REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #26
NLY
Helps you change your flat, doesn't hit on your girlfriend while doing so

Thanked 1,756 Times in 278 Posts
^^better than them not having to pay anything with the feeling that they did nothing wrong.

its the principal that counts, just because they don't give a shit about their car doesn't mean everyone thinks the same way.

You dinged my car, hey that's fine apologize but if your going to yell at me and tell me its nothing? that ain't right.

OP claim it!

I've had my little brother open the door carelessly several times in the parking lot and luckily he never dent anyone's car. I've taught him to stop doing it but he's just excited.

Regardless of a beater or an exotic, its someone else's property and you have to respect it.
Advertisement

2016-2017 Revscene Fantasy Basketball Champion
NLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:06 PM   #27
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

^He already called ICBC. See post 10. Lol
alcoolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #28
retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuka84 View Post
you're going to make a claim with ICBC to which they will easily pay back ICBC for the repairs. You think the third party will learn a lesson from being forced to pay back a few dollars?

Man up and live with it. Settle it in person with the third party when the incident first presented itself.
That is besides the point.

You'd be surprised how many people want to settle out of insurance, only to realize what they thought would be a few hundred become a thousand or more.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #29
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuka84 View Post
you're going to make a claim with ICBC to which they will easily pay back ICBC for the repairs. You think the third party will learn a lesson from being forced to pay back a few dollars?

Man up and live with it. Settle it in person with the third party when the incident first presented itself.
I highly doubt they would agree to settle the 'incident' when they denied any damage in the first place.
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #30
Rs has made me the man i am today!

When I read "Man up and live with it. Settle it in person with the third party when the incident first presented itself." this is what I pictured in my head

Going to bring my car in next week. They also said they have to look at his car. I doubt they'll see much damage on the corner of his door.
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:19 PM   #31
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I think you will have a tough time with ICBC. Proving that their door actually caused the damage to your door is tough.

It's your words against theirs, and you will have to provide solid evidence (e.g. a video of their door making contact with your door) for ICBC to make any rulings.

I know it's shitty but that's how things work. Unless you have third party witness seeing the whole incident and is willing to make an ICBC statement.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote