REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-25-2011, 05:45 AM   #26
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
if you read the one that darth posted theres a section on music and 1 button usage items
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,063 Times in 554 Posts
You know the thing about talking on the phone and being distracted...makes no sense to me

For ex. So it's distracting if I am talking to 124y on the phone but am not when he is sitting in my passenger seat?
BC should just banned drivers from talking all together then... Cuz its clearly that holding a conversation takes concentration out of driving not holding the phone part

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2011, 09:18 AM   #28
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I dont get how they can ban cellphones while driving but yet you have idiots driving with noise cancelling ear buds listening to their music. I think thats more dangerous. Dont most cars have a stereo these days? Burn a CD get an FM Transmitter or something dont use the excuse I dont have my favorite song on there. If you cant afford to burn your self a CD what the hell are you doing owning a car, take transit.
toyobaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:59 AM   #29
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated View Post
I dont get how they can ban cellphones while driving but yet you have idiots driving with noise cancelling ear buds listening to their music. I think thats more dangerous. Dont most cars have a stereo these days? Burn a CD get an FM Transmitter or something dont use the excuse I dont have my favorite song on there. If you cant afford to burn your self a CD what the hell are you doing owning a car, take transit.
technically you aren't supposed to have stereo headphones on when you are driving either....

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #30
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I believe this is a bullshit law. I've been driving for more than a decade with no problems at all. I dont text and drive. But if Im stopped at a red light i do and have been for so many years. Did people all of a sudden forget to have common sense and the ability to multi task? I drink coffee and drive a manual. Should drinking coffee be banned as well?..lol.

You don't all of a sudden become a bad driver. If you continue bad habits you will be a bad driver but if you practice good habits and have been trained well than your fine

Last edited by fsy82; 10-26-2011 at 08:58 AM.
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #31
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
If my BT headset dies (i usually keep it in the car incase i forget it at home) i put it on speakerphone while putting it against the steering wheel and my hand so i have both hands still on the wheel..
If i put it down in my lap or in the cup holder, people cant hear me too well..
Technically, you are not allowed to do that. You are not allowed to hold the phone in your hand even if you have both hands on the steering wheel.
I know a guy that got a ticket for doing just that a few days ago eventhough he has a BT speaker mounted to his visor.

I put my phone on speaker and tuck it under my shoulder belt so it is close to my ear/mouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #32

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
I believe this a bullshit law. I've driving for more than a decade with no problems at all. I dont text and drive. But if Im stopped at a red light i do and have been for so many years. Did people all of a sudden forget to have common sense and the ability to multi task? I drink coffee and drive a manual. Should drinking coffee be banned as well?..lol.

You don't all of a sudden become a bad driver. If you continue bad habits you will be a bad driver but if you practice good habits and have been trained well than your fine
A decade ago phones were just phones. Now ppl can text, talk, update their facebook, etc.

To me, this is also a BS law. But its one BS law I don't mind. Drivers are getting shittier these days, so even if this law stops a small percentage of idiots from driving distracted, its worth it to me.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #33

cellphone ban isn't working at all. I still see alot of people talking on phone while driving as well as check text messages. We need a better system.

P.S .

What about lighting a cigarette and smoking in the car?
And the cars that has lot of high tech buttons for their GPS, and their touch screen speedometer or headsup display like the new Ford car/trucks.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #34
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
cellphone ban isn't working at all. I still see alot of people talking on phone while driving as well as check text messages. We need a better system.

P.S .

What about lighting a cigarette and smoking in the car?
And the cars that has lot of high tech buttons for their GPS, and their touch screen speedometer or headsup display like the new Ford car/trucks.
Valid points, might as well put manual shifting or paddle shifting in there as well since you are looking at the tach at times.
Posted via RS Mobile
optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #35
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
this is a bullshit law, fail me if you want
I am with you ...

if we were to ban everything that distract my driving, there would be a long list ... radio, cigarettes, coffee, food, my wife who won't stop talking ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #36

Just because you can drive with a cellphone doesn't mean others can.

Half of the drivers on the road don't even have common sense let alone multitask. Heck, people can't even safely use their phones and mp3 while walking.

So many times I see people who don't bother looking both ways before crossing the street (I thought you were taught that when you were a kid ) either they stare at the ground like a retard or they stare straight ahead. Just because the cross light is on doesn't mean people will always stop for you. People have broken their legs because they walked straight into a open manhole because they were too busy playing with their phones and mp3 as well.

This cell phone law is just the beginning imo, unless people start developing a sense of awareness of their environment, it's only going to get worse.
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #37
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
cellphone ban is fine with me as someone said drivers are getting shittier and distracted easily

the problem with red light texters is that some of them seem to forget to go on green!
and the one hand on phone while turning right/left is pretty dangerous in case something happens and u cant react fast enough

I make valid points, but i won't say the law is stupid. I will admit, i still talk on the phone to this day while driving.
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #38
GG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoc View Post
Just because you can drive with a cellphone doesn't mean others can.

Half of the drivers on the road don't even have common sense let alone multitask. Heck, people can't even safely use their phones and mp3 while walking.

So many times I see people who don't bother looking both ways before crossing the street (I thought you were taught that when you were a kid ) either they stare at the ground like a retard or they stare straight ahead. Just because the cross light is on doesn't mean people will always stop for you. People have broken their legs because they walked straight into a open manhole because they were too busy playing with their phones and mp3 as well.

This cell phone law is just the beginning imo, unless people start developing a sense of awareness of their environment, it's only going to get worse.

ya well you know what? too bad so sad towards those who cannot

If they need to learn the hard way than so be it, tats life. Get on with the program.

Eventually they will learn, one way or the other.

SO many high end vehicles nowadays have whole bunch of fancy gadgets inside, its enough to make one crash if they dont know when or how to concentrate. Driving manual requires constantly shifting, passenger keeps on yapping, listening to music, bass pumping, doing make up, food/drink, getting a blow job, grabbing sth from the floor/back seat/front seat/glove box, changing cd/setting/navigate thru the setting, changing the seat position and the list goes on and on and on.
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:49 PM   #39
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I put my phone on speaker and tuck it under my shoulder belt so it is close to my ear/mouth.
Me too!
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #40
RS controls my life!

I honestly believe that the cell phone ban while driving has made things worse. I heard that accidents have increased since the ban has been implemented, and i can see why. I find way more people behind the wheel are texting now, because they can keep the phone low and out of sight from the police, which is virtually impossible for them to write a ticket. Texting is much more of a destration then holding one hand to your ear. Think about it. What is the difference between talking to the person next to you in the car and changing the radio station or adjusting your climate control? What's next?? You won't be able to speak while driving or use any of your cars features.....
I understand that for some people talking on their cell is a small destraction, but it's simply a case of what's the worse of the 2 evils, talking or texting.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #41
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
K I've seen officers on their phones while on the job, shows you how much of a bullshit law it is

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #42
RS controls my life!

if you can't drive properly because u have a phone in ur hand. u should b dead. cuz ur pretty much useless.
Leung_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilabomb View Post

If they need to learn the hard way than so be it, tats life. Get on with the program.

Eventually they will learn, one way or the other.

SO many high end vehicles nowadays have whole bunch of fancy gadgets inside, its enough to make one crash if they dont know when or how to concentrate. Driving manual requires constantly shifting, passenger keeps on yapping, listening to music, bass pumping, doing make up, food/drink, getting a blow job, grabbing sth from the floor/back seat/front seat/glove box, changing cd/setting/navigate thru the setting, changing the seat position and the list goes on and on and on.
It's not too bad so sad, because the government always look out for the weakest members of society. Yes, it further encourages mental atrophy for these type of people, but that's just how a socialized government rolls.

If the too bad so sad approach was taken, speed limits would be higher and drugs would not have warning labels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leung_Dog
if you can't drive properly because u have a phone in ur hand. u should b dead. cuz ur pretty much useless.
What about paraplegics?
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- View Post
Technically eating while driving can be distracting and cause a fatal accident, staring at women can cause an accident in the Summer, adjusting the directions on your GPS/changing a song on your radio can be distracting, smoking with one hand and steering with the other... The list seriously goes on and on. Should we ban them too or use some common sense behind the wheel in general?
Exactly, there are so many other distracting things and above all the cellphone was banned. Hell, I guess it's still legal to the extent I can drive and eat cup noodles and not get pulled over slurping my noodles in front of a cruiser.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #45

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
driving on the phone reduces your reaction true..

TEXTING however, makes you really unaware of the situation, i've seen so many people swerving around, and when i come beside them at an intersection i see them on their phone.. texting, playing or whatever they're doing
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2011, 11:19 PM   #46
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

this law actually got me started doing other stuff while having a police cruiser around.
for example: i'll grab my pop from the cup holder and start sipping on it while changing gears. then i'll think, this is probably more dangerous than answering my phone but fuck at least i wont get a ticket
hpw912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:39 PM   #47
G'd up! w000weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
still see tons of people talking on their phones like this law doesn't even exist.
As with speeding
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:41 PM   #48
G'd up! w000weee

I want to see the data for the number of car accidents before and after the law was implemented!
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #49
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilabomb View Post

...until they run over an innocent bystander?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
K I've seen officers on their phones while on the job, shows you how much of a bullshit law it is
I am pretty sure emergency vehicles are exempt...just like the idling laws
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:20 AM   #50
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Once the sun goes down. Its pretty much clear sailing for cell phone use. I would imagine it being hard to see someone doing stuff inside their car at night.

I'm only cautious of my usage during daylight hours.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: