REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #26
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaCrv View Post
manager's name was Tran...
the guy who mounted my tires was a young asian guy...seems to be Tran's nephew or something
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BigOTires.jpg (179.3 KB, 0 views)
Advertisement
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #27
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post
I laughed for a good five minutes.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #28
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
^^

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #29
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91civicZC View Post
Mistakes happen, its how a company chooses to help you out when it does that I would judge them on.

Without taking it back to them first and giving them the chance to make it right, its not really fair to call them out on it.
Off-topic a bit, sorry.
What do you mean by taking it back to them first though?
Like if shop B discovers an issue with your car that they diagnose as 99% a installation error by shop A, do you mean:
1. go back to shop A to have them fix it?
2. have it fixed by shop B and then go back to shop A to let them examine?
3. have it fixed by shop B and then contact shop A with an invoice from shop B and shop B's contact info.

Personally if a shop f'd up on me, I really wouldn't want them to touch my car again. So imo, #3 would be enough, cause between two reputable shops, I really doubt one would conspire with a customer to try and rip off the other shop.
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #30
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
No, he meant

4. Take it back to them FIRST

He didn't know there was a problem with the bead til he took it to a different shop

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #31
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

where these tires new or used that u got installed?
Old 12-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #32
I STILL don't get it

yeah, I was more just trying to see what would be fair grounds to call out a shop.
Basically my cousin was in the similar scenario. To put it briefly.
-Shop B discovered that something was improperly installed.
-My cousin contacts Shop A that did the install and gives the invoice, Shop B's contact info to them.
-Shop A tells him there's not a snowball's chance in hell they made any error during installation.
-Shop A contacts him again requesting to see the car.

Because of their attitude, and the fact that he didn't want them uninstalling and reinstalling what they f'd up on originally; my cousin just dropped it. He decided that the $200 or so wasn't worth stressin over Shop A.

IMO, between two reputable shops, I doubt one would conspire with a customer to try and rip off the other shop. So I think it it'd be justified to call them out. My cousin doesn't think so, even though I told him had he gone to let them look at the car, they'd most likely tell him not their fault.
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #33
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
He should have taken it back to the original shop to see what was wrong. If he watched them do it he would have seen the damage and been able to call them out on it. That way there's no deniability.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #34
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
its called proof, you need to take it back to the first shop to let them examine. without that, its all hearsay.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #35
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
Kal tire fixes flats for free, way better than a plug kit.
only if u buy ur tires from them, other wise its 29.12$
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 03:58 AM   #36
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Quote:
So choked...

long story short, I went there to install winter tires on my wheels. 1 rear wheel kept leaking air slowly but no nail or visible puncture so I thought it was only a lose valve stem. Went to kal tire in coq where my friend works to fix it for me for free and found out Big O tire cut the bead about 3 inches. Cant go back and complain because they will just pass the blame to Kal tire.

It was fixable with a sealant but its never gauranteed how long it'll last. Point of this rant is for you guys to be aware of that place and dont take your tires to get fukd up. My tires are Bridgestone Blizzak LM60 225/40/18s so theyre not cheap.

I know this site has alot of active members so this is my way of indirectly expressing my disatisfaction and to give you guys a heads up.

Big O Tire @ 3059 Kingsway, Vancouver
Bridgestone Blizzak, these are really expensive tires and that shop should give you gaurantee. If they are not giving then make sure that they are not selling any kind of Replica. Brands like Bridestone will never cheat their customers, its the sellers who can cheat anyone.
JohnHurson is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-31-2019, 03:59 AM   #37
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Fake Tires

Quote:
So choked...

long story short, I went there to install winter tires on my wheels. 1 rear wheel kept leaking air slowly but no nail or visible puncture so I thought it was only a lose valve stem. Went to kal tire in coq where my friend works to fix it for me for free and found out Big O tire cut the bead about 3 inches. Cant go back and complain because they will just pass the blame to Kal tire.

It was fixable with a sealant but its never gauranteed how long it'll last. Point of this rant is for you guys to be aware of that place and dont take your tires to get fukd up. My tires are Bridgestone Blizzak LM60 225/40/18s so theyre not cheap.

I know this site has alot of active members so this is my way of indirectly expressing my disatisfaction and to give you guys a heads up.

Big O Tire @ 3059 Kingsway, Vancouver
Bridgestone Blizzak, these are really expensive tires and that shop should give you guarantee. If they are not giving then make sure that they are not selling any kind of Replica. Brands like Bridestone will never cheat their customers, its the sellers who can cheat anyone.
JohnHurson is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-31-2019, 05:16 AM   #38
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,504 Times in 4,308 Posts
Nice, bump of an eight year old thread. Will read again.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: