REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bowen Island
Posts: 1,605
Thanked 525 Times in 148 Posts
Adam Carolla Rant on Occupy Wall Street idiots


This guy hits the nail straight on.
Why do some people earn 5x or way more than others? Because they worked their ass off or used their brain or went to school for 10 years.
How do people afford to live in expensive houses? Because they worked their ass off
ETC.
Advertisement
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
ProBoostin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 143
Thanked 184 Times in 48 Posts
9094304.jpg
ProBoostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,625
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,486 Posts
Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:
The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
The fifth would pay $1.
The sixth would pay $3.
The seventh would pay $7.
The eighth would pay $12.
The ninth would pay $18.
The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.
So, that's what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. "Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20."

Drinks for the ten now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men - the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his 'fair share?' They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so:
The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.
"I only got a dollar out of the $20," declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, "but he got $10!"
"Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got ten times more than I!"
"That's true!!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!"
"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!"
The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.
The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA
 
Spartacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Batiatus Ludus
Posts: 856
Thanked 187 Times in 64 Posts
rant breakdown starts at 1:13

/endthread



Last edited by Spartacus; 12-03-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
I help report spam so I got this! <--
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,867
Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
"I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables – slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars, but we won't. We're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
EmperorIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: home
Posts: 2,821
Thanked 3,836 Times in 875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightmaskman View Post
rant breakdown starts at 1:13

/endthread


Adam Carolla Occupy Wall Street Rant (Breakdown) - YouTube
TYT would be right, but the general protesters at these occupy wall streets are not there for those issues.

Proof would be the list of demands they made. the demands are beyond far fetch.

the majority of protesters that are at these occupy wall street gatherings are nothing but sore losers
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
I STILL don't get it
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancity
Posts: 467
Thanked 531 Times in 138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
"I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables – slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars, but we won't. We're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
Pissed off because you lack the intellect to separate fact from fiction?
Pissed off because you were raised in a climate past generations fought so hard for?
Pissed off because you were given things past generations could only dream of?
Once again, pissed off because you can't separate necessities from what someone on TV tells you?
Basically pissed because your stupid and self-entitled?
Wow, great reasons to be pissed.
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #8
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA
 
Spartacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Batiatus Ludus
Posts: 856
Thanked 187 Times in 64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
TYT would be right, but the general protesters at these occupy wall streets are not there for those issues.

Proof would be the list of demands they made. the demands are beyond far fetch.
Please don't get the demands of Occupy Vancouver mixed up with Occupy Wall street.


Occupy Wall Street protesters regroup after tent cities are cleared, consider political demands - The Washington Post

Quote:
The Associated Press gathered a list of proposals from Occupy protests across the country. Here is a selection:

—Reinstate portions of the Depression-era Glass-Steagall Act that were repealed in 1999. The act had prevented bank holding companies from getting into certain other types of financial ventures, effectively separating investment banking and commercial banking.

— Freeze all property foreclosures; cap interest charges at 6 percent or less.

— Reduce military spending; stop wars that drain financial resources.

— Reparations; make government payments to the descendants of African slaves to reset a broken, unbalanced economy.

— Ban big corporate donations to campaigns and set equal spending limits.

— Instill a fair conscience and a sense of morality into the minds of big decision makers.

— Revamp the tax code to take a higher percentage of multimillionaires’ earnings. Ensure that Wall Street and big companies pay higher business taxes.

— Equalize public education by paying fairly and proportionately for the entire U.S. population, regulating spending by student and not by school district.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
EmperorIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: home
Posts: 2,821
Thanked 3,836 Times in 875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightmaskman View Post
Please don't get the demands of Occupy Vancouver mixed up with Occupy Wall street.


Occupy Wall Street protesters regroup after tent cities are cleared, consider political demands - The Washington Post
I did not get them mixed

edit: bad source

edit 2:
http://occupywallst.org/forum/propos...all-st-moveme/
actually, it isn't a bad source because it reflected the majority of the protester's state of mind. The issue the core occupy group is dealing with is real. but the majority of the people who are protesting are protesting for the wrong reasons
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA
 
Spartacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Batiatus Ludus
Posts: 856
Thanked 187 Times in 64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
I did not get them mixed

edit: bad source

edit 2:
Forum Post: Proposed List Of Demands For Occupy Wall St Movement! | OccupyWallSt.org
actually, it isn't a bad source because it reflected the majority of the protester's state of mind. The issue the core occupy group is dealing with is real. but the majority of the people who are protesting are protesting for the wrong reasons




Quote:
Forum Post: Proposed List Of Demands For Occupy Wall St Movement!

Posted 2 months ago on Sept. 25, 2011, 3:46 p.m. EST by anonymous
This content is user submitted and not an official statement

Admin note: This is not an official list of demands. This is a forum post submitted by a single user and hyped by irresponsible news/commentary agencies like Fox News and Mises.org. This content was not published by the OccupyWallSt.org collective, nor was it ever proposed or agreed to on a consensus basis with the NYC General Assembly. There is NO official list of demands.


Move on folks, nothing to see here.

Last edited by Spartacus; 12-03-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #11
I help report spam so I got this! <--
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,867
Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstce92 View Post
Pissed off because you lack the intellect to separate fact from fiction?
Pissed off because you were raised in a climate past generations fought so hard for?
Pissed off because you were given things past generations could only dream of?
Once again, pissed off because you can't separate necessities from what someone on TV tells you?
Basically pissed because your stupid and self-entitled?
Wow, great reasons to be pissed.
You realize it's in quotation?
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #12
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 33,886
Thanked 12,616 Times in 4,823 Posts
he 100% hits the nail on the head with the "participation ribbon generation"

the school system and society as a whole created the "99%" by pushing through kids who had no business graduating, the kid who is naturally smart and works hard to get straight A's in highly academic courses is in many ways equivalent to the dumb ass fuck who can barely read who works for 3 months at mcdonalds in order to get the "equivelency" of the kid who worked hard and is actually talented/smart
__________________
Dank memes cant melt steel beams
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #13
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 4,457
Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightmaskman View Post
rant breakdown starts at 1:13

/endthread


Adam Carolla Occupy Wall Street Rant (Breakdown) - YouTube
He makes some good points in this video.
But, I think the main message of occupy wall street is uncertain because there is no leader.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #14
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon
 
Nightwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,655
Thanked 443 Times in 188 Posts
He's great at ranting about shit.

Doesn't mean that OWS isn't legitimate, and it's only the beginning if things continue the way they're going down south.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
He makes some good points in this video.
But, I think the main message of occupy wall street is uncertain because there is no leader.
I think the message is pretty clear.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
who would ban me? lol. Look at my post count.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:42 PM   #15
Need my Daily Fix of RS
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 251
Thanked 82 Times in 44 Posts
LoL ... I thought OWS meant occupy wall street ( people against those wall street executives that destroyed the American economy)
Haven't seen a movement in hollywood, or even a movement against big business. Last I checked the people loved Steve Jobs, and I'm still down with John Travolta even though how rich he is.
This guys deserves to be in Jail though....
http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...877326,00.html
__________________
echo comming for you!

Last edited by hillmar; 12-03-2011 at 09:47 PM.
hillmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #16
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
EmperorIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: home
Posts: 2,821
Thanked 3,836 Times in 875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightmaskman View Post


Move on folks, nothing to see here.
Maybe u should read my entire post before trying to look awesome
Posted via RS Mobile
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #17
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,625
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,486 Posts
he makes a few good points, about how our generation was brought up to feel special and all that crap.

now the scary thing is, have you guys seen the elementary schools now?
have you seen how they treat them and how they're taught to treat others?

they're 100x as soft as us.


LOL BUT I SAY THATS OKAY!

cuz in this world of losers and people that arent willing to work hard.

all you gotta do is work a little harder, and steal all their cash, what a buncha fucking losers.

im for the 1% even though i'm not quite there yet.

you know why? cuz im going to be the 1%. that is my goal. the 1% gets nothing handed to them. they work for everything.

not just in school or your job. but ALL ASPECTS of life.
you have to go beyond the expectations.
you have to work MORE than you think.

you have to put passion into EVERY ASPECT of your life.
don't make up excuses as to why you suck. that is the REASON you suck.

if you don't put passion into your hobby, how are you expected to put passion into your job?
if you dont put passion into your job, or into those menial tasks such as, doing your dishes, ironing your clothes, folding your bed sheets. how are you expected to run a fortune 500 company?

those moments where you're too tired to do that small task, and you say to yourself "fuckit, i'll do it later (probably not)", thats the difference between the 1% and the 99%.

im not gonna fight the 1%. im going to join them, even if that means stepping on the 99%.


i know a lot of you guys are gonna be like

ohhh, but that rich honger/mainlander whatever (insert rich stereotype in vancouver), got EVERYTHING handed to him.

well no duh shit of course they did, cuz they're the children of the 1%.

now ask yourself, what did their parents do? their parents had to work hard to be that 1%.
their children are a by product of it.

just like your children will be a by product of your laziness. they'll be nobodies, and think like you, just like you, cuz you didnt work hard.

you parents always tell you to study hard, work hard or whatever. its cuz so you wont end up like them. fuckin no bodies. if you can be better person than your parents, even if its just by a little, then you have succeeded. and if you kids can do the same, eventually someone down your bloodline will become the 1%. that's all that matters.

some empires are built in one lifetime, but most arent. it takes generations of handing down knowledge and passion to build something great. some people are lucky, but you can't rely on luck, just like you cant rely on that lotto ticket that sooo many of you do.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 12-03-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #18
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,310
Thanked 580 Times in 230 Posts
Thats the point it has to be a group effort , big power/big gov corrupts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
He makes some good points in this video.
But, I think the main message of occupy wall street is uncertain because there is no leader.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:55 PM   #19
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,310
Thanked 580 Times in 230 Posts
So how much hard work are the 1% (less than 1%) who control the banking system doing than anyone else? They create money out of thin air, loan it to you and charge you interest. Thats pretty hard work bro.
How much harder is General Electric working to ensure their coal fired power plants dont get shut down because they contributed to Obamas campaign vs any other power company?
So your solution is if you can't beat the corrupt join them, well that will work for awhile. Heck you'll even feel great about how much harder you worked until someone who hasn't worked as hard as you takes everything from you. Just because they know someone with more power.

Judging from your logic you must be a firm believer and supporter of eugenics as well. If dad works this hard his kids are going to be just as hard working right? No way you'd raise a drug addicted/lazybum, therefore anyone who doesn't work as hard as you shouldn't be allowed to have kids.
Just looking at "hardworking" celeb kids should show you the error of that logic. But you've probally got your head shoved too far up your a$$ to see the error in your ways.

I agree/support hardwork but not when corruption is in play.
Is it some kids fault their parents kicked them out or died at 10? Therefore kid is stuck in life never being able to reach their potential?


There is a bill passed now in the US with a 93-7 vote for any branch of the military to indefinitely detain any suspected terrorist. No trail, no judge just because some guy on a power trip has enough authority to do so.
http://www.thecitywire.com/index.php?q=node/19101
Next week Harper is signing an agreement to allow US border agents and police to pursue/operate in Canada.
Maybe if you work hard enough buy yourself a pimp pad some storm trooper can say your funded by a terrorist group and take everything you worked for. What will you do then? Find the right guy to blow to get your stuff back?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
he makes a few good points, about how our generation was brought up to feel special and all that crap.

now the scary thing is, have you guys seen the elementary schools now?
have you seen how they treat them and how they're taught to treat others?

they're 100x as soft as us.


LOL BUT I SAY THATS OKAY!

cuz in this world of losers and people that arent willing to work hard.

all you gotta do is work a little harder, and steal all their cash, what a buncha fucking losers.

im for the 1% even though i'm not quite there yet.

you know why? cuz im going to be the 1%. that is my goal. the 1% gets nothing handed to them. they work for everything.

not just in school or your job. but ALL ASPECTS of life.
you have to go beyond the expectations.
you have to work MORE than you think.

you have to put passion into EVERY ASPECT of your life.
don't make up excuses as to why you suck. that is the REASON you suck.

if you don't put passion into your hobby, how are you expected to put passion into your job?
if you dont put passion into your job, or into those menial tasks such as, doing your dishes, ironing your clothes, folding your bed sheets. how are you expected to run a fortune 500 company?

those moments where you're too tired to do that small task, and you say to yourself "fuckit, i'll do it later (probably not)", thats the difference between the 1% and the 99%.

im not gonna fight the 1%. im going to join them, even if that means stepping on the 99%.


i know a lot of you guys are gonna be like

ohhh, but that rich honger/mainlander whatever (insert rich stereotype in vancouver), got EVERYTHING handed to him.

well no duh shit of course they did, cuz they're the children of the 1%.

now ask yourself, what did their parents do? their parents had to work hard to be that 1%.
their children are a by product of it.

just like your children will be a by product of your laziness. they'll be nobodies, and think like you, just like you, cuz you didnt work hard.

you parents always tell you to study hard, work hard or whatever. its cuz so you wont end up like them. fuckin no bodies. if you can be better person than your parents, even if its just by a little, then you have succeeded. and if you kids can do the same, eventually someone down your bloodline will become the 1%. that's all that matters.

some empires are built in one lifetime, but most arent. it takes generations of handing down knowledge and passion to build something great. some people are lucky, but you can't rely on luck, just like you cant rely on that lotto ticket that sooo many of you do.

Last edited by Death2Theft; 12-04-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2011, 06:39 AM   #20
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bowen Island
Posts: 1,605
Thanked 525 Times in 148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
So how much hard work are the 1% (less than 1%) who control the banking system doing than anyone else? They create money out of thin air, loan it to you and charge you interest. Thats pretty hard work bro.
How much harder is General Electric working to ensure their coal fired power plants dont get shut down because they contributed to Obamas campaign vs any other power company?
So your solution is if you can't beat the corrupt join them, well that will work for awhile. Heck you'll even feel great about how much harder you worked until someone who hasn't worked as hard as you takes everything from you. Just because they know someone with more power.

Judging from your logic you must be a firm believer and supporter of eugenics as well. If dad works this hard his kids are going to be just as hard working right? No way you'd raise a drug addicted/lazybum, therefore anyone who doesn't work as hard as you shouldn't be allowed to have kids.
Just looking at "hardworking" celeb kids should show you the error of that logic. But you've probally got your head shoved too far up your a$$ to see the error in your ways.

I agree/support hardwork but not when corruption is in play.
Is it some kids fault their parents kicked them out or died at 10? Therefore kid is stuck in life never being able to reach their potential?


There is a bill passed now in the US with a 93-7 vote for any branch of the military to indefinitely detain any suspected terrorist. No trail, no judge just because some guy on a power trip has enough authority to do so.
U.S. Senate passes bill in a vote of 93-7 | The City Wire
Next week Harper is signing an agreement to allow US border agents and police to pursue/operate in Canada.
Maybe if you work hard enough buy yourself a pimp pad some storm trooper can say your funded by a terrorist group and take everything you worked for. What will you do then? Find the right guy to blow to get your stuff back?
There are always people who find shortcuts and make the big bucks. For entrepreneurs, they find demands and supply it. For the bankers, they had the knowledge from childhood that these types of the jobs in the big world cities paid exorbitantly, and thus they applied themselves and got in. The knowledge of these jobs, if they didn't read about it in the Internet recently, usually would have come from their social circles or their family friends etc etc. When I grew up in Vancouver attending a public high school, I was under the impression that Dentists/Doctors/Lawyers were the top paid people in society. When I moved to London I met finance types who were out-earning the above professions easily by multiples. The cause of my mindset was not only that the social circles I had had no clue about these types of jobs, but the fact that the public school system's job preparation system (e.g. CAPP) is tailored to only local needs -- that of BC's local economy. Nobody in the school is gonna tell you that Wall St pays big bucks, get the hell out of Vancouver ASAP.

