REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #51
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
until you actually get pulled over for doing it?

If my BT headset dies (i usually keep it in the car incase i forget it at home) i put it on speakerphone while putting it against the steering wheel and my hand so i have both hands still on the wheel..
If i put it down in my lap or in the cup holder, people cant hear me too well..
lol pigs aren't going to scare me. I know my capabilities as a driver.
Advertisement
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:31 AM   #52
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts

if you have done any of the above... try this:

Gauging Your Distraction - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

Toyota Teen Driver - Heads Up!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a3fc/event.png
MWR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:38 AM   #53
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
driving on the phone reduces your reaction true..

TEXTING however, makes you really unaware of the situation, i've seen so many people swerving around, and when i come beside them at an intersection i see them on their phone.. texting, playing or whatever they're doing

this is true... i admit when i get a text, only god can stop me from checking who and what it is about... i almost got into an accident and after that, i just pull over or check it real quick during red lights.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:58 AM   #54
JF.
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

8. I’m not driving; I was stopped at a red light. This misconception needs to end right now: the law applies even when you’re stopped at a light or in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

one of my friends friend got a ticket like that too. she was connecting her headphones into her phone at a red light. she fought it in court and won. lol
JF. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:56 AM   #55
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
People already don't shoulder check.
I'm frequently having to deal with idiots that can't drive without distractions as is.
Maybe you guys care less because you're in a car, but on 2 wheels with no walls, it's bloody scary when somebody just cuts you off when you are beside them and there is no warning.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #56
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Are you saying that the graduated driving licensing program "L" and "N" stage are making poeple worst drivers than ever? and shoulder check isn't part of the training?
Old 10-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #57
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by adambomb View Post
Once the sun goes down. Its pretty much clear sailing for cell phone use. I would imagine it being hard to see someone doing stuff inside their car at night.

I'm only cautious of my usage during daylight hours.

to a certain point thats correct, but cops can still see cabins/faces that are lit up by the phones
hpw912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:30 PM   #58
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
...until they run over an innocent bystander?

I am pretty sure emergency vehicles are exempt...just like the idling laws
So you're saying its Ok for a police officer to be driving and scrolling/talking/checking email on his cell phone at the same time? Sweet baby fucking Jesus, has he not seen the statistics?

How are we supposed to abide by laws people claim are to supposed to protect us when law enforcers are disregarding them? Why isn't he using a hands-free system? Did he receive some sort of specialized training that allows him to use a mobile phone while patrolling?

"Yup, so just hold next to your ear."

Speaking of which, isn't an officer of the law supposed to be more focused on whats happening outside opposed to using his phone? Or... was it safe for him to do so since it was at a red light?

Bullshit law

/awaits failstorm

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #59
WHAT? NO FOOD?

Thanked 1,134 Times in 231 Posts
Just curious, does this give out points and affects the insurance?

[29-04, 00:14] El Bastardo: Santofu isn't the hero Revscene needs, but hes the hero Revscene deserves
Santofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:45 PM   #60
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF. View Post
8. I’m not driving; I was stopped at a red light. This misconception needs to end right now: the law applies even when you’re stopped at a light or in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

one of my friends friend got a ticket like that too. she was connecting her headphones into her phone at a red light. she fought it in court and won. lol
Yea, because the officer enforced the law by the book. By technicality, they do have a right to prosecute. Challenging at a court allows intuition and human thought to give a fair judgement.

Just because your friend might have been ticketed for a questionable reason doesn't mean the law is automatically stupid, and that you should be allowed to text or call and drive.
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #61
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

2. It was my boss on the phone – I had to answer it. In B.C., crashes are the number-one cause of traumatic work-related deaths, according to WorkSafeBC statistics. On average, approximately 30 workers in B.C. are killed each year while driving. Your boss should be relieved that you were not only obeying the law, but reducing the risk of injuring or killing yourself and others while on the job.

my boss calls me even though he knows i am driving. gets pissed off if i dont answer the phone
1995 Nissan 240sx SOLD
2009 Saturn Astra
some_punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:04 AM   #62
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
using cell phone is Half as bad as turning your head 180 degree trying to check out the chicks face when you drive by. Holy.
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #63
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

As I teacher, I frequently see driving-aged kids become totally oblivious to the world around them when while they are texting/on their cell. They walk into eachother, stop in the middle of a busy hallway, etc. all of the time. If they can't walk and use their phone, they sure as heck can't drive with it. A good friend of mine was t-boned badly this summer when a teenage girl blew a stop sign while on her phone. Luckily, his pregnant wife was on the side of the vehicle that was not hit.

Also, like others have said, traffic laws are implemented for the "lowest common denominators" (yes I teach math ), the folks that can't drive worth a darn even without any distractions (see above). Complaining about the cell phone ban is as pointless as arguing over speed limits. "I can talk on the phone without crashing.." is the same as "I can drive 20 km/h over the speed limit without crashing"; both may be true for some drivers, but they are most certainly NOT true for the majority of drivers. A law that inconveniences me, but keeps me safe from the distractable idiot driving a 4000 pound chunk of steel towards me and my family, is definitely worth the hassle.