REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Failed 203 Times in 83 Posts
Advertisement
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #27
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,918 Times in 2,560 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by |<e|_ View Post
i rear ended a lady recently....no dmg on my bumper and a tiny scratch on hers...wanted to privately settle but she claims her back is in pain...
i'd be like and let icbc deal with it and rip her apart

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #28
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 187 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove View Post
good on you man^

unfortunately you wont get a letter of thanks or anything from icbc, nor will anyone pat you on the back,

all you did was miss out on 20+ grand
I didnt miss out on anything. If less people claim, the rates go down. In theory.
I can't see myself lying to my doctors, family + friends, co-workers for a couple years to get something in return for that.
You can't justify it because it's a big crown corp and they make billions every year.
I work for the Feds and even if I didn't I still wouldnt defraud the system like that unless something was physically wrong with me.
Posted via RS Mobile
s300ae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #29
NLY
Helps you change your flat, doesn't hit on your girlfriend while doing so

Thanked 1,756 Times in 278 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 41 Posts
^just keep an open mind because some injuries don't appear right away.

Give it sometime before you consider yourself 100%

but good job for not taking advantage of the situation

2016-2017 Revscene Fantasy Basketball Champion

Last edited by NLY; 11-30-2011 at 12:09 PM.
NLY is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #30
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 24 Times in 7 Posts
i crashed my bike so many times on the track including highsides, lowides, landing head first, on my shoulder...etc and i've never had any injuries that a day or two of rest and a trip to the chiropractor won't fix... i really don't understand how someone can claim 20k of injuries from a small bumper to bumper accident....=/
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2011, 12:44 PM   #31
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,691 Times in 1,078 Posts
Failed 150 Times in 73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove View Post
good on you man^

unfortunately you wont get a letter of thanks or anything from icbc, nor will anyone pat you on the back,

all you did was miss out on 20+ grand
you have a really shitty attitude there. that money doesnt come out of thin air, its paid for by others.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:01 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Failed 555 Times in 222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
Lol.. Gs500. Thats nuts... A gs 500 isnt even a sport bike I can't imagine how much an r6 our something would cost
Posted via RS Mobile
A sport or super sport would be nuts to insure as a new rider - and rightfully so. New drivers taking risks with vehicles like that should pay for those risks.

My brother now has 5yrs of riding and has a modified litre GSXR, pays $500/yr. So while I paid less to start, $1200 vs $3000, after 3 years I'm still paying $1000, and in 5 years will not be close to $500.

ICBC needs to do more to reward good drivers, yet for many on this forum that means they'll punish new drivers and their rates will go up while mine go down.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 805 Times in 81 Posts
hate icbc

Last edited by niu99; 11-30-2011 at 01:34 PM.
niu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #34
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 100 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
A sport or super sport would be nuts to insure as a new rider - and rightfully so. New drivers taking risks with vehicles like that should pay for those risks.

My brother now has 5yrs of riding and has a modified litre GSXR, pays $500/yr. So while I paid less to start, $1200 vs $3000, after 3 years I'm still paying $1000, and in 5 years will not be close to $500.

ICBC needs to do more to reward good drivers, yet for many on this forum that means they'll punish new drivers and their rates will go up while mine go down.
I can tell u a R6 in Ontario, Male, Under 25, Single(as in not married) is about 5-6K a yr.

Thats true, but there has to be a middle ground. If u look at how much icbc has 2 pay out per year, u'd shit ur pants.

As for the people scamming the system. Fk off, cuz ur not doing any1 here good in BC, ur the fking reason our rates go up. No matter how much u guys think icbc profits, it ends up in either payroll, retirement funds, and other things like adverts they put out/campaigns. Not to mention they help fund our cities fix the roads(thats what ur license fee is for). We prob have better kept roads then most parts of the world. After renting a car in cali, asia, arizona, our roads arnt bad for being battered all day with rain, snow, salt, dirt.

The only fking thing i hate..... bike lanes
-10 Fit
umpadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #35
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 24 Times in 7 Posts
i was paying roughly 330 a month for full coverage for my 07 r6 when i was 17.....=( it got too expensive so i traded it for a track bike *thumbsup
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #36
NLY
Helps you change your flat, doesn't hit on your girlfriend while doing so

Thanked 1,756 Times in 278 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 41 Posts
^^ jesus that's a lot.

I remember meeting a younger kid at PRS who was 18 I believe and he was paying about the same (per month) for a $3500 bike.

2016-2017 Revscene Fantasy Basketball Champion
NLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:16 PM   #37
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Failed 634 Times in 127 Posts
i realize the first thing people do in accidents is quickly bring up " ohhh.. that place kinda hurts ughhh " with the worst acting ever. everyone nowadays is damn hebrew and wants to milk their shit till theyre dry
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #38

speak of the devil...

some guy from i dont know where came knocking on my door this afternoon, telling me that this person is suing for injury claims on a car accident that i was in close to 2 years ago. I was at fault, but according to the document, the person who's claiming for injuries has a longgggg ass list of injuries with 1 in particular "nightmares".

Now, i'm in no place to judge how sever their injuries were, but IIRC, they only rear ended the person in front of them when the person in front of them braked to avoid me.

this is the first time ive been in this situation, but does ICBC deal with this? or do i get my own lawyer and what not?
Old 12-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #39
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Failed 1,279 Times in 298 Posts
so how bad do u think the accident was? lol ppl will try to milk w.e they can...
I got in a bad accident near the end of october, and TBH, i rather have my normal body back fuck, i have troubles sleeping and fat headaches when i wake up, my back aches, my neck is killing me and physio aint doing shit, and my doctor is drugging me up with t3s and percs, fucking expensive for physio too, mines a legit claim and it just sucks.. fuck, i'd be more than happy to be paid for all my physio, and w.e it takes to get me back to close to 100%, people see car accidents a way to milk some money
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheDLo View Post
so how bad do u think the accident was? lol ppl will try to milk w.e they can...
I got in a bad accident near the end of october, and TBH, i rather have my normal body back fuck, i have troubles sleeping and fat headaches when i wake up, my back aches, my neck is killing me and physio aint doing shit, and my doctor is drugging me up with t3s and percs, fucking expensive for physio too, mines a legit claim and it just sucks.. fuck, i'd be more than happy to be paid for all my physio, and w.e it takes to get me back to close to 100%, people see car accidents a way to milk some money
hah wow.. that must suck..

my accident was bad, i basically had to swerve into a ditch to avoid the oncoming car, but my gf at the time and i surprisingly suffered no injuries (or any that i know of). The person suing is either the car that braked and got rear ended, or the car that rear ended the person infront of them.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #41
& Associates Inc.

Thanked 1,215 Times in 409 Posts
Failed 124 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
speak of the devil...

some guy from i dont know where came knocking on my door this afternoon, telling me that this person is suing for injury claims on a car accident that i was in close to 2 years ago. I was at fault, but according to the document, the person who's claiming for injuries has a longgggg ass list of injuries with 1 in particular "nightmares".

Now, i'm in no place to judge how sever their injuries were, but IIRC, they only rear ended the person in front of them when the person in front of them braked to avoid me.

this is the first time ive been in this situation, but does ICBC deal with this? or do i get my own lawyer and what not?
ICBC will deal with this as long as you had the appropriate coverage, if you want you can send the papers u were served to your adjuster, but I believe they receive a copy themselves...ICBC is a "lawyer" on your behalf and get one of their lawyers to fight the case for you
Also you may have to go to court but this is unlikely because for the most part ICBC settles outside of court, especially for something like nightmares and what have you

Once ICBC gets their copy you will receive a notice in the mail and I believe a phone call from the lawyer representing you
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2011, 07:28 AM   #42
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Failed 190 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
speak of the devil...

Is this over 2 years or under 2 years? The Limitations Act says that a person only has 2 years to sue, if they choose to, with an exception to children, disabled persons, and mentally incompetent persons.

Anyhow, ICBC will help you out.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #43

One question. Will my insurance go up if the other person does claim money? Sigh... This is too gay
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-05-2011, 11:42 PM   #44
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
One question. Will my insurance go up if the other person does claim money? Sigh... This is too gay
Posted via RS Mobile
If you premiums have already been affected, the no, there will not be an additional increase. Thats the point of having sufficient third party liability. If you had repaid the other party's damage, and then they present an injury claim and the injury claim is accepted, ICBC will refund the money back to you. The more years of safe driving you have, the less the effect to your insurance premiums.
Hawflakes03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #45
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
Is this over 2 years or under 2 years? The Limitations Act says that a person only has 2 years to sue, if they choose to, with an exception to children, disabled persons, and mentally incompetent persons.

Anyhow, ICBC will help you out.
Its one of the main reasons why people are served near the 2 year limitation period. Law firms want to maintain the right to deal with the claim past the limitation period. When they have served and the matter is proceeding through the courts, the limitation period does not apply.
Hawflakes03 is offline   Reply With Quote