REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 11-03-2011, 04:06 AM   #26
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
Are you serious? Drew's voice is good, but Melanie can easily take her out.
She's just got the range, power and her voice is alot stronger.
Drew rocked it with her slow down version of BABY. She's creative and she's only 14...imagine what she could do with professional song writers and producers. There are like millions of singers like Melanie on YouTube she's not really that big of a deal.

Advertisement
Sky_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #27
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_2000 View Post
Drew rocked it with her slow down version of BABY. She's creative and she's only 14...imagine what she could do with professional song writers and producers. There are like millions of singers like Melanie on YouTube she's not really that big of a deal.

Drew Ryniewicz - Audition 1 - THE X FACTOR 2011 - YouTube
I see what you mean, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but for me Melanie is a stronger contender.

But from this show the judges clearly are looking for someone who can record/sell records, and that doesnt necessarily mean the most talented person will win either.

Also, did anyone else feel the song choices last night SUCKED?
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #28
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
I missed Chris Rene yesterday, how did he do?
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #29
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I missed Chris Rene yesterday, how did he do?
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #30

Old 11-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #31

Old 11-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #32
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

After watching this video I see what Simon saw in Simone....with lots of money Simon could have turned her into some no talent pop star. The girls on twitter loves this dumb bitch.
Sky_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #33
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_2000 View Post
Simone Battle (of X Factor) - "He Likes Boys" - YouTube

After watching this video I see what Simon saw in Simone....with lots of money Simon could have turned her into some no talent pop star. The girls on twitter loves this dumb bitch.
Its true, she has that look to her, but I never fell for it for a second.
I never thought she was any good

I was a little letdown by Chris Rene's performance last night
But tonight we find out if he gets sent home or not
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #34
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Coming from someone who works in the music industry.. I decided to give a personal opinionated rundown of the contestants..

Best voices: Melanie, Josh, Leroy, Stacy, Rachel, Elona from Intensity
Most current/marketability: Astro, Lakoda Rayne, Drew

Melanie is hands down the best, cleanest, clearest voice on the show right now. I don't even think Nicole can sing as smooth her. Her bridges between her low, mid, and high ends are seamless. No strain or rasp whatsoever. Pretty damn perfect. BUT having said that, her voice really lacks personality and character. But hey, so did Leona Lewis' voice.

Josh and Leroy have really great voices as well. But like Melanie, these guys lack marketability and character. Though I don't think he's going to win, I think Leroy's my favourite

Stacy's voice has more power and strength than Melanie's, but she strains a lot. And apparently there's some controversy about how she used to be a professional singer and her whole single abused mom story is just part of an act? Either way, I think she has a solid chance of winning this thing. Though I don't know how that would play out with her "false" story..

I'm sure we all know Astro will get picked up, win or lose. This kid can rap and has crazy flow, but at the same time, how much better would he be if you just gave him another couple years? Might be worth the wait for LA Reid.

Drew has the marketability and uniqueness that just might give her a big enough edge to carry her all the way to the end. Voice obviously not as strong as Melanie and Stacy. Kinda reminds me of a young Avril.

Intensity I can see getting picked up by Disney or something. Though the group is being carried by Elona, the black rapper kid, and the Bieber lookalike.

Lakoda Rayne I can see having some sort of career in the country scene. Tour with Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts, play at the Country festivals, etc. I want to say they won't be around for long because their voices aren't the strongest, but I have an odd feeling they might be here for a while.

Rachel Crow can singggg, damn! For a 13 year old?! She has the little cutesy look. Maybe Disney will pick her up. Doubt she'll make it all the way.

Stereohoggz will be easily forgotten.. reminds me of JLS or Ahmir. Yeah, they can sing, dance.. But groups are out.. mostly bands and solo acts are the only ones that hit it big these days.

I really like Marcus, he can sing and dance at par, but he'll get swallowed up by the big male R&B names. Chris Brown, Bieber, Usher.. As much as I like this kid, I doubt he'll be worth the $5 mil prize.

