REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   [Confidential] Choosing btwn two girls: one just met, one crushed on long time (https://www.revscene.net/forums/656028-%5Bconfidential%5D-choosing-btwn-two-girls-one-just-met-one-crushed-long-time.html)

El Bastardo 10-22-2011 08:08 AM

[Confidential] Choosing btwn two girls: one just met, one crushed on long time

The following post is from an anonymous member. If they would like to reply to any replies please pm me.

Wow, it has been topsy-turvy night.

I had gotten out of a relationship a year and a half ago, that left me pretty messed up. Throughout the time, I had my eye on a friend that I was quite into for a long, long time, but never made a move because she was a friend, and didn't wanna jeopardize what we had until I fully knew I was ready to commit to a serious relationship. We have had some quite intimate friend-dates but I never made a move just because I didn't feel ready yet.

However, recently I met another girl, friend of a friend, and have become quite attached quite quickly. We've been seeing each other for 5 weeks, and have recently made it 'official' (aka steady aka monogamous) two weeks ago.

Tonight, through a series of text msgs and events, I spoke with the crush/friend, and found out that the feelings were reciprocal, but also had found out about me and the new girl and that I had feelings from her from a 3rd party. However, another friend brought up a good point that what if she is only interested because I am not available?

Now I am completely torn between the friend I've been pining for for more than a year, and whom I've known as a friend for several years, or the girl I've fallen over but have only known for 5 weeks.

My gut says go for the crush, but my brain and logic say stick with the new girl.

My friend suggested I talk to the friend in a sober, more conversational setting (i.e. not after 5 drinks and in a club), which I will be doing over the weekend.

Any advice?

Thanks!

vafanculo 10-22-2011 08:34 AM

Stick with the new girl. Your friend doesn't mind homewrecking it seems, and that tells alot about her character.
Posted via RS Mobile

SumAznGuy 10-22-2011 08:43 AM

Ask yourself this. Who would you rather be with? Who makes you happier?

BT 10-22-2011 09:04 AM

http://d3uwin5q170wpc.cloudfront.net...99_460s_v1.jpg

eurochevy 10-22-2011 09:38 AM

simple answer..go with the new one, sometimes crushes don't live up to your own expectations cause you've regarded them so highly already, not good for you or her

buddy 10-22-2011 09:48 AM

my rule of thumb when picking between 2 or more girls .. always go with the one with bigger boobs

tiger_handheld 10-22-2011 11:43 AM

1) take a coin
2) label each side with initials
3) flip it

when it's in the air you will know what you want..

will068 10-22-2011 12:25 PM

2nd one.

And when you break up with her. Go for the friend after.

jeedee 10-22-2011 12:57 PM

***awaiting v rossi's answer***
Posted via RS Mobile

trip 10-22-2011 01:05 PM

girl 1 will be around for later still if things are right.

its all about timing.

sonick 10-22-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddy (Post 7624570)
my rule of thumb when picking between 2 or more girls .. always go with the one with bigger boobs

:fullofwin:

dinosaur 10-22-2011 01:14 PM

I don't think that the original girl is JUST telling you now because you are "unavailable"...She probably thought you were moving towards a relationship and was waiting for you to make a move. As you said, you had some "quite intimate friend-dates". Maybe she finally got to guts to express her feelings....

I don't think you will be able to move forward with the new girl with unresolved feeling for the original one. She will always be in the back of your head....I guarantee that the first time you fight/argue/etc with the new one, you will think about the original one and "what if" it...

Excelsis 10-22-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

My gut says go for the crush, but my brain and logic say stick with the new girl.
What does your heart say :concentrate:

SiRV 10-22-2011 02:39 PM

pics of both might help with the decision...

:pokerface:

TOS'd 10-22-2011 03:04 PM

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

taylorswift13 10-22-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpha v2 (Post 7624765)
What does your heart say :concentrate:

:fuckthatshit:

Psykopathik 10-22-2011 03:55 PM

Who do you see by your side when you're an old man on your deathbed?

kluk 10-22-2011 04:03 PM

go with the one with hotter friends then share pics on rs. TIA.

El Bastardo 10-22-2011 04:08 PM

Serious replies only please. Some of you deserve points. Keep it up and some of you will GET points.

Culture_Vulture 10-22-2011 04:26 PM

Honestly though, I would go with the second.
You've already started a relationship with her. There's no point in ending it just because some fling from the past suddenly tells you that she's interested in you. Granted, she's been on a few dates with you which means there is at least some levels of attraction there.

Still, if you already have a good thing going, why stop?

And on the bright side, if it doesn't work out with the new girl, there's always a chance that you can revert back to the relationship with the crush from before. Can't say the same if it were the other way around.

:troll:

yellowpower 10-22-2011 05:00 PM

Go for the first! Shes not expressing her feelings because shes trying to homewreck u dummies, shes expressing how she feels cuz she thinks its time he knew and she couldnt stand to c him with someone else.

If anything, u should have srsly expressed how you felt with the first girl. If she said yes, u would be happy, if she said no, then you would have been happy with the second girl. Amirite?

freakshow 10-22-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BT (Post 7624534)

This is horrible advice.
People already act like this, and it's no wonder that divorce rates are through the roof. Love is a choice, often an continuous choice, not just some feeling you get when cupid's arrow hits you. Just because you feel like you love someone else, doesn't mean you should just go do it.

"Love is an act of the will accompanied by emotion that leads to action on behalf of it's object"

SiRV 10-22-2011 06:35 PM

^would thank multiple times if I could

palepilsenpin0y 10-22-2011 06:54 PM

Just do whatever you think you won't regret in the future. You have your gut and brain+logic factored in, but always remember to follow your heart.

Teh Doucher 10-22-2011 10:09 PM

i went through a similar situation a couple of years ago.. decided to go ahead with the friend I've known for a while. it didnt end up working out and the other girl ended up with someone else. guess where i ended up.. :alone:

go with the second one.