REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #1
RS controls my life!

STAY AWAY FROM BIG O TIRE ON KINGSWAY

So choked...

long story short, I went there to install winter tires on my wheels. 1 rear wheel kept leaking air slowly but no nail or visible puncture so I thought it was only a lose valve stem. Went to kal tire in coq where my friend works to fix it for me for free and found out Big O tire cut the bead about 3 inches. Cant go back and complain because they will just pass the blame to Kal tire.

It was fixable with a sealant but its never gauranteed how long it'll last. Point of this rant is for you guys to be aware of that place and dont take your tires to get fukd up. My tires are Bridgestone Blizzak LM60 225/40/18s so theyre not cheap.

I know this site has alot of active members so this is my way of indirectly expressing my disatisfaction and to give you guys a heads up.

Big O Tire @ 3059 Kingsway, Vancouver
Advertisement
HondaCrv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Take it back saying its leaking don't mention about you buddy and see what happens.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #3
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
Take it back saying its leaking don't mention about you buddy and see what happens.
they will see its been patched up. no way they will own up
Old 12-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

Should have taken it back to Big O's and see what they say before bringing it to your buddy
92 240sx - dd/project car
88 CRX - sold
98 DC2 - sold

Renting out pbm fender roller - pm for details.
satek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:31 AM   #5
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satek View Post
Should have taken it back to Big O's and see what they say before bringing it to your buddy
yeah im kicking myself in the head with that one...chose to save time and distance to get this taken care of locally.

either way im not looking to get this situation fixed..it happened and just sharing an experience
Old 12-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Did you buy your tires online? or were they used and just having them mounted for the season?
skippynixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #7
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Mistakes happen, its how a company chooses to help you out when it does that I would judge them on.

Without taking it back to them first and giving them the chance to make it right, its not really fair to call them out on it.
91civicZC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #8
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
IIRC the manager/owner is on here.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
IIRC the manager/owner is on here.
Good, maybe the owner/manager needs to know that his installer is fucking up and not saying anything
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2011, 09:20 AM   #10

http://www.revscene.net/forums/59638...ml#post7390803

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy@BigO View Post
Hi everyone

I’m a little nervous poking my head in here after the initial comment in this thread however I’d really like to clear things up with the Revscene members.

Before I begin I’d like to personally say thank you to the members who post with fair, logical and reasonable responses as well as to those who know our shop and are prepared to defend our good reputation.

Regardless of where any fault should lie, I will extend an awesome discount to anyone mentioning this Revscene thread. (it might be a good idea to print this out in case I am not in the store when you ask for the discount).

We’ve been closed for most of 2010 due to a fire in the neighbouring business and I’ve only now seen this complaint. This complaint comes from the month prior to the fire which is now nearly 16 months ago.

There are a couple things to consider.

-There is a possibility that the complaint should be directed to Kingsway Alignment (the neighbours who had the fire) who removed all there signs and pretended to be us whenever we weren’t looking. They were an unqualified tire and repair garage - they attracted many customers who threw caution to the wind at the sound of a $10 change over. If this is the case we are deeply sorry for the deception by KA and that you did not receive our good service. The good news is that they are no longer in business.

-If this was not the case and Big O Tires was responsible for damaging your rims, I am deeply sorry. If I was aware that there was a legitimate complaint I would certainly do whatever I could to resolve it. Our 43 year (3 generational) success here is that we keep our customers happy.

-Although both KA and Big O had Vietnames a tire installer at that time, our tire tech has been our installer for 15 years. KA’s installer at that point had just been recently trained.

-Also, my shop uses ONLY Italian Corghi tire changers which are the best there is. We change tires for Brian Jessel and other clients with demanding applications.

-Lastly, concerning your centre cap… regardless of who handled your changeovers, you were visiting a tire shop in November which is peak season due to snow tire changeovers. It is quite likely that if you had specialty wheels that required additional work (i.e. dismantling of centre caps), that this would bog down a system that is geared for rapid tire changes. In my opinion it would be quite fair for the tire shop to request that you come back to have the lengthy balancing job done when things died down (considering that balancing is an optional feature and not a safety feature). It may have been inconvenient for you however based on what you reported in this thread, I don’t think the tire shop would have booked your appointment to do this type of tedious work during their peak rush had you explained that you had extraordinary centre caps.
Comes across as someone who loves to pass the buck, I'll make sure to stay away from them
Old 12-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91civicZC View Post
Mistakes happen, its how a company chooses to help you out when it does that I would judge them on.

Without taking it back to them first and giving them the chance to make it right, its not really fair to call them out on it.
I wish I could thank you more.

If you're unhappy, just ask and most places will try to make you happy. I was unhappy with my service at Mr Lube recently, wrote them an email, and the regional manager called me to follow up, then offered a free oil change. It was a one-time issue, I'd been there before and will go again knowing how well they handled my complaint.

I've had my 265x30x19 tires mounted twice by Big-O on Arbutus and Broadway - no issues other than I had to clean them afterwards to remove some of the excess around the bead, which I expect for the price I paid. They didn't even charge me extra for the low profile tires, or the extra effort to jack up each corner of my lowered car.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #13
My homepage has been set to RS

I had a flat tire once and drove to the Kingsway Big-O tire because it was convenient.

I ask the taller white guy (who i assume is randy) how long would I have to wait?
He says 10 minutes

So i wait the 10 minutes, making note of the time on my phone
Maybe 15-20 minutes pass and i ask him again nicely, how much longer?

He says 2 minutes. I wait another 10-15 while they were working on the same G35

I didnt want to complain or anything because I was basically stranded at the shop. But they got the job done when it came to my turn and it wasnt too expensive.

I just dont like being jerked around. If someone tells me to wait a certain amount of time, it damn well better be not past it. Case of over promising, under delivering.

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #14
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
I had a flat tire once and drove to the Kingsway Big-O tire because it was convenient.

I ask the taller white guy (who i assume is randy) how long would I have to wait?
He says 10 minutes

So i wait the 10 minutes, making note of the time on my phone
Maybe 15-20 minutes pass and i ask him again nicely, how much longer?

He says 2 minutes. I wait another 10-15 while they were working on the same G35

I didnt want to complain or anything because I was basically stranded at the shop. But they got the job done when it came to my turn and it wasnt too expensive.

I just dont like being jerked around. If someone tells me to wait a certain amount of time, it damn well better be not past it. Case of over promising, under delivering.
This is why you should learn how to fix a flat yourself.

Ever since I was tought how to fix flats,I have not gone to a shop in 15+ years for flat tires due to punctures.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
This is why you should learn how to fix a flat yourself.

Ever since I was tought how to fix flats,I have not gone to a shop in 15+ years for flat tires due to punctures.
Plugs are only good for temp/emergency repairs. Combination patches are the only way to go.

RSUV #7
Old 12-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #16
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
+1 To that you can use those Crappy Tire patch inserts but those are designed to get you to a shop so it can be patched properly on the inside too.

Berz out.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #17

Quote:
Plugs are only good for temp/emergency repairs. Combination patches are the only way to go.
I have never had a problem with plugs....ever.

If you have good quality plugs and install them correctly,they work really well.

With patches,you have to remove the tire and all that crap and also rebalance the wheel,how many places do that for cheap,or if they even tell you it needs to be done.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
+1 To that you can use those Crappy Tire patch inserts but those are designed to get you to a shop so it can be patched properly on the inside too.

Berz out.
Berz,you would be suprised at how many garages I have seen use plugs to fix flats,the worst part is,they charge people $30+ to do it.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
I have never had a problem with plugs....ever.

If you have good quality plugs and install them correctly,they work really well.

With patches,you have to remove the tire and all that crap and also rebalance the wheel,how many places do that for cheap,or if they even tell you it needs to be done.
I use plugs on my Bobcat all the time. They DO pull out occasionally.

I rarely had to re-balance tires I put patches on. It's more likely the tire was out of balance before I got to it. You just have to mark the tire, do the repair and clock it to the same spot during install - no biggie.

RSUV #7
Old 12-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #20

Quote:
I use plugs on my Bobcat all the time. They DO pull out occasionally.

I rarely had to re-balance tires I put patches on. It's more likely the tire was out of balance before I got to it. You just have to mark the tire, do the repair and clock it to the same spot during install - no biggie.
I have never had a plug pull out,I guess it's just pure luck for me.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:12 PM   #21
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

patches are wayyy better! they work with the internal tire pressure to better seal the hole. the plugs i would imagine are the weak points in the tires structural integrity and have to deal with the air pressure in the tire pushing the plug out. ... but i never really had problems with either! just some fyi! oh ya dont let ppl fix your side wall or anything too close to the side wall cuz that means it is time for a new tire!
MK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #22
RS controls my life!

manager's name was Tran. he was a nice enough guy to probably use sealant to fix the problem but i doubt he will replace a tire that cost $300 cdn.

the guy who mounted my tires was a young asian guy...seems to be Tran's nephew or something
Old 12-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #23
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
Quote:
I agree.

But I did have a plug in one of my truck's tires for the last year without a problem though, even with a couple hours of logging road driving. It wasn't worth patching because I was going to get new tires in the near future.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #24
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Kal tire fixes flats for free, way better than a plug kit.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #25
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,801 Times in 3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-88 View Post
Kal tire fixes flats for free, way better than a plug kit.
damn really? Ive been going to the plug route thinking i'm saving money
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote