terms of marketing (and, unfortunately, control over one's products). However, no one deserves to die of cancer.

Tim Budong 10-05-2011 05:54 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq...9917o1_500.png

N.V.M. 10-05-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo (Post 7602758)
So many non-contribution zeroes in this thread.

no shit. god damn RS schoolboys sitting behind their keyboards, waiting for their moms to call them to dinner.

Tim Budong 10-05-2011 06:07 PM

Westboro Church, biggest SCUM on gods green earth

http://cl.ly/3v2m1b1J1E3k1T2D1U07/Sc...7.01.08_PM.png

Coren 10-05-2011 06:09 PM

rip steve jobs

i'm sure the cellphone world wouldn't have been as competitive without him and the iphone

figure.09 10-05-2011 06:10 PM

R.I.P
Posted via RS Mobile

fobulaus 10-05-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7602754)
drugs??? rofl

im talking about screwing over Wozniak, taking Gates bailout then going on an advertising campaign to kill msft and stalling collaborative efforts on cellphones so that he can get his iphone out and stealing patents and ideas and taking the issues to courts because he doesnt want to pay for them and manipulating the public into thinking they introduced something new and innovative when its not

etc etc etc

and trashing him?? no facts isn't trashing if you do something you should own up to it and expect everything to be talked about when remembering someone you dont gloss over things simply because a persons passed

and according to piuyi he was also a deadbeat dad

so that's all ill do at derailing this now so back to my last statement, do some reading (and if you try to dismiss it simply as "that's business" well u have questionable values)

I don't know much about Jobs personal life and how he treats his daughter, most people don't care, and that's not why he's respected.

Not totally sure how Steve Jobs "screwed over" Wozniak. Pretty sure Wozniak left the company on good terms to pursue his own ventures. Besides, I'm sure hes still an Apple shareholder making a crap load of money from their stock. The only thing I found on the internet is that Jobs won't write the foreword of his autobiography? Is that the serious offense you're talking about?

Trashing Microsoft - you mean the mac vs. PC commercials? They were funny and not far from the truth. Don't see anything wrong with them. Microsoft has stepped on far more companies than Apple ever will.

I don't think either of us are knowledgeable to differentiate who is infringing whos patten. Look at Microsoft Zune, HP Touchpad, Samsung Touch, etc etc.

Razor Ramon HG 10-05-2011 06:25 PM

Steve Jobs' biological father speaks of yearning to meet his son | Mail Online

Interesting article for those that haven't seen it already.

DanHibiki 10-05-2011 06:26 PM

If it wasn't for Steve Jobs, the first Google phone woulda looked like this.

http://media.techeblog.com/images/androidlive_1.jpg

And I'm sure I'd be rocking a Blackberry right now if he didn't exist.