REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORKOUT/TRAINING THREAD v2.0 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659190-official-workout-training-thread-v2-0-a.html)

RRxtar 12-16-2008 10:18 PM

making such good progress and solid strength gains at the gym and my motivation is so high right now but my shoulder pain isnt getting any better. i guess i should take a week or 2 off over the holidays. :( i guess its going to be cardio and legs for a bit.

SkinnyPupp 12-17-2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halogodv2 (Post 6176847)
add on 200-300 calories and week that helps, if u can not start at 5000 a week

Try and added 200-300 calories every few hours :)

LC21 12-21-2008 10:45 PM

How do i get ripped but yet still eat chips and all that good shit? Teach me. SHOW ME THE WAY!!

hal0g0dv2 12-23-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 6185723)
How do i get ripped but yet still eat chips and all that good shit? Teach me. SHOW ME THE WAY!!

GTFO

RacePace 12-23-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 6185723)
How do i get ripped but yet still eat chips and all that good shit? Teach me. SHOW ME THE WAY!!

run or swim all day everyday, then you can be like Micheal Phelps and eat 10,000 calories a day

Xnova 12-24-2008 11:56 PM

just wondering, how does the cardio bike benefits your body? i usually do 5 minutes of hard cycling just to warm up my legs for weight lifts after

Relyc 12-25-2008 01:32 AM

Cardio benefits your body in any number of ways. Depends how much cardio you do and at what intensity.
Before heavy weights you should be doing relatively light cycling, not hard. It's just meant to warm your muscles up and get the blood flowing.

Xnova 12-25-2008 02:52 AM

what if i add up the pressure on those bikes so its harder to peddle. will they benefit my legs

SkinnyPupp 12-25-2008 07:01 AM

http://www.latinoreview.com/images/u...d-facepalm.jpg

chr1s 12-25-2008 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6190833)

the only suitable response. +rep

jakobi 12-25-2008 09:26 AM

why would you want to do that....only if you burn lots of calories a day....
i work in construction...i burn like 4000+ calories a day from that and when I eat 6000+ calories a day, i maintain weight...7500+, i gain weight

micheal phelps eats 10,000 calories a day, so does lance armstrong but they burn lots when they go through training daily....
Mariusz Pudzianowski, world's strongest man eats over 10,000 daily(he said he loves to eat chocolate) BUT he trains like a mad man every single day n still got an awesome physique...sure he takes steroids but what other strongmen look like him...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LC21 (Post 6185723)
How do i get ripped but yet still eat chips and all that good shit? Teach me. SHOW ME THE WAY!!


azndvdiz 12-29-2008 06:11 PM

Been training for 9 months straight.
Started with a weigh in of 260lb (yes i was fat not gonna lie)
Currently I weight 200lbs!!!
Currently bulking up, and will cut up when spring hits.
The Gym has become my second home.
For anyone out there who is trying to lose weight dont lose hope! Stay dedicated and just DO IT! dont be scared by the others in the gym who are bigger/stronger/faster than you! Do what you need to do, and believe in yourself!

feel free to pm me for any questions on how I did it and how It has changed my life!

BlackV62K2 12-29-2008 07:55 PM

I usually work out @ the gym we have at work but since I'm on holidays I've been going to the local gym at the leisure center. Is it normal to have wannabe gangs of asian crews working out in Ed Hardy clothes LOL? Seriously do you really need a 5+ man crew to go to the gym. At least they all use the same machine so they aren't really in the way haha. It's quite funny lol.

RacePace 12-29-2008 08:06 PM

yes, quite normal, asian crews or brown guys in the CA/Ed Hardy. I don't pay any attention to them though

RRxtar 12-29-2008 08:09 PM

shit. took my 2 weeks off that i wanted to do for a general rest now im having trouble going tonight haha. at least with the way work has gone in the last 2 weeks, ive been getting a hell of a full body work out for 60 hours a week


edit: strength didn't drop off much, but endurance took a big hit. couldnt do as many sets or as many exercises at my usual intensity. i figure 2 rotations will be back to good.

the good news is my shoulder pain, and the rest of my aches are all gone and my body feels rested. the 2 weeks off was as much of a forced rest than anything else with work schedual and christmas, etc. 13 hour work days dont leave much time for the gym.

alot of articles i've read suggest taking a week off every 6-9 weeks.

SkinnyPupp 12-29-2008 08:59 PM

2 weeks is a really long layoff

CivicTypeRice 12-29-2008 09:44 PM

which gym do you guys go to
Im looking for a new gym with
-Good enviroment
-not too crowded
-nice people

azndvdiz 12-30-2008 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 (Post 6197283)
I usually work out @ the gym we have at work but since I'm on holidays I've been going to the local gym at the leisure center. Is it normal to have wannabe gangs of asian crews working out in Ed Hardy clothes LOL? Seriously do you really need a 5+ man crew to go to the gym. At least they all use the same machine so they aren't really in the way haha. It's quite funny lol.

lol I see this all the time! but they usually last for a week or two than they dissapear again and a new batch comes in! I sometimes feel bad for them when they are lifting more than they can handle and they only do half of the requried motion :( but then again it is entertainment

azndvdiz 12-30-2008 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 6197303)
shit. took my 2 weeks off that i wanted to do for a general rest now im having trouble going tonight haha. at least with the way work has gone in the last 2 weeks, ive been getting a hell of a full body work out for 60 hours a week


edit: strength didn't drop off much, but endurance took a big hit. couldnt do as many sets or as many exercises at my usual intensity. i figure 2 rotations will be back to good.

the good news is my shoulder pain, and the rest of my aches are all gone and my body feels rested. the 2 weeks off was as much of a forced rest than anything else with work schedual and christmas, etc. 13 hour work days dont leave much time for the gym.

alot of articles i've read suggest taking a week off every 6-9 weeks.


thats awesome! good thing your strength didn't take a hit! I would suggest just to take maybe a week off lifting and just do cardio? just even 15-30mins of it just to keep your body in that state!

chr1s 12-30-2008 09:39 AM

cameron rec centre by lougheed mall isn't bad for my purposes. i'm pretty new at this stuff, so i mostly use free weights. feels nice going at 7am when no one is there.

Wykydtron 12-30-2008 09:11 PM

Well the day I was going to start week 3 of my program, I broke my ankle! YAY! The whole point of my starting this program, was to help lose the weight I gained from spraining my ankle in summertime....so much for that.

RRxtar 12-30-2008 11:35 PM

thats some shitty luck haha. funny thing, i sprained my ankle pretty bad in the summer and lost weight. different body types eh.

Wykydtron 01-02-2009 06:02 PM

I have decided to do as much core/gut/ab work as possible while I am immobile.

rickross888 01-02-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azndvdiz (Post 6197128)
Been training for 9 months straight.
Started with a weigh in of 260lb (yes i was fat not gonna lie)
Currently I weight 200lbs!!!
Currently bulking up, and will cut up when spring hits.
The Gym has become my second home.
For anyone out there who is trying to lose weight dont lose hope! Stay dedicated and just DO IT! dont be scared by the others in the gym who are bigger/stronger/faster than you! Do what you need to do, and believe in yourself!

feel free to pm me for any questions on how I did it and how It has changed my life!

it's ridiculous how much weight he's lost. every time i see him i'm amazed. props to u D.
the gym has been my second home too ever since September. took a week off during christmas week. it was the first week i took off in 4 months, i cringed everyday to go workout loll, but i'm back to my 5 days a week workout routine again and it feels great.
just wondering if anyone else here by chance works out at gold's gym ubc?!

SharkBite 01-02-2009 08:32 PM

Ive been off from the gym since the 21st. I believe I had food poisoning and then caught the flu back to back. I am hoping to be back by Sunday, I need to kick some gym ass!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net