REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #26
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
fuck.. dont even care no more, not like this gonna be the last video of these fucked up shit from china, i think we need an official fucked up thread for china, because the discussion of these threads are always the same over and over again.
Advertisement
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #27
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmb View Post
brb getting stabbed to death trying to save chick
Umm, you do realize that you're pretty much guaranteed pussy for the next little while...

As far as getting stabbed while saving the chick... Why don't you know, just avoid the knife?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #28
J89
RS controls my life!

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?

I would have tried to jump that mother fucker regardless knife or no knife.
And yes being here or being there I would still have the mindset to somehow apprehend him.
J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #29
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

That was hard to watch. Hope he rots in jail.
Overall, mentality here in Canada is different in than in China. Somehow, even if you're trying to help, the victim might go after you just for the money so most people in China will do nothing.
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:45 PM   #30
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Poor woman... it's bad enough to get killed by someone you know because they hate you, but I think it's even worse when you get killed by a total random stranger just because of bad luck you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But this is definitely a different situation than the girl who got ran over... much harder to proactively help the woman in this case.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #31
RS controls my life!

Murder of Junko Furuta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I originally thought this story came from china. It probably happened at some point there aswell.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
Of course it was in China.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotong View Post
china is fucked
man beheaded on greyhound bus...kitty genovese

this shit happens everywhere
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #33
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
Wow, I couldn't even finish watching the whole video...

But, that's pretty fucked up. Honestly, if I didn't have a weapon handy, I don't know if I would do anything different other than call the cops.

Would any of you jump in, unarmed and try to subdue the attacker?
against a knife, bat, etc, absolutely yes. i would. and hopefully if you saw me jump in, you would too. and maybe the guy beside you.

too much beta in todays society. not enough alpha.

against a gun, then no, i wouldnt.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #34
Banned By Establishment

who the fuck cares anymore, its china. it's not even shocking, really.
nickmak is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #35
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
I can understand if someone is scared to jump in, but you can at least yell at the guy or something..if there's a bunch of people screaming at him good chance he will stop and run away.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #36
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
what...

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #37
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
I'd scream and call the cops, but actually trying to physically stop him? I dunno man, instinct wouldnt let me approach a guy with a knife, especially an angry guy
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #38
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,753 Times in 353 Posts
There are several reasons why by standers didn't help.. for one.. in China you can get away with anything if you got the money! and if you got more money, u can pretty much screw the helper and twist the story around! That's CHINA!
Bahhbeehhaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #39
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
that's some fucked up shit..
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #40
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
I'd scream and call the cops, but actually trying to physically stop him? I dunno man, instinct wouldnt let me approach a guy with a knife, especially an angry guy
well thats the difference. some people instinct tells them to act to save another life.

some people jump in a river to save someone drowning. some people stand on the side and watch them float away.

some people run into a burning building to help people inside. some people stand across the street and watch.

some people give first aid and CPR to victims in a car accident. some people keep driving or rubber neck.

some people pull over and get out of their cars to help someone push their broken down car out of an intersection. some people sit there and honk.

some people are born to act and help (alpha) and some people are born to not (beta)
Old 12-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #41
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
against a knife, bat, etc, absolutely yes. i would. and hopefully if you saw me jump in, you would too. and maybe the guy beside you.

too much beta in todays society. not enough alpha.

against a gun, then no, i wouldnt.
i rather jump in if the guy had a gun lol, a knife would slash me up good, chances of him missing when she shooting me or something
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #42
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Only way I could see myself trying to stop the guy with the knife.. would be to pick up that pink bike and throw it at him.. I'm not about to run up to a pissed off guy with a knife and get myself stabbed..

I'll call 9-1-1.
that wouldnt help at all. Why would North American Police go to china to deal with that shit..

the Emergency Police in china is 110

Heres a list Wiki Emergency Number, in case your traveling, its sorted by country... keep it handy
Old 12-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #43
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
lol....china...what hasn't being said in this thread so far??

first,they pimp their own people in super factory's they live their entire live's in building shit

then you have these crazy fuck's going to a children's aged school's & bringing a knife killing & harming some.

then the 3 year old girl who got run over that by-standers didn't do fuck all about.

and this....

let's not forget for what crimes you can commit in china & get away with because you can wave money in their face to forget about it.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:10 AM   #44
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
its the old chinese mentality " don't get involved " that prevents those people from helping out. If its not any of their business and that theres a chance where they can get hurt, they stay the fuck away.
qft.

people judging this case need to read this article:
Chinese toddler struck by van, ignored by passersby - The Globe and Mail

dun use north american mentality to judge individual cases from other countries. different cultures have different norms. it is not like people dont want to rescue the lady. it is the norm that prevented them.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:33 AM   #45
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:42 AM   #46
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
I would probably yell at the guy. Cause I'm a pretty fast runner and should he come chasing after me with a knife, I can probably outrun him.
But physically getting involved, I probably wouldn't. Not for some random stranger I don't know.

But if I see an opportunity to safely interfere, I might do it. I would definitely call the police though.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-09-2011, 06:58 AM   #47
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

If shit like this happens, I'd yell at a safe distance or throw shit or something, and I'd only jump in if I had a weapon or if other people went with me. If she'd already been stabbed so many times and was going to die anyways, what is the point of trying to do something alone and having myself killed too? Its the same deal with First Aid -- they say if you see a co-worker on the ground hurt, first look around and try and figure out what happened before you just walk in and try something (e.g. poisonous gas leak or electrified shit?).
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:49 AM   #48
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
in china yes, could flick the guy off the chick, not being mean but a couple times at the gym some azn ppl have bounced in to me and have just falling over or almost, i would have no problem defending myself against a azn person while posting on rs mobile at the same time
in Brooklyn no call the police
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #49
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
well thats the difference. some people instinct tells them to act to save another life.

some people jump in a river to save someone drowning. some people stand on the side and watch them float away.

some people run into a burning building to help people inside. some people stand across the street and watch.

some people give first aid and CPR to victims in a car accident. some people keep driving or rubber neck.

some people pull over and get out of their cars to help someone push their broken down car out of an intersection. some people sit there and honk.

some people are born to act and help (alpha) and some people are born to not (beta)
fair enough. BUT those examples are times where NOBODY would try to kill you.

you jump into this battle with the crazy guy and you can guarantee if he has no problem stabbing her, he has no problem stabbing you in the face.

lets put something in the same context,

if a angry mod was stoning somebody , who would jump in while the stones are flying? and you didnt know who was being stoned.

i agree with you with people having the instincts to save another life, but when faced in sitautions were your fighing an environment vs a lunatic with a weapon, the scales dont tip so easily. fuck, id run into a burning house to save somebody, but face a crazy fuck with a samurai sword/gun? dont think so.

CAN'T SAVE SHIT IF YOUR DEAD

yes it would be different if it was my friend getting hurt, i would jump in within a heart beat and i know most of you all would too if faced with the same situation. But i have grown with a mentality that if i see a fight, ill let them be. Call the cops, let them take care of it. after all, why would i want to save a guy getting his ass handled if i dont know the backstory. maybe he raped his sister? who knows.

to me its like this:

Situation Vs me getting hurt VS who i know in the situation.

- grenade going off? = run
- grenade going off most likely losing all my limbs? = run
- grenade going off but family/friends are in danger? = jump on it.

why? cuz i wouldnt be able to live with myself knowing that i COuld have done somehting.

cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #50
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts

just gotta accept the fact that this world is fucked up and we are lucky to live in north america
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: