REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

ICBC claim

so I got into an accident, the other persons fault. She crashed my trunk and bumper. So I am planning to get a different kind of bumper, am I allowed to do this? I am willing to pay the difference of this bumper to the original one.
Advertisement
Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

you must be at the wrong website, your looking for ICBC | home
doma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
just talk to your ICBC adjuster and ask them, its a simple question & they'll answer yay or nay
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
sometimes they let u sometimes they don't
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
just tell them to write the cheque and you will go buy your own bumper and install it yourself?
Old 12-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

They will be reluctant to do so, I don't think it's a common thing to do.

Last time, a person crashed into my car, I needed a new front bumper replaced. I supplied my own front bumper (different trim but still OEM) to the bodyshop, ICBC cuts me a cheque for the book value of the front bumper (my trim), body shop paints my supplied bumper.

ICBC is indifferent because they have to pay for a replacement front bumper anyways. The bodyshop is not too happy, as I think the bodyshop could have taken a "deeper cut" if the bodyshop uses its own source supplier.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #7
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I've done it before on an ICBC claim. It really depends on the shop, and how difficult it would be to source and obtain the aftermarket bumper. It also depends on fitment (fiberglass vs. SMC).

I've done M-style conversions on non-M cars (BMW). I've done facelift conversions on many different makes/models, changed lights within models (smoked vs. non-smoked), added HID kits, and added aftermarket style bumpers to several makes and models. At then end of the day, if you're willing to pay the added cost, and because the accident is not your fault, ICBC usually won't have an issue with it.

Lemme know if you have any questions.
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

depends on dat adjuster u get if hes not a textbook strateshooter den he can probubly help u wit an oembmper yeknow. shuld probs give it a try
Jake Song You is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #9
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

i've got it done before. The body shop had to order my bumper first, then returned it and ordered the one i wanted. From how he explained it to me was he had to show ICBC that they ordered the right bumper for me and then switched it up afterwards.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

Yes you can. Bring it to a shop that does ICBC claims and tell them before hand. Many places will do it for you. A lot of the times the aftermarket costs less than the OEM. Or if it's more you pay the difference.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #11
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
i've got it done before. The body shop had to order my bumper first, then returned it and ordered the one i wanted. From how he explained it to me was he had to show ICBC that they ordered the right bumper for me and then switched it up afterwards.
ICBC dosen't care. As long as they are only paying what the OEM/OEM replacement is worth it dosen't matter. I did ICBC claims on a daily basis for motorcycles and our road adjuster knew we did it and he was fine with it. A lot of the times things ended up costing less.

It's when you charge ICBC for an OEM part, buy an aftermarket part that's cheaper and keep the difference when things get shady.

Basically, you get your estimate done with OEM parts. Send that to ICBC for approval. After it's approved you can supp aftermarket parts if it's cheaper and change it on the estimate to the aftermarket par and if it's more you make the cust pay the difference.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote