REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 12-22-2011, 04:18 AM   #1
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

San Diego hotels

Hey guys,

I'm planning a trip for the gf and I to SD in Feb, and I've done some researching on what to do, but I'm bummed out on where to stay. (and this part is important because I'm planning to pop the big Q to the gf)

I'll be flying with allegiant, and with their packages they gave me a few choices in hotels and resorts.

I can choose between a 3 star beach resort called Bahia resort and/or Cataraman resort located around mission bay. The rooms seem kinda outdated and looks mediocre but I'm assuming a patio leading to the beach is a big plus, aside from the old interior rooms.
OR

I can choose a 4 1/2 star downtown hotel called the US Grant or the W San Diego hotel both located near gaslamp district which has way WAY nicer rooms, but lack thereof, a beach.

Pricing between all the hotels are relatively similar +/- $30
Has anyone been to SD and stayed at the above hotels who could possibly give me some insight and suggestions?

Thanks!
Advertisement
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I spent my vacation in California back in October, and of course I planned a few days for San Diego. We were somehow tight on budget, so we stayed at Days Inn at the Hotel Circle which was clean afterall but not a classy hotel. Price was reasonable at $79/night.
yomitameow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

I haven't stayed at any of those you mentioned above (but Mission Bay I believe is close to Seaworld so there should be a few more options available - maybe not through Allegiant). I'm not sure what their price range is, but the last time I was in the area, I stayed here:

Beach Hotels in Pacific Beach San Diego CA | Pacific Terrace Hotel

It's located on Pacific Beach - about 10 minutes north of Mission Bay. The hotel itself was very nice and the service there was outstanding. It looks out onto the Pacific Ocean so it's a different view. It'll be a west facing view if you can get one that overlooks the ocean, so you'll look out onto the sunset if you're looking for a good time to pop the question.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #4
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I ended up booking at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay. The photos and reviews of the resorts by mission bay were kinda so so, and rooms were a bit outdated. Plus the beach looks deserted and not well maintained.

Figure I'll probably pop the question in the hotel on the balcony with a decent view of the ocean and sunset, or while at dinner or something. Still in the plannings
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote