REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
daily show talked about this tonight it was great

the main organization against the show Family Florida or something (who complained to Lowes) says they're against the show because it goes against their belief system of what muslims are (terrorists) and say the show is portraying muslims as everyday americans and that is inaccurate

Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2011, 09:02 AM   #27
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
.....daily show from last night Jon Stewart: 'All-American Muslim' Critics Upset Series Doesn't Stereotype Muslims?! (Video) | TheWrap TV << article about it and video but the video is blocked unless you're american or you've got a vpn

The Comedy Network << should be uploaded there tomorrow or so i suppose... comedynetwork so slow -_-
Haha - John Stewart is freakin' hillarious....

Last edited by BaBiE_Bee; 12-14-2011 at 09:23 AM.
BaBiE_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #28
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Video: Jon Stewart Takes on 'All-American Muslim' Boycott
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #29
RTS
My homepage has been set to RS

If they were really All Americans they'd be Christians.

Screw that show. It is propaganda.

Do you all think any Muslim country outside of maybe Turkey would let "All Arabian Christian" air on TV?
RTS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #30
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTS View Post
Do you all think any Muslim country outside of maybe Turkey would let "All Arabian Christian" air on TV?
But that's what makes living in the west so great.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #31
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

fetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #32
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #33
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Man... I just spent a few minutes on FFA's website and it actually made me angry reading some of what's on there. Even though I'm pretty confident I wont get a response, I'm going to send them an email asking to clarify a few things.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #34
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
I very much equate 9/11 with Pearl Harbor. I know, Gridlock, you're the first one to make such a comparison.

After Pearl, there was so much animosity towards Japanese people, that they were rounded up and interred for the duration of the war. Prisoners of War, without picking up a single weapon.

People cheered it. Then forgot it, and then realized it was wrong.

After 9/11, there was so much animosity, that we can't allow people to build a mosque in an area close to the WTC site. So much animosity that one group can force another to alter their business plans.

And there is so much animosity, that even some members right here on this forum can show us link after link about what people are capable of, when they declare they work on behalf of Islam.

And people cheer it. And soon, we'll forget it. And I hope, soon, we'll realize its wrong.

Hey, I get it. I know very little about the Islamic faith, and all I hear doesn't put it in the class of "progressive" religions that I'd want to convert to.

This pisses me off, because it strengthens this FFA, and organizations like it the next time they target a company that does something they disagree with. Hell, Gays are on their radar-who's next?

And it really pisses me off that Lowe's couldn't even whitewash this with talk of ratings. That shows you where their collective minds are at. They don't even care.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote