REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:40 PM   #101
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
haha moving

a buddy called me and asked me to help him move. i asked him how much heavy shit there was to see if i could count it as a workout or not. haha
so some squats wit the couch
Advertisement
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:29 PM   #102
My homepage has been set to RS

halogodv2, your avatar is motivating enough.
mrclean604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:00 AM   #103
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclean604 View Post
halogodv2, your avatar is motivating enough.
hahha just a little
Old 07-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #104
I don't get it

hey guys so im thinking of switching up my routine. i was gonna do squats n deadlifts n bench press all in one dat. so basically full body 3x a week. u guys think this is too much? like ive never really heard much about squats n deadlifts in the same dat.

im on my phone btw so i apologize if there r stupidtypos
E=mc² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #105
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Try it out and listen to your body. If your really tired or aren't improving your weights you might be overworking and not allowing enough time for recoup. If your lifting heavy thats a pretty intense day.

Berz out.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:57 PM   #106
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXQBLGH View Post
hey guys so im thinking of switching up my routine. i was gonna do squats n deadlifts n bench press all in one dat. so basically full body 3x a week. u guys think this is too much? like ive never really heard much about squats n deadlifts in the same dat.

What are you trying to do? bulk/cut? If you are bulking i suggest you do Heavy volume!

Power Upper
Power Lower
Rest
Chest/bi/tri
Shoulders/back/traps
Legs/calves

Now if you are cutting I suggest a 3 day full body split/ 5 days a times of HIIT Cardio

PM ME if you want more info!
Old 07-25-2009, 06:26 PM   #107
RS Operative (G)

Quote:

squats and dead could be a little crazy but hey u never know until u try
Old 07-25-2009, 11:45 PM   #108
Unauthourized Spammer

hey SkinnyPupp you're in HK right? what's a good gym to workout at? i've seen a couple around like California Fitness and Physical something...drop-in prices? haven't worked out for 5 days since I got here from Vancouver and I can't stand not working out already I HAVE TO GET BACK!! lol
rickross888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:15 AM   #109
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:

check out the rippetoe starting strength program. that's basically the routine you just posted.
mrclean604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:32 AM   #110
I don't get it

Yeah I'm trying to bulk.

Damn I'm now thinking it might be a bit too much. I did check out the rippetoe starting strength program. Iono I'll figure something out I guess.

I really wanna try full body workouts so I guess I'll stick with it for a few weeks.

It's not TOO bad, you only do 1 set of deadlifts once a week, then twice a week, and it alternates. I'll give it a try.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:40 AM   #111
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,806 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickross888 View Post
hey SkinnyPupp you're in HK right? what's a good gym to workout at? i've seen a couple around like California Fitness and Physical something...drop-in prices? haven't worked out for 5 days since I got here from Vancouver and I can't stand not working out already I HAVE TO GET BACK!! lol
I work out at my clubhouse gym.. It is quickly becoming too limiting for me though, and I will have to go to a full gym very soon.

I did check out "Pure Fitness" at Langham Place. It's a beautiful gym with amazing equipment, and the weight room is of course very empty, while everyone sweats their ass off on the stupid machines. But it's too expensive for me, and they don't do drop-in. They charge $1000 to join, and $688 HKD per month for a 1 year contract I believe.

I know there is a 'hardcore' gym in Mong Kok, it's called Franco's Gym. But I think the most 'hardcore' thing about them is the amount of drugs their clientèle use. They don't even have a cable machine, which really sucks.

All of the big chain gyms will require a contract of 1 year or more, and some of them require additional fees, etc.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #112
I don't get it

Ok so I did that routine I mentioned earlier, and did squats, deadlift, bench, pullups, and abs today. It felt great and I think I'm gonna enjoy doing squats .

What sucked though was I had a morning shake, then workout 2hrs later, a PWO shake, and 1 hr after that a meal. Well I had 2 bouts of diarrhea after my wrkout and that pissses me off because I feel like the shakes have gone to waste. I mean if you're shitting it out like that, then I'm assuming the body was not able to absorb the nutrients.

FUCK

I don't blame the shakes though as I've been taking them the past month. I have a feeling it's my change of routine and straining.
Does anyone know if straining your body to doing exercises it isn't accustomed to causes diarrhea? It was my first time doing squats and obviously it's full body + used a lot of effort.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:41 PM   #113
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
did you eat any meals in the morning other than the 2 shakes?
Old 07-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #114
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Ok so I did that routine I mentioned earlier, and did squats, deadlift, bench, pullups, and abs today. It felt great and I think I'm gonna enjoy doing squats .

What sucked though was I had a morning shake, then workout 2hrs later, a PWO shake, and 1 hr after that a meal. Well I had 2 bouts of diarrhea after my wrkout and that pissses me off because I feel like the shakes have gone to waste. I mean if you're shitting it out like that, then I'm assuming the body was not able to absorb the nutrients.

FUCK

I don't blame the shakes though as I've been taking them the past month. I have a feeling it's my change of routine and straining.
Does anyone know if straining your body to doing exercises it isn't accustomed to causes diarrhea? It was my first time doing squats and obviously it's full body + used a lot of effort.
a little tip, have some carbs for breakfast don't just train on a protien shake, your muscles are going to hate you. carbs will help your muscles
Old 07-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #115
I don't get it

I had oatmeal in the morning with my shake though...that's my usual breakfast. I guess I forgot to mention that.

I only had breakfast before my workout because my workout was at 1030ish in the morning.

I'll eat a bit more then. Perhaps I'm just not eating enough solid food in the morning.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #116
RS Operative (G)

for breakfast i usually have shake ( coconut oil, blueberries whey and milk) then 30 min later 2 cups of oats and peanut butter. plus 1L of water
Old 07-26-2009, 08:42 PM   #117
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Damn 2 cups of oats? You must be full as hell after lol. I usually have 1 cup of oats with blueberries, whey + milk.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #118
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
Damn 2 cups of oats? You must be full as hell after lol. I usually have 1 cup of oats with blueberries, whey + milk.
o yeah i am fucking full lol
Old 07-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #119
I don't get it

Quote:

FUCK

update on this, after the 2 bouts of diarrhea, towards the end of the night I was getting stomach pains, which persisted through the entire night when I was sleeping. I was literally sweating while half asleep half feeling some pain etc. It sucked ass, and today my stomach still feels weird, though the pain is less intense and comes once in a long time. Didn't eat much today other than some congee and bread. I feel like I had food poisoning or some shit.

What started all this seemed identical to my previous post about balls being sore. In that post I had a morning shake + oatmeal, then 2 hrs later workout and a PWO shake. I'm thinking it might be the intense lifting coupled with not eating as much solid food in the morning as I can?

iono man but fuck I don't wanna experience that again. I should probably see my doctor though there isn't much he can do. I need to wait til this whole 'episode' passes.

damn I'm guessing none of you guys had a similar experience?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:43 PM   #120
RS Operative (G)

are u using creatine ^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 07-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #121
I don't get it

nope

I'm just gonna see my doctor tomorrow. I should've gone today but I was already feeling a bit better earlier. I guess I'll see anyway just to see what he thinks.

If it's not the lifting/straining from doing squats for the first time with heavy weights, then it would most likely be food poisoning.

It's just all too fuckin coincidental for me to believe it has nothing to do with my workout + shake combo (drinking too fast? not enough carbs in morning? as some of u sugggested, etc..)

Apparently my mom has this chinese medicine that's great for stomach pains/diarrhea etc. So at least if this happens again I'll know what to do.

Note to self as well, make sure to wash my hands with soap after working out.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:08 PM   #122

EAT REAL FOOD
Old 07-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #123
I don't get it

I do eat real food. Way more than shakes.

anyway I'm fine now and doubt this will happen again. I'm thinking of switching up protein shakes now instead of getting 100% whey anyway since the absorption rate for whey is just too fast for anything but PWO.

back to lifting tomorrow
Old 07-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #124
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
EAT REAL FOOD
Old 08-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #125

finally manned up to 70lb db shoulder presses for a set of 6 after having already done 4x7x65. feel pretty good about it.