REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #51
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancity/Toronto
Posts: 3,181
Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
I'd take the Lexus any day.. something about the interior in the newer Lexus is just super comfortable, and all the toys and gadgets are in the perfect places.
Advertisement
__________________
Studies show 100% of people die.. Might as well have some fun.

Hello my name is PJ.


Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:42 AM   #52
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LM
Posts: 350
Thanked 123 Times in 53 Posts
G25.

Much cheaper.
Over9K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:08 AM   #53
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!
 
Teknique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 46
Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Nice, grats on making the choice.

I was actually pondering the same choice recently: IS250/350 F-Sport, 3 Series, A4/5. I pretty much had my heart set on the 350 but was informed they would have to order one and it wouldn't get here til Feb. With the Toyota 86 / Subbie BRZ coming in March... That throws another car in the mix! I like the attributes of the 86 quite a lot, and the difference in price is another factor.
Teknique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #54
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,336
Thanked 1,830 Times in 589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.w *// View Post
The only reason I would choose audi over lexus is their led drl and led tail lights
anyone who doesnt take the $919 option for LEDs is just plain stupid. The LEDs are one of the main reasons the A4s looks so modern and stylish.
__________________
16 GT3 RS
11 R8 V10
17 Long beach blue M2
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #55
My homepage has been set to RS
 
melloman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: #604
Posts: 2,267
Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
GRIM...

If I were you I'd look into the IS350 unless AWD is a must for you. Just saying everybody likes a bit more power..

From a maintenance standpoint.. good choice. Audi's are good until you hit around 100k, then the replacements start. =]
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #56
I help report spam so I got this! <--
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,800
Thanked 1,103 Times in 505 Posts
None of the above.

Buy a slightly used TL-S. Beastly engine, serious suspension, giant brakes, luxury all over the place, Honda reliability. And cheaper.

Buy an IS250 to make it look like an IS-F....
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #57
I AM
 
Groot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,456
Thanked 1,270 Times in 289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
GRIM...

If I were you I'd look into the IS350 unless AWD is a must for you. Just saying everybody likes a bit more power..

From a maintenance standpoint.. good choice. Audi's are good until you hit around 100k, then the replacements start. =]

if im not mistaken, can't you get AWD with the IS350 now?

searched for it. heres the link

2012 IS 350 AWD Overview
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #58
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
Grim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: B.C
Posts: 1,654
Thanked 2,502 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknique View Post
Nice, grats on making the choice.

I was actually pondering the same choice recently: IS250/350 F-Sport, 3 Series, A4/5. I pretty much had my heart set on the 350 but was informed they would have to order one and it wouldn't get here til Feb. With the Toyota 86 / Subbie BRZ coming in March... That throws another car in the mix! I like the attributes of the 86 quite a lot, and the difference in price is another factor.
need a sedan.
had a coupe before and it was very inconvenient.
i like the BRZ/86, but not suitable for me/my situation.
Cant be driving a miata sized sports car to see clients >_>;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
None of the above.

Buy a slightly used TL-S. Beastly engine, serious suspension, giant brakes, luxury all over the place, Honda reliability. And cheaper.

Buy an IS250 to make it look like an IS-F....
i did think about the current TSX, but im not a honda/acura guy
*incoming fail storm*
the IS-F was just a food for thought, i probably wont have money to do it anyways
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #59
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LM
Posts: 350
Thanked 123 Times in 53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
None of the above.

Buy a slightly used TL-S. Beastly engine, serious suspension, giant brakes, luxury all over the place, Honda reliability. And cheaper.

Buy an IS250 to make it look like an IS-F....

-_-

Not luxury...at all.
Over9K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #60
NLY
Helps you change your flat, doesn't hit on your girlfriend while doing so
 
NLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Kitsilano
Posts: 914
Thanked 1,755 Times in 277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
need a sedan.
had a coupe before and it was very inconvenient.
i like the BRZ/86, but not suitable for me/my situation.
Cant be driving a miata sized sports car to see clients >_>;;
Will you be using the car as a business expense?
__________________
_

2016-2017 Revscene Fantasy Basketball Champion
NLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net