I personally don't like Renee at all. Sub-par singing with sub-par raps. Not even close to being worth $5 mil. There's hundreds of artists much better than him that you can find on Youtube in less than 5 minutes. The only thing carrying him is the fact that he was in rehab.

In the end, I can see everyone in the top 12 having careers in music. I can think of a market for every single one.
If I HAD to predict a winner, with all things considered, I'd say.. either Melanie, Stacy, or Drew. Unexpected curveballs MIGHT be Josh, Lakoda Rayne, or Astro.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0

Last edited by PJ; 11-03-2011 at 09:14 PM.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #35
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
the scoop on Stacy Francis

The X Factor Contestant Stacy Francis Has Secret Past | News | BET
chin3se604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2011, 09:14 AM   #36

i missed yesterdays episode. who got cut?
Old 11-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #37
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
i missed yesterdays episode. who got cut?
Intensity

Hey does anyone find the host of the show to be a prick? We know the shows on a tight time schedule but he keeps on cutting into the judges comments to rush them for an answer...
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #38
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormiez View Post
Intensity

Hey does anyone find the host of the show to be a prick? We know the shows on a tight time schedule but he keeps on cutting into the judges comments to rush them for an answer...
He has to be that way, it's a live show and they have a time limit they can't pass. I'm just happy it's someone different then Ryan Seacrest for once, he drives me fricken crazy...
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #39
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

im jealous of the people that can sing on x factor...there all really good
nguyen604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #40
In RS I Trust

Ok so Astro writes his own lyrics, His performance just now blew me the fuck away. If writing his own lyrics is the truth this kid is going to blow up bigger then anyone expected...
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Ok so Astro writes his own lyrics, His performance just now blew me the fuck away. If writing his own lyrics is the truth this kid is going to blow up bigger then anyone expected...
agreed man..he just re wrote eminems song..that takes some guts and mad skill. hands down he should win this competition. he is so damn talented. and he pays respect to the OG's of the music business.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #42
PJ

^+1

From his pre-performance clip, I just gained a new world of respect for Astro.
It takes a lot commitment to sacrifice and devote yourself to music, especially at his age. He's young, probably has all his friends playing video games and wanting to call him out all the time.

I work as a songwriter/producer, and I know how hard it is to get anywhere in this business. No one's going to help you, and you have to be super motivated to just get out there and do things on your own. Having said that, competitions like X-Factor are "short-cuts."
Every week I work with people who call themselves singer-songwriters when they have less than 10 songs in their name, and they've been playing for years. (Given that "real" songwriting goes into more intricacies like keys, chords, structures, melodies etc.. and rapping is just rhythmic talking over a catchy beat.) Regardless, if Astro can crank out lyrics like they say he's doing, this kid's going to make it one way or another.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0

Last edited by PJ; 11-09-2011 at 08:38 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #43

Old 11-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #44

Old 11-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #45

can't stand all the filler ( eg: recap, singing, commercials ) they have on the result show

this causes so much rush in the end, and gets frustrating and annoying when the host has to cut the judges off when they're speaking
Old 11-10-2011, 09:46 PM   #46
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
who got booted
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #47

Spoiler!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #48
PJ

I'm sorry, but get Renee out of there.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 11-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #49

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
I expect next season's groups to be stronger than this year's seeing as the American public will have a year to put a group together especially for X Factor.

Let's face it: the 4 guys that aren't singing lead in Stereo Hoggz had barely any singing skills, Intensity was/is a novelty group, and Lakoda Rayne is currently a poor-man's Dixie Chicks with an extra brunette.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:46 PM   #50
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
I don't watch this show.. but the wife told me about her and showed me her audition song and DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN she can sing..

Melanie Amaro - Audition 1 - THE X FACTOR 2011 - YouTube

She KILLED this song IMO. Simon's reaction around the 1:38mark says it all.

If i was to choose, i pick her and marcus.... his "all my life" performance was great too
Holy balls she's incredible. I wasn't convinced until she got to the chorus but sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt...

So much power and it looks like she doesn't really have to try.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote