REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 12-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #201
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstce92 View Post
I disagree, I hope Nicole doesn't return next season. The whole point of the save me song, is so the bottom two have a shot at redemption. The whole point of having judges is so they can "judge" who redeemed themselves and deserves it more than the other. America votes based on the songs from the previous night, not on the save me songs. So letting it go to deadlock is kind of stupid imo. Why have a save me song at all then. If you don't have the balls to say who you feel is better, don't be a judge. I can't believe Marcus has made it this far. He is by FAR the worst contestent imo. Even worse than intensity and stereohoggz. He brings nothing new, and is just a worse version of the other R&B guys out there.
^Valid points..

America should've voted properly, and Nicole should've judged properly.

The only one who judges correctly is Simon. Paula's alright too, though she's sometimes too positive, so the contestants think they're doing fine when they're not. Nicole and LA are acting like agents instead of judges. But I guess it's their first time, and Simon and Paula have had experience on Idol.

What's the point of a "save me" song if the judges aren't going to judge them by that song? It was crystal clear that Rachel's performance was miles better than Marcus'. LA and Nicole need to get their shit together.

As for Marcus, I completely agree. I honestly liked Intensity more than him. He's a nice kid. But there's no way he can step up to the R&B chart toppers. I'd still prefer to have Renee get kicked off before Marcus, cause Marcus can actually sing and dance. But I'm just biased against the Renee bandwagon. Once again, not like X Factor is all about talent anyway.
Advertisement

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0

Last edited by PJ; 12-09-2011 at 04:12 PM.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2011, 04:09 PM   #202
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
UK marcus > US marcus
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #203
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
I do like Paula on xfactor a lot better than Paula on American Idol.

On AI, she seemed to be a bit of an airhead and never really gave constructive criticism. It was like she was there just for a laugh.

She come across a lot more professional this time and all her experience in the music industry is showing.

It will be interesting to see if AI changes its format at all to be more like XF. I am enjoying the fast eliminations...it is far to stretched out on AI.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #204
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
^Valid points..

America should've voted properly, and Nicole should've judged properly.

The only one who judges correctly is Simon. Paula's alright too, though she's sometimes too positive, so the contestants think they're doing fine when they're not. Nicole and LA are acting like agents instead of judges. But I guess it's their first time, and Simon and Paula have had experience on Idol.

What's the point of a "save me" song if the judges aren't going to judge them by that song? It was crystal clear that Rachel's performance was miles better than Marcus'. LA and Nicole need to get their shit together.

As for Marcus, I completely agree. I honestly liked Intensity more than him. He's a nice kid. But there's no way he can step up to the R&B chart toppers. I'd still prefer to have Renee get kicked off before Marcus, cause Marcus can actually sing and dance. But I'm just biased against the Renee bandwagon. Once again, not like X Factor is all about talent anyway.
^Good post.

My thoughts:

Chris Rene is not bad, but you can find someone just like him at any coffee shop open mike night..not a world class talent in my mind.

Rachel..she is cute as a button and a very good entertainer for her age, but they way she broke down on stage shows that she is not deserving of the contract..she's just a kid, not a professional. Give her a few years to grow up and Im sure she will have a great career.

You guys are spot on about Marcus..just another boring R&B singer.

Melanie..she has amazing singing talent but there isn't anything unique about her.

Josh has a great, unique tone to his voice. Good range, really awesome singer in my mind - I hope he wins.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #205
PJ

^Thanks brother.

Good to know I'm not the only one not hopping on the Chris Renee train. But I guess he does entertain the average music listener. Any musician or true music fanatic can see right through his gimmicks. I work with 16 year old kids with more talent than him.

When it comes to Melanie, I know everyone says she lacks character, but look at Leona Lewis.

I really hope Josh or Melanie wins, but really, judging by Youtube views, Chris looks like he's leading. Again, it all depends on who votes, right?

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 12-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #206
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Nichole is just wack she cant judge properly.

Her emotions are everywhere n it affects her role as a judge.

If she had just voted rachel through she wouldnt have to deal with all the guilt of putting them through deadlock and finding out that rachel had the lowest votes.

It was sad to see rachel go, but only because of the lack of maturity from Nichole.

NICOLE Y U NO VOTE?!?!
robotmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #207
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
X Factor UK just finished their season. These were the final two contestants:

Winner:
Spoiler!
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #208
PJ

Paula & Lakoda Rayne, that's how it's done.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 12-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #209
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Watching some of this week's performances. Haven't seen the results yet.

...okay, singing Hallelujah is just cheating. It's such a great song that it sounds good from anyone.

Chris Rene always seems out of breath.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #210
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Rene has the fan base regardless... relapse if he loses? Chances of that are slim though, lol

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #211
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Nicole gave a good performance tonight. Yeah, her emotions affect her ability to judge the performers. This former PCD definitely looks better on the stage performing than judging on the panel.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:46 AM   #212
PJ

Results were expected.

It pains me to say it, but I have a disgusting feeling that Renee could win this whole thing.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 12-16-2011, 06:57 AM   #213
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
If Rene wins this good for him because I think he will benefit more then anyone else out of it.

Who got kicked off yesterday anyways?
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #214
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

^Agreed.. I wouldn't mind seeing Rene win..I'm sure Melanie and Josh will be signed elsewhere anyways...

Has melanie ever moved around the stage at all this entire competition? I swear, everytiem i catch the show she's just standing in the middle lol...
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:12 AM   #215
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I think Melanie has moved left and right once or twice but that's about it. Yes she is great but she has no stage presence what so ever and that is a very large part of this competition.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2011, 07:24 AM   #216
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
^Agreed.. I wouldn't mind seeing Rene win..I'm sure Melanie and Josh will be signed elsewhere anyways...

Has melanie ever moved around the stage at all this entire competition? I swear, everytiem i catch the show she's just standing in the middle lol...
I pray that Renee does not win. But from the looks of things, he might just.
I know I've been roasting him a lot. But can you honestly say this guy is worth 5 million? Sub-par guitar playing, gimmicky originals, can't rap, can't sing?

Melanie is a church/soul/ballad singer..
Have you ever seen Celine Dion or Leona Lewis bounce around the stage?

Remember how much of a disaster it was when Stacy Francis tried to jump around?

I do want to see Josh move around more. With his strong voice, he should have a lot more energy on stage. It always seems like he's holding back.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2011, 08:18 AM   #217
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

How old is stacy and how old is melanie? I'm sure Melanie can do better.. unless of course she just can't dance/move around.... she can just walk or something LOL..

I guess I just see Melanie to be more of a Jennifer Hudson/Beyonce/Mariah...than celine

I honestly don't care who wins as I was rooting for Astro and Marcus... I hope Canty does songs like KC and JOJO did as those songs suits him better than damn bobby brown shit lol
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #218
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Melanie and Josh do have outstanding voices. Hope they win
franklucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #219
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I wonder if the Judges knows the # of votes?
If they do know the total amount of votes for each contestant, they probably know who was gonna win weeks ago.
Looks like Rene is on cruise control and going to win this with or without a great performance.
He could probably sing young homie next week and win.
TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #220
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
How old is stacy and how old is melanie? I'm sure Melanie can do better.. unless of course she just can't dance/move around.... she can just walk or something LOL..

I guess I just see Melanie to be more of a Jennifer Hudson/Beyonce/Mariah...than celine
Age doesn't matter.. it's your genre. And if anything, Melanie would be closest to Leona.

She's not like Beyonce/Mariah at all.. If she was like them, she wouldn't have been singing ballads all season, and would've done some more in-your-face punchy dancy songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSalesman View Post
I wonder if the Judges knows the # of votes?
If they do know the total amount of votes for each contestant, they probably know who was gonna win weeks ago.
Looks like Rene is on cruise control and going to win this with or without a great performance.
He could probably sing young homie next week and win.
I doubt the judges know the number of votes. But judging from Youtube views, Renee is killing it.
I wouldn't be surprised if he sang his song for the third time in one season. Not like he has anything else in his toolbox. Seriously, I personally don't see the star in Renee at all. But I guess a couple mediocre songs and a rehab story is all it takes to catch America's votes.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 12-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #221
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
I really want Josh to win.

To beat the dead horse again...Melanie is a great singer, but she is SO boring and Chris really can't do anything (sing, rap, dance, etc)

I think Josh is SUPER talented and I would actually pay to see him in concert...it also helps that his music is that type I like (rock, alternative, etc)

I find it interesting that the final 3 are all so VERY different. Will be an interesting show next week...
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #222
PJ

I love Josh, but Melanie's technique and skills are way better.

It's kinda funny.

Melanie: talent > marketability
Josh: talent = marketability
Chris: talent < marketability

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #223
How I Mod your mother

I wouldnt say Melanie's skills are better, she just has that strong Beyonce/Mariah Carey voice that people love. She always does the same type of stuff, Josh is more versatile. For me, Josh's voice has an originality to it. I'd also pay to see Josh in concert.

But that's just me
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #224
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Yeah but Beyonce and Mariah are hot.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #225
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I on the other hand would like Chris Rene to win for these reasons:
1) Inspirational -
Anybody that can turn their life around, even after Meth is inspiring. I've seen people that had everything in life completely destroyed by this drug. As a rapper and a writer, these real life experience will make him more genuine to what his lyrics say or else you would just be a poser like Rick Ross (aka officer Ricky)

2) Writer & composer
The talent of composing your music, writing your lyrics, and performing the final product. Young Homie on youtube has over 10 million hits, and his original material is starting to be talked about more and more. He will sell records, L.A. Reid knows that, and alot of people notice a little favoritism that he has with Chris.

If this was American Idol then I can see why Melanie or Josh deserves to win. But on X-factor where its not only about the voice, Chris has my vote.