REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   IS250 F-sport or A4 Premium? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/656950-is250-f-sport-a4-premium.html)

Grim 11-04-2011 06:35 PM

IS250 F-sport or A4 Premium?

hihi,

I've sold my car about a year n a half ago, and have been driving my parents car since. I think after this winter season i will b purchasing a car of my own again.
I want to buy a car that will last me in the long run. I dont plan on buying a new car after this; maybe until i start a family or something.

Right now, with the selections i can chose from I've narrowed it down to the LEXUS IS250 F-sport or the AUDI A4.

Both car is about the same price range, but the options in the lexus has much more.

I have heard reviews that the lexus is more comfortable for long trip or city driving compared to the audi. The lexus f-sport has the gps/back up camera i need incase my sister or mom takes my car.
Unfortunately the Audi, at the same price does not come with any of that other than the updated look.

I just want some feed back on both cars.

NLY 11-04-2011 06:49 PM

Lexus for the win!

Trouble free maintenance and a really Comfortable ride.

The only complaints I've had are the cramped back seats.

pk_volt 11-04-2011 07:47 PM

Lexus ftw!

Although it's pretty much hopeless in terms of modding it for higher performance, but the ISx50 series are known to have a very good combination of comfort and sporty suspension. Interior is super nice, and Lexus is known to have the BEST leather interior. And Maintenence free is also a huge plus!

Grim 11-04-2011 08:04 PM

thx for feed back :D

NLY 11-04-2011 08:20 PM

Forgot to add, the mark levinson audio system sounds awesome as well.

Lamboda 11-04-2011 08:28 PM

Lexus is really good in terms of price for quality. The engine runs silky smooth and the ride is comfortable. The leather in Lexus' cars feel pretty nice and are also durable. Maintenance is cheap and easy, and there won't be many huge problems unless you drive is super hard. I grew up riding around in my Lexus IS300 all my life and to be honest, I've driven a lot of cars too. Sure there could be more power, but it'd be my daily driver even if I did own any other car.

Grim 11-04-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamboda (Post 7677002)
Lexus is really good in terms of price for quality. The engine runs silky smooth and the ride is comfortable. The leather in Lexus' cars feel pretty nice and are also durable. Maintenance is cheap and easy, and there won't be many huge problems unless you drive is super hard. I grew up riding around in my Lexus IS300 all my life and to be honest, I've driven a lot of cars too. Sure there could be more power, but it'd be my daily driver even if I did own any other car.

not looking for power, just comfort and looks haha

mmmk 11-04-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rizo (Post 7676866)
Lexus for the win!

Trouble free maintenance and a really Comfortable ride.

The only complaints I've had are the cramped back seats.

I agree with the back seats. If the driver/passenger are any taller than 5'11", don't bother having ppl sit in the back!

Energy 11-04-2011 09:39 PM

I played around with the configurators for those cars.

MSRP for the 2012 IS250 6 speed is $32,900 plus about $5000 with sport package. Very basic but the sport package makes it look and perform more aggressively.

MSRP for the 2012 FWD A4 is $37,800, AWD 6 speed is $39,700. Pretty basic with not much features. You don't even get HIDs or those fancy LED drls.

Audi is newer but the Lexus has more toys. This is a tough one but for me the sport packaged IS250 is a bit better than a plain A4. And somehow I'm still not so sure.

busdriverman 11-04-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim (Post 7676851)

I want to buy a car that will last me in the long run.

the lexus will be the better choice as maintenance is more affordable and the engine in the Lexus is NA

Quote:

but the options in the lexus has much more.

the lexus has more value because it comes with more but costs less

Quote:

Unfortunately the Audi, at the same price does not come with any of that other than the updated look.

the audi's exterior gets the points here, but do the aesthetics of the audi outweigh the reliability and value of the lexus? if you can answer this question, then you may have figured out what your next car will be!!

monkeywrench 11-04-2011 10:09 PM

Being around Audi's all the time, I'd rather be in the Lexus. Maintenance-wise, Audi's are costly, unless you purchase Audi-care which is approx. $750. But everything after warranty's out, its gonna be hella pricey.

dlo 11-04-2011 10:09 PM

lexus ftw lol, comfort and look wins it IMO i think you can mod it nicely too ahah so much potential

TOPEC 11-04-2011 10:13 PM

If ur gonna settle for a a4 fwd then dont bother, but if ur considering the a4 awd then I'd get the a4 over the is
Posted via RS Mobile

parm104 11-04-2011 10:18 PM

Generally I would suggest Audi even though they are known to be high-maintenance and have horrible depreciation value. The reason I say go with the Lexus is because the A4 Premium doesn't give you anything. The features that come in the Premium model should be there STANDARD. The downside to getting the Lexus is that the A4 would be more fun to drive because of it's 2L FSI Turbo, and the Lexus style (interior and exterior) is outdated and long overdue for an update.

At the end of the day, it's all about bang for you buck and a Premium model A4 won't give you that. Ditto with any 3 series BMW, you simply don't get the amenities that you get today in a Lexus or Infiniti for the same price. Lastly, I don't think you're considering a Quattro so the 4 wheel drive benefit isn't even relevant here.

Go with the Lexus!

alex.w *// 11-04-2011 10:33 PM

The only reason I would choose audi over lexus is their led drl and led tail lights

TRDood 11-04-2011 10:58 PM

2012 Lexus IS also have those LEDs too :troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

bcrdukes 11-04-2011 11:10 PM

FWD Audi? :fuckthatshit:

Sky_High 11-04-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDood (Post 7677157)
2012 Lexus IS also have those LEDs too :troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

So does the Hyundai Veloster :troll:

crazyazn 11-04-2011 11:16 PM

Maybe I'm weird but my line of thought has always been: top of the line lower class > base model higher class

With that logic, I would go for the Lexus. Also, make sure you are not going for performance because the Audi is MUCH MUCH easier to get power from with the turbo. On the other hand the V6 will sound a whole lot better, especially with an exhaust. Handling-wise, I'm guessing the IS should be better with the F-Sport package.

Looks are subjective, but like what someone else said I wouldn't even bother with an A4 if it wasn't with the premium package with the LED DRLs. Also, I'm sure there are JDM parts available for the Lexus.

Good luck with your decision.

Culture_Vulture 11-04-2011 11:27 PM

Lexus!

(fanboy)

maxx 11-04-2011 11:37 PM

Audi.

Go drive one and find out why you pay more.

parm104 11-05-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex.w *// (Post 7677129)
The only reason I would choose audi over lexus is their led drl and led tail lights

A common misconception. The LED DRL's are not standard on the A4's. They've never been. It's always been an option and comes with the lighting package. Audi Bi-Xenon Plus Headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights...To get this "lighting package" as I call it, it will cost you $1,000...

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyazn (Post 7677181)
Maybe I'm weird but my line of thought has always been: top of the line lower class > base model higher class

Not weird at all. People have a mentality that because of a name or reputation, that a vehicle is guaranteed to be superior when that is far from the truth. A lot of people buy vehicles for the name. Simply so that they can say that they "drive/own" a BMW or Mercedes and recently, Audi has been thrown into that category. I would rather have a fully loaded Honda Accord than a base mode 3 series.

The only thing that I guess would justify purchasing a base model car like a 3 series over lets say a loaded Honda, would be if that person didn't care about "Features" and was strictly concerned with purchasing a "driver's car."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I personally love Audi's. I'm now on my 3rd one and have owned a variety of Japanese vehicles and (a) BMW. My experience with Audi has been phenomenal thus far. I just picked up my newest one about 2 weeks ago. It is loaded with everything possible and it drives like a machine. The interior is made out of high quality parts and finished very nicely. My alternative was a BMW 335 or a Infiniti G37S. At the end of the day, the 335 lacked features and only have power and exterior styling. The Infiniti had power and features but lacked quality of parts and finishing inside the vehicle. The Audi I picked up had all three and more. You should also take into account with the Lexus, you're moving up to a bigger engine, but with less power...SLIGHTLY worse fuel consumption with no gains in performance...

I think we can agree that exterior styling on both vehicle are very nice. Focus on the interior. This is what you would get with your IS F-Sport:

http://enterrocks.com/wp-content/upl...allpaper-2.jpg

This is what you would get with you Audi A4:

http://0.tqn.com/d/cars/1/0/j/h/1/ag_09a4avant_dash.jpg

http://www.audileasespecials.com/wp-...rior-front.jpg

dogeatcookie 11-05-2011 12:34 AM

Spoiler!

I love how you chose the ugliest color combination for the Audi :suspicious:

This is more like it

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3062/...43f29e19a1.jpg

Oh and Quattro FTW!

parm104 11-05-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogeatcookie (Post 7677259)

I love how you chose the ugliest color combination for the Audi :suspicious:

This is more like it

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3062/...43f29e19a1.jpg

Oh and Quattro FTW!

...This isn't an opportunity to see the nicest possible trims available bud. Did you search "oMGz dope Audi A4 interior" or "Audi A4 base interior"...

One of us posted a realistic picture and the other posted a dream. My picture is exactly how his car will look like, plus or minus the color of the seats and trim inlay option.

OP is talking about a $40,000 car and you're posting pics of a $60,000 car...You win.

dogeatcookie 11-05-2011 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 7677266)
...This isn't an opportunity to see the nicest possible trims available bud. Did you search "oMGz dope Audi A4 interior" or "Audi A4 base interior"...

One of us posted a realistic picture and the other posted a dream. My picture is exactly how his car will look like, plus or minus the color of the seats and trim inlay option.

OP is talking about a $40,000 car and you're posting pics of a $60,000 car...You win.

Of course I know the difference between your picture and the one I posted. Mine is equipped with MMI and S-line, yours isn't. But the picture you posted is hands down THE ugliest combination of trim, compared to a fairly good looking picture of the Lexus' interior. If the A4 had black instead of beige interior, it'll look light years better than what was shown above. I wasn't criticizing you at all so take it easy bruh :fuckthatshit: