REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
JF.
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

financial group

hi, i just went to a presentation from a group called world financial group owned by a multi billionaire company aegon. everyone was nice and the presentation went out pretty well. they ask for my feedback and was wondering if i wanted to be part of what they were doing. but the thing is that you have to pay for books20$, training fees175$ and you gotta open up a credit card to pay off those fees. most of my friends told me that this was a scam but for my judgement at the presentation most of the financial associates were young and all the higher position were late 30s and up. i believe that they hire all the young people cause they were young and they dont know whats going on(basicly scam the younger people cause they dont anything beside making money). the person that was presenting was young and was a international student. she said alot of things that could make u rich on the long run but i didnt buy anything of em.

all i want to know is what u guys think and if you guys have friends that worked at a financial job, how was it? the only thing that i know is that if i get the job. i will be helping other people out with their debts with the banks or offer a good creditcard plan which gives back money when u use it.
Advertisement
JF. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
Not a mod

Try the search function. WFG is beaten to death
Posted via RS Mobile
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
JF.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/58797...ial-group.html

i hope your not talking about this one?
Old 12-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

^ that's the same one you are mentioning about in your original post.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

is this presentation held in coquitlam? Ive been to one in the past but wasnt really interested in becoming a financial advisor, might not be a scam, but make sure you read all the fine print before you hand any money to them
hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #6
JF.

this is was hosted at kingsway and joyce right beside the rbc bank
Old 12-28-2011, 08:27 PM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Hey, forget WFG. I've got something even better to sell you. For only $1,000, I'll give you access to people overseas who want to transfer money over. It's super easy and you get a cut of each transaction.

For example, I just did one the other day with a Nigerian Prince who transferred me $1,000,000 to send off to his associates. I got a cool 10% commission for it.

Edit: It's totally legit, just like WFG so no need to worry. Other people on RS would totally back me up here.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #8
JF.

^lol cant be real...
Old 12-28-2011, 09:12 PM   #9
SiRVs up, dude

I actually did the same thing for a European official a few months ago, 1000000 british lbs
Old 12-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
I actually did the same thing for a European official a few months ago, 1000000 british lbs
LOL thought you did it for the Greeks LOL
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:17 PM   #11
JF.

So u guys think this is all a scam on the younger generation??
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #12
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
aren't they, like primerica, a pyramid scheme?

i once had a guy give me his primerica card when i was in uni working as a waiter (i was just giving good customer service by being polite and talkative with the guy) - he somehow got my number (i may have given it to him to shut him up, can't recall was years ago) and he called and called and called, was a really hard sell after the fact.

when people try hard to sell you on something, you probably don't need or want it, if they 'tell, not sell' and you're interested, that's different
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #13
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I wouldn't call it a scam because a scam is something that'll never pay off but I do agree that it is more or less a pyramid structure no less. However, bear in mind that if you're planning on being a financial advisor, unless you work at the major banks, there's always going to be cost for you to be licensed. Would you call UBC sauders a scam because they ask you for money for a realtor license course and later on you find out it's reallly hard to make money in a large real estate broker?
Bring some RS people with you to help u GANG BANG the guy!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Selanne_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

but remember, everything in life works like a pyramid scheme, just look at CPP and EI, although it is legit by the government, it is a pyramid structure, new contributors pay for the seniors pension retiring right now as we speak, we have our paychecks deducted for the umemployed ppl
hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Not this bullshit again...fucking search.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #16
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
hey jf ur a fucking retard
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote