REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:42 PM   #4901
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
I DL barefoot, but squat with shoes and a 2x4 under my heels
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #4902
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

didnt go for broke but did 275x4x1 and 315x4x3
back feels incredible today

bench press is still gay, and my fucking elbow still hurts
also, dont get 3 shots in one arm if you want to work out. feel like i got highkicked in the arm by crocop

doing bis and tris after work, those always make me feel rad
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #4903
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
good vid for learning proper terminology.

Shoulder Press vs Push Press vs Push/Jerk.

also, as far as I understand, a 'Military Press' is the same as the shoulder press in the video but your feet must be together. and a full 'Jerk' cant have any arm push, your elbows must be locked.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #4904
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,318 Times in 5,637 Posts
hmm pretty disapointing, weighed myself today at 202 after being under 20g of carbs since January 10th..

i'd say MAX i could have weighed was 212 at that point, but around that time i never weighed myself at more than like 208 if i remember correctly i dont get it

before in september when i just TRIED to go sub 20 grams, in just over 2.5 weeks i went from 205 to 196

now a month and i barely drop maybe 7 pounds?
Old 02-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #4905
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
how much you weigh? you pulled almost 500lbs bro!
I am 240 loaded with water... your pound for pound strength > me hahah but I've only been training for 1 year =P
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #4906
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
hmm pretty disapointing, weighed myself today at 202 after being under 20g of carbs since January 10th..

i'd say MAX i could have weighed was 212 at that point, but around that time i never weighed myself at more than like 208 if i remember correctly i dont get it

before in september when i just TRIED to go sub 20 grams, in just over 2.5 weeks i went from 205 to 196

now a month and i barely drop maybe 7 pounds?
you are def doing something wrong, are you just dieting without working out/cardio, diet by itself can only get you so far
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #4907

havent been doing much cardio besides walking, but im still walking like 2+ miles about 4 times a week outside of 3 times a week weight training..

reading some stuff online im wondering if im not getting enough EFA's
Old 02-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #4908
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
not shaving (face) until i can do 3 plates and 35 for one on bench lol

Last edited by hal0g0dv2; 02-05-2011 at 08:22 PM.
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #4909

What is your diet like when doing under 20g? Show me a full day or two.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #4910

Wake up 6am

couple glasses of water, multi vitamin, glucosamine, Omega 3-6-9

2 egg omlette + egg whites with bacon, or turkey, or a sausage or 2, coffee

9:30 am, Iso protein shake, about 1.5-2 scoops of costco caisen protein, 35g of protein per scoop, 1g of carbs, 150 calories per scoop

11:45, salad with about 3-4 cups of salad, cucumbers, peppers, then a protein such as a few peices of pan fried chicken breast, or a steak, or like a smokie cut up, small amount of low-fat ranch, or even no dressing at all

2:15 - some bacon/eggs, or just a few peices of bacon and some cheese, couple peices of celery or the like, sometimes have another cup of coffee at this point

4 - workout, typically start with a decent walk, workout legs on leg press/extensions at home, then weight training with dumbells and my home gym, the Hoist V5 i posted a while back, after workout typically have a protein shake as well

between 6 and 730 have dinner, usually a Chicken cesar salad, or a steak, or some sausages with mustard, or a couple hamburger patties with cheese + a salad

drinking more than 8 cups of water everyday, during the weeks i was eating like that, i went out and got "buzzed" once, drinking nothing but about 8 rounds of vodka water and that was probably 3.5 weeks into it

As i said, the worst "cheat" day i might have had was eating a bowl of noodle-less pho and 2 small spring rolls

one night when i went out for dinner i had a halibut burger on a white bun with a salad, that was probably the only other time i had a large concentration of carbs at one time

during all the weeks i very rarely felt hungry, lethargic, etc. usually always had energy to have decent weight workouts, regular sleep patterns

I have no reason to lie about eating badly and not telling about it, and as i said before in september i tried the no-carb approach for 2 weeks and managed just over 10 pounds, and id say during that time, i did not eat as well, or as effective as i did during this time doing the low-carb thing

had a somewhat high-carb day today as i felt like going to eat pho with noodles in it after a month of not and had a couple spring rolls, but going back to low-carbs tommarow to finish off the month and most likely continue on with it, perhaps adding more protein, more fat, less calories?

also thinking i should perhaps add a fish oil?

edit* Basically every day of the diet i had at least 1 cup of coffee, in september when i lost more weight, by the recomendation of some of you guys i layed off the coffee for the majority of that time, u think that would effect it to that point?
Old 02-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #4911
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
cutting might be hard for some people, since they have never done a bulk or gained tons of muscle, your body is use to this easy life in a sense, your gonna have to do some different stuff to get your body to burn this extra fat, i am not saying u r fat or skinny, but when i cut yeah it was a fucking bitch but i never had any problems taking the weight off and reaching my goals, one could be i was going from 6-8k of calories a day to 2k , i probably put my body in epileptic shock. have any of you guys stopped and said why i am i "cutting", there is a diff taking 80 pounds of muscle and fat of to look like a action figure then trying to loose 5 pounds to look good , lifting weights and a good diet will get you the body u want. having a bit of fat is not a big deal, you can work that off by lifting weights and doing a 4 day a week program.taking 5 pounds of is not " cutting "
sorry for the venting, just thought i could help
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #4912

nah those are all great points and recently i've been thinking more along those lines, really my only problem is my gut, which is why id like to cut down to around 180 and build from there, i've always been really solid and the thought of cutting down to be "small" almost scares me more than being where i am right now, which is why I think i've got to start to gear more towards long term muscle building and strength goals than just what the scale says
Old 02-06-2011, 05:16 AM   #4913

Building into cutting is a lot easier than the other way around, IMO

20 lbs overweight and being 220 lbs is a better situation than the same at 200 lbs. Your body is basically a calorie burning furnace
Old 02-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #4914
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
nah those are all great points and recently i've been thinking more along those lines, really my only problem is my gut, which is why id like to cut down to around 180 and build from there, i've always been really solid and the thought often cutting down to be "small" almost scares me more than being where i am right now, which is why I think i've got to start to gear more towards long term muscle building and strength goals than just what the scale says
You got too much protein in your shake. Ive read the body is only capable of absorbing 50g roughly in ones sitting. And you should take omega 3 not 3-6-9 as you already get that from red meat etc. The whole idea is to balance them out and you get 3 from fish and some from eggs but not enough
Posted via RS Mobile
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #4915

recently ive reduced it to one scoop for my shakes because i figured as much, plus its over 300 calories for 2 scoops
Old 02-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #4916

If a 2 scoop shake has 300 calories, there's a lot more than just protein in there
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #4917
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan O'Brien Sex Video View Post
"sugar alcohols" or other artificial sweeteners like aspertame/splenda/truvia/xylitol seem to spike blood sugar in some but not in others. i think that's how they get away from not declaring it a carb.

at least your nutrition label broke it out nicely. i've seen some "sweet" products that don't list it there. it's not until i look at the ingredient list that the artificial sugar is listed.
is truvia not just branded stevia? which is derived from a plant? nvm just did a quick search and coke owns the truvia brand... which means it is probably altered/refined to shit/mixed with crap....
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #4918
I bringith the lowerballerith

first time bulking, i did a little bit of research does this sound ok?
drink a whey protein shake directly post workout, then a casein protein shake right before bed, on top of eating every 2 hours and eating almonds/drinking water during workouts
PK6o4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #4919
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

^ depends how you work out too buddy for bulking.

obviously cardio should be a minimum to none, depending on you(lifestyle, sports) and your workouts if you're bulking. also your weights you're curling/lifting is a factor, more weight less reps vs less weights more reps.

food is obviously important, more protein, more carbs, more calories the better. instead of an eating every 2 hour rule, why not just eat when you're hungry or near hungry? just eat 70 - 80% full stomach capacity, if you're working out on a daily basis and never eating at 100% you'll be eating throughout the day i guarantee it. but if you're stomach is growling/starving then you're doing it wrong, the idea is to never be hungry. i just think if you force yourself to eat every 2 hours you may feel nauseated, if you're not hungry don't force yourself to eat.

if you drink a lot of protein powder, make sure you drink a lot of water. also don't replace your meals with protein powder either, just saying.

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #4920

monday
back: wide grip pull ups with 10lbs of assistance 10 reps, then without a break another 10 reps this time with 40 lbs assistance. Repeat 3 more times for 4 sets total.
Chest: flat dumbbell press 4 sets of 6 reps (heavy weight), flat dumbbell flies 4 sets of 6 reps (heavy weight)
Quads: Barbell Squat 4 sets of 6-10 reps, leg press 4 sets of 6-10 reps
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #4921
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
^ back, chest and legs in one day?

:S

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #4922
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
^ you should really splits your days bro.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #4923

yea im sort of a beginner and i have a fast metabolism, im 5"4 121 lbs, gained 13 lbs in the last 4 months when i started working out, ill post my entire routine which i was hoping on starting tomorrow, if it sounds ok :

monday
back: wide grip pull ups with 10lbs of assistance 10 reps, then without a break another 10 reps this time with 40 lbs assistance. Repeat 3 more times for 4 sets total.
Chest: flat dumbbell press 4 sets of 6 reps (heavy weight), flat dumbbell flies 4 sets of 6 reps (heavy weight)

tuesday
biceps: standing ez curls 4 sets of 6 reps, close grip chin-ups 4 sets of 6 reps
triceps: decline close grip bench to skull crushes 4 sets of 6 reps (each movement)
shoudlers: military press on smith machine4 sets of 6 reps, shoulder press 4 sets of 6 reps
calves: seated calf raises 4 sets of 6-10 reps, resistance band raises 4 sets of 6-10 reps

weds: rest

thursday
back: bent over barbell rows 3 sets of 12 reps, seated cable rows 3 sets of 12 reps
chest: incline bench press 3 sets of 12 reps, cable crossovers 3 sets of 12 reps
quads: leg press 3 sets of 12 reps, dumbbell lunges 3 sets of 12 reps

friday
biceps: preacher curls 3 sets of 12 reps, close grip chin-ups 2 sets to failure,zottman curls 3 sets of 12 reps
triceps: close grip bench press 3 sets of 12 reps, weighted dips 3 sets of 12 reps
shoulders: arnold dumbbell press 3 sets of 12 reps, rocky presses 3 sets of 12 reps
calves: seated calf raises 3 sets of 12, calf press on the leg press machine 3 sets of 12 reps

saturday+sunday: rest

notes:
every monday, switch between dumbbell press and bench press

eat every couple hours, or whenever hungry like not really racist! said, drink a whey protein shake post workout, and a casein protein shake before bedtime, sleep at least 8-10 hours

how does that sound, im young so i havent plateud or anything and apparently i can only gain at this point, i got the idea of doing those muscles on those days with those rep ranges from this website: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw55.htm
Old 02-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #4924
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK6o4* View Post
yea im sort of a beginner and i have a fast metabolism, im 5"4 121 lbs, gained 13 lbs in the last 4 months when i started working out, ill post my entire routine which i was hoping on starting tomorrow, if it sounds ok :

monday

tuesday
biceps: standing ez curls 4 sets of 6 reps, close grip chin-ups 4 sets of 6 reps
triceps: decline close grip bench to skull crushes 4 sets of 6 reps (each movement)
shoudlers: military press on smith machine4 sets of 6 reps, shoulder press 4 sets of 6 reps
calves: seated calf raises 4 sets of 6-10 reps, resistance band raises 4 sets of 6-10 reps

weds: rest

thursday
back: bent over barbell rows 3 sets of 12 reps, seated cable rows 3 sets of 12 reps
chest: incline bench press 3 sets of 12 reps, cable crossovers 3 sets of 12 reps
quads: leg press 3 sets of 12 reps, dumbbell lunges 3 sets of 12 reps

friday
biceps: preacher curls 3 sets of 12 reps, close grip chin-ups 2 sets to failure,zottman curls 3 sets of 12 reps
triceps: close grip bench press 3 sets of 12 reps, weighted dips 3 sets of 12 reps
shoulders: arnold dumbbell press 3 sets of 12 reps, rocky presses 3 sets of 12 reps
calves: seated calf raises 3 sets of 12, calf press on the leg press machine 3 sets of 12 reps

saturday+sunday: rest

notes:
every monday, switch between dumbbell press and bench press

eat every couple hours, or whenever hungry like not really racist! said, drink a whey protein shake post workout, and a casein protein shake before bedtime, sleep at least 8-10 hours

how does that sound, im young so i havent plateud or anything and apparently i can only gain at this point, i got the idea of doing those muscles on those days with those rep ranges from this website: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw55.htm
Your routine needs a lot of work bro but good start.
Posted via RS Mobile
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #4925

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
Your routine needs a lot of work bro but good start.
Posted via RS Mobile
your probably right, but how so