This is another form of wealth passed on over time from generation to generation -- the knowledge of what really makes money etc. It's the same thing where people often say that a Doctor's son will have a much greater % of getting into Medical school -- he will already have known exactly what is needed to do.

Last edited by achiam; 12-04-2011 at 06:45 AM.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #21
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 49,895
Thanked 22,578 Times in 7,558 Posts
The fact that this thread exists, and is attributed to OWS shows perfectly how poorly the OWS people are making their case. This rant has NOTHING to do with OWS, and OWS has NOTHING to do with "those rich bastards get everything".

It is not about 'not having what they have' it is that a few people - bankers (and not the bankers you used to go to school with, but their bosses' bosses' bosses) and politicians FUCKED THINGS UP really bad. REALLY bad. And they KNEW they were doing it. So yes, some people may not be affected by it as much - some formerly hard-working rich people are sure to have been fucked, while the people who were poor to begin with probably won't notice as much. But the point is, there are a few people who are using the country as their own person resource, and it doesn't seem to be 'trickling down' as Reagan used to say. Quite the opposite it seems.

So yeah, there are plenty of whiny bitches protesting, but there really is something fucked up about USA, and it needs to be fixed. OWS doesn't seem to be the best way of getting the message across, from the posts I see here.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:09 AM   #22
SFICC-03*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: richmond
Posts: 7,661
Thanked 2,036 Times in 829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achiam View Post
Adam Carolla Rant About the Occupy Mentality.flv - YouTube

This guy hits the nail straight on.
Why do some people earn 5x or way more than others? Because they worked their ass off or used their brain or went to school for 10 years.
How do people afford to live in expensive houses? Because they worked their ass off
ETC.
nobodys complaining about people who make 5x more than others.
they're complaining about the people who make 100+ times more, are consumed with greed to the point where their company goes bankrupt, then gets bailed out with taxpayer money.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #23
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: East Van
Posts: 2,034
Thanked 740 Times in 381 Posts
I think a lot of people in this thread are really confused on what is going on in the States right now.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "working hard" and those that are "lazy". I work my ass off everyday, but guess what, my career path will never get me into the 1%, no matter how hard I try. And most people's careers, whether they are nurses, or tradesmen, or engineers, or run their own small business, they won't make it to the 1% either. So stop with the bullshit about working hard.

SkinnyPupp and Unit are on the right path. It is all about corporate corruption, politicians continually making the wrong decisions and greed from a very select group of individuals.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #24
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BC
Posts: 3,558
Thanked 3,813 Times in 957 Posts
There's no denial that a lot of people worked hard to get to where they are. The problem is that some people will take anything to get to the top. This is especially worse in China because if you have even a bit of moral conscience, you would be not be the one climbing up the ladder, so while I admit that a lot of riches out there probably deserve all the $ they earned themselves, there are still many that took advantage of the others.

The issue right now is that most people with power absolutely don't give a shit about what consequences they might bring by doing certain things. I'm not gonna get into all these problems in the banking system but invention of derivatives without a proper regulation in place and people getting awarded for excessive risk taking is what essentially drove the economy into shithole. We just witnessed one recently: MF Global. One person's excessive risk taking pretty much put the careers of all the employees in the firm at risk. And the saddest thing is that this guy will most likely not going to jail because of all the connections he has plus the joke justice system.

Others Pay Price for Corzine

I always remember this quote from Mr. Buffet.

"There are three qualities that are important: integrity, intelligence and energy, but if you don’t have the first, the other two will kill you." Except in this case, people with power without integrity aren't killing themselves, but killing the society.

It's unfortunate that today in our society, it's usually the little guys that are trying to do the right things and follow rules that are given the short end of the stick. By no means I support this occupy bullshit move. I worked my ass off to get into a finance field where a lot of people dream of getting into. On the other hand, I don't like hearing people say those riches with power can fck around doing whatever they want because they worked so hard and shit.

Last edited by flagella; 12-04-2011 at 09:09 AM.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #25
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 8,502
Thanked 6,258 Times in 2,024 Posts
LETS DRINK SOME BEERS AND RAPE!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net