REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Campus Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/campus-forum_20/)
-   -   BCIT parking (https://www.revscene.net/forums/658184-bcit-parking.html)

Ballz-jinder 11-22-2011 11:13 PM

BCIT parking

Yo man i've been a student for 3 months and I'm broke as fuck for paying 4.50 a day on parking I use for sometimes 2 hours. Wherz the parking at?

DIEH4RD 11-23-2011 08:00 AM

Parking is a bitch a BCIT. Try garden grove dr or westminister ave behind BCIT. Usually wesministet is filled with cars early in the morning so try to go as early as possible. Garden Grove has 2hour parking but I'm not sure how often they check and ticket people.
Posted via RS Mobile

Glove 11-23-2011 08:10 AM

get a credit card,

and when you get it in the mail, dont activate it,

but use it anyway in the parking meters.

youl get free parking that way for a good month or 2 before they ban the cards number,

rinse repeat.

thats how I get free parking everywhere, I got free parking at bcit for a good solid year of juggling cards.

Unless they updated their booths and are now connected to the internet, then you cant do that,

but if its still those shitty yellow ones, then go for it

Fappin 11-23-2011 09:37 AM

^Wouldn't an empty visa gift card work as well?

Glove 11-23-2011 09:42 AM

^ ya probably, as long as the expiry date isnt expired, the machine cant tell whats the difference because its manual, not digital

aikenluu918 11-23-2011 01:01 PM

if youre broke, take the bus. upass comes with your tuition.
problem solved.

Okami 11-23-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aikenluu918 (Post 7700483)
if youre broke, take the bus. upass comes with your tuition.
problem solved.

not if you are a part time student. you arent even eligible if you are one.

my friend used to empty those gift card credit cards you buy from safeway and use them until the number was banned..

but she said the parking machines were changed, so empty cards dont work anymore

Ballz-jinder 11-23-2011 07:22 PM

thanks guys, yeah I guess parking on those other streets or that credit card option is the only chance.

k3lv 11-26-2011 12:46 PM

The cost adds up real fast. 3-4 days a week, next thing you know Im out $20

Eatman 11-26-2011 01:40 PM

I got my first parking ticket yesterday and I haven't been paying since september.. so far my savings outweighs the amount of this parking ticket which I probably won't even bother paying.

Matlock 11-26-2011 04:42 PM

I knew a guy who did security across Willingdon and had a parking pass for that whole strip that is usually empty. :)

nabs 11-26-2011 04:46 PM

but then when you are about to buy a house you will ask yourself... what happened to my credit rating....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glove (Post 7700135)
get a credit card,

and when you get it in the mail, dont activate it,

but use it anyway in the parking meters.

youl get free parking that way for a good month or 2 before they ban the cards number,

rinse repeat.

thats how I get free parking everywhere, I got free parking at bcit for a good solid year of juggling cards.

Unless they updated their booths and are now connected to the internet, then you cant do that,

but if its still those shitty yellow ones, then go for it

Porschedog 11-26-2011 04:50 PM

There are always parking spots on Moscrop across from the secondary school. Would probably only take you a 5-10 minute walk to campus.

ajax 11-26-2011 05:23 PM

Find someone elses stub and throw it on your dash
Posted via RS Mobile

S1 S2 11-26-2011 05:56 PM

Since I no longer enroll in Bcit I can tell you what we did. I took the Auto Collision course at 6:30 sharp in the morning. You will need a partner, pay for the spot and have your friend park in that paid stall, while with your ticket on your dash u can park anywhere else. Cut down half the cost since I had 4 days a week there(Pay 2 days each). Did that for a year.

** Also change your license plate after your 2nd ticket, cheaper that way.

Sky_High 11-27-2011 12:23 AM

Yo man!

http://buzzer.translink.ca/wp-conten...-farecards.jpg

+

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_EsEToOoMQp.../s1600/bus.jpg

sebTeggy 11-27-2011 08:43 AM

All these people telling you to take the bus. Fuck that, you have a car for a reason.

When I went to BCIT, you just had to pay for the parking spot by entering it into the machine. If you are coming late at night you could just park in any spot, its most likely paid for.

Im assuming you are doing night classes since you are p/t going 2 hours a day. If you are going to school between 10-12, then you will most likely need to suck it up, or park nearby and walk.

Its a fucking ripoff. University parking should be free.

EDIT: If $4.50 is bad, stay away from UBC, 14$ a day.

DavidNguyen 11-27-2011 09:40 AM

14 a day? What the fork
Posted via RS Mobile

Ikkaku 11-28-2011 03:59 PM

yeah, 4.50/day is nothing compared to the prices of UBC/SFU

SFU rates are 3.25/hr to a maximum of $13

Cillu 11-30-2011 03:25 AM

Rofl those prices are insane! And here I was thinking $4.50 a day is already pretty pricy.

What some people recommended in the other thread was to just park and not pay. After you get ticketed 3 or more times, change your license plate, rinse and repeat. I got ticketed only 3 times for the whole semester doing this and just sold my car later (upass came out the following semester). What I also did was park at the Moscrop parking lot when I'm not too lazy to walk. They don't care how long you park your car there for so don't worry, just don't park in the staff area.

Glove 11-30-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 7704415)
but then when you are about to buy a house you will ask yourself... what happened to my credit rating....

I bought a house,

my credit rating was not affected in the slightest,

I never activated the cards,

hence I never received them

blagh 12-01-2011 08:44 PM

will anything happen if they bust you using those credit cards? Has anyone here been caught?if so what happened to you?

LSF22 12-14-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porschedog (Post 7704424)
There are always parking spots on Moscrop across from the secondary school. Would probably only take you a 5-10 minute walk to campus.

Sry for bumping old thread...

Are there usually spots the whole day or just certain periods?

jasonc 01-04-2012 05:36 PM

the trades parking lot has free spots after 1:30 thats when i get out of auto class. thats the one near welding and auto shop

i was late to school once and it was only 7am. everything was full and i had to park at the other end. took 10min of walking.

jasonc 01-04-2012 05:37 PM

also i think finding parking is slim from 7am-12 since everyone starts class at that time and some people leave for lunch at 12. so at lunch it is the best time to steal there spot and usually they bought a ticket so free parking for rest of the day.