REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 01-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #51
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4NC1TY View Post
Well, that's your opinion
That's the correct opinion. It's impossible to make food taste good and have it sitting out, unless it's intended to be served that way.

You should have seen me and Dafonz at the Bellagio buffet everyone raves about. It was horrible, all our plates were filled with uneaten food lol. My friend from New Brunswick was like

Like you, I guess he didn't know any better
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2012, 01:39 AM   #52
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,550 Times in 463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
That's the correct opinion.
Posted via RS Mobile
There's really no such thing as a "correct opinion". An opinion is a subjective belief and calling an opinion a correct one is merely another opinion of your own.
palepilsenpin0y is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by palepilsenpin0y View Post
There's really no such thing as a "correct opinion". An opinion is a subjective belief and calling an opinion a correct one is merely another opinion of your own.
Although I was (I thought obviously) being facetious, there is a such thing as correct and incorrect opinions. Someone may subjectively believe that the earth is 6000 years old. This is their opinion, and it is incorrect.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2012, 03:45 AM   #54
ddr
Snapping away

speaking of buffets, i heard good ones in HK now are >$1k HKD / person

i haven't been back for 4 years now, but i remember them being $3-500/person. but i guess the sky's the limit for fancy cuisine in HK.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:05 AM   #55
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
There's also a Shang hai restaurant (cannot recall the name) across lansdowne mall (td Canada side) that's really good. It's usually pretty busy around lunch time but it's worth the wait.
Shanghai Wonderful. Their food is pretty solid.

I also like Bob's, Prata Man and Lee's Chicken as my guilty pleasure restaurants.

Tandoori Kona has some of the best Indian food I've had in the Lower Mainland.

Flying Beaver is my favourite pub/wings joint.

Screamers from Danny's Market in the summer
noots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #56
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 4,970 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
That's the correct opinion. It's impossible to make food taste good and have it sitting out, unless it's intended to be served that way.

You should have seen me and Dafonz at the Bellagio buffet everyone raves about. It was horrible, all our plates were filled with uneaten food lol. My friend from New Brunswick was like

Posted via RS Mobile
LOL you find a reason to bash on everything I say just because you don't like me ... but I don't blame you. & frankly, I don't really care either. You also fail the majority of my posts? LMFAO
& hey, I'm not trying to start an argument. Just wanted to put that out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palepilsenpin0y View Post
+1 to this. An opinion is indeed a subjective belief. Just 'cause we have a dissidence in opinion doesn't mean you have to shove it down my throat. Keep it to yourself, thanks
I like buffets, but you don't like buffets. So what? We've all had different experiences. You can't just eat at one shitty buffet, and immediately assume every buffet in the world is bad ... Your opinion's prejudiced and superficial

Quote:
Although I was (I thought obviously) being facetious, there is a such thing as correct and incorrect opinions. Someone may subjectively believe that the earth is 6000 years old. This is their opinion, and it is incorrect.
oh, and I agree with you 50% here, but the Earth's age can actually be proven with science. You can't prove "Best food in Richmond" with science though ...

Last edited by V4NC1TY; 01-02-2012 at 11:02 AM.
V4NC1TY is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #57
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
TACO LUIS
Old 01-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #58
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,438 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
have you been to the intercontinental buffet in hong kong?
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #59
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
have you been to the intercontinental buffet in hong kong?
Buffet food no matter how good cannot compare to freshly cooked served in front of you.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #60
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,438 Times in 981 Posts
didnt say it could but that doesnt mean it has to be bad.
keep in mind most restaurant food is not fresh anyway, just freshly put together.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #61
Need to Seek Professional Help

has anyone tried the hainanese chicken place beside capstone tea and manzu? (bridgeport) it deserves way more credibility. the portions are more than fair, i usually order the 1/2 chicken meal which comes with "6 bowls of rice" and itll be more than enough to fill 2 people all for like a little over $10 (i remember...)
i usually get it for take out tho since its not much of an environment. some may pass by without noticing it because of the shabby look but the food there is definitely worth a try
rocksforsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #62
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
^

Prata-man

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4NC1TY View Post
LOL you find a reason to bash on everything I say just because you don't like me ... but I don't blame you. & frankly, I don't really care either. You also fail the majority of my posts? LMFAO
& hey, I'm not trying to start an argument. Just wanted to put that out there.

+1 to this. An opinion is indeed a subjective belief. Just 'cause we have a dissidence in opinion doesn't mean you have to shove it down my throat. Keep it to yourself, thanks
I like buffets, but you don't like buffets. So what? We've all had different experiences. You can't just eat at one shitty buffet, and immediately assume every buffet in the world is bad ... Your opinion's prejudiced and superficial

oh, and I agree with you 50% here, but the Earth's age can actually be proven with science. You can't prove "Best food in Richmond" with science though ...
Dude I have nothing against you. I didn't even know who posted

I was just responding to your claim that there are good buffets. In my opinion, there is no such thing.

Now when I said that your opinion that there IS a such thing is "the wrong opinion" I was just fucking around. I know people are really sensitive to my posts sometimes, but come on, it was obviously a joke

So lighten up
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #64
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksforsale View Post
has anyone tried the hainanese chicken place beside capstone tea and manzu? (bridgeport) it deserves way more credibility. the portions are more than fair, i usually order the 1/2 chicken meal which comes with "6 bowls of rice" and itll be more than enough to fill 2 people all for like a little over $10 (i remember...)
i usually get it for take out tho since its not much of an environment. some may pass by without noticing it because of the shabby look but the food there is definitely worth a try
actually, u can find way better hainanese chicken elsewhere. The chicken from there is kinda gross. They use fat chicken and theres so much "jello" in between the skin and the meat which is gross (i'm talking about thick layers of jello). That place needs a new renovation cause who knows how they prep their food since the resturant is so old.

to that place
king_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #65
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
A few of my favourites:

Ichiro Sushi in Steveston village - Can get very busy at dinner hour. Best to make a reservation.

Steveston Pizza - Good, filling pizza with some very interesting types. Unfortunately, they do not sell by the slice and have very limited eat-in space.

Pho Lan - I don't have a very developed taste for Pho, but I enjoy this place a lot. Also can get very busy. Honestly, the place kind smells/feels dirty. However, the broth is flavourful enough and their spring rolls are some of the best I've sampled.

Nan Chuu - Basically G-Men ramen now. I kind of miss Nan-Chuu's old izakaya menu, but I also enjoy a decent bowl of ramen. Staff are friendly and atmosphere is decent.

Koto - Open really late, the main reason to go here. If you are hungry past 12am it's one of the few places in Richmond you can go and grab a bite.

Taco Luis - Good lunch snack. Have the 12" special for $7. You'll be full and happy. Unfortunately, Luis isn't at the Lansdowne location anymore to shoot the shit with, but the food is still good and filling.

Kev
Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #66

Kam Do for the Wife Pastry! XD
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #67
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Hm.... let me think...... for pretty good/cheap eats.. here is my list

BBQ Master (its in the superstore parking lot)
LA CHICKEN... best chicken EVER
Kona Tandor
Sushi Garden
Danny's Market- its not food.. but screamers !?!?!?!? woot
Shanghai Wonderful
Old 01-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #68
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chin3se604 View Post
What are some good and big hot pot places in Richmond?

I've only been to the one on Cambie and King Edward, and want to try something new

thanks
lol landmark hotpot is one of the higher end hotpots. if you have been there you'll be disappointed with others.

there's so hot so pot in richmond. it's AYCE for about 25 bux not bad.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #69

ummm i've been liking claypot recently on alexandra..$18.95 ayce + $1 for unlimited pop or plum juice..

tax and tip in about $26 but service is quite good (when I went)
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #70
Need to Seek Professional Help

+1 for LA chicken!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup View Post
Hm.... let me think...... for pretty good/cheap eats.. here is my list

BBQ Master (its in the superstore parking lot)
LA CHICKEN... best chicken EVER
Kona Tandor
Sushi Garden
Danny's Market- its not food.. but screamers !?!?!?!? woot
Shanghai Wonderful
rocksforsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #71
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,209 Times in 1,394 Posts
My favourite is Cafe D'Lite Hainanese chicken in Aberdeen. Not sure if others agree
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #72
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Tsukiji - japanese restaurant. I personally really enjoy the food and the enviroment there. Really comfy feeling for me at least. Food is alil pricey but I think its worth it.

Manzo - ( on Alexandre Rd) I got a thing for small japanese restaurants I guess. Snacks and food is pretty good here. Once again I really like the cozy enviroment in these places.

+1 for Taco Luis in Lansdowne
+1 for L.A Chicken as well
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #73
Hyde's Understudy

^ tsukiji and hachi are my fav japanese places in richmond!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #74
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Didn't want to create a new thread for this but BECAUSE we are on the subject of food in Richmond and BECAUSE Richmond is full of Chinese cafes, does anyone know where I can buy the chicken filets (at a grocery store) that are used when you order the chicken steak at those chinese cafes?

Not exactly sure what part of the chicken it is but I'm guessing it's the de-boned thigh with the skin left on. Regardless, all of the chicken cutlets/filets at any restaurant are the same, whether it be from 1+1 Enjoy, Kingspark, Redhouse, etc...

Last edited by neggo; 01-03-2012 at 06:57 PM.
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #75
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,157 Times in 954 Posts
Both LA Chicken and BBQ Master are on my list of top 10 meals to have after I get out of prison.

I've been a patron of LA Chicken for 22 years and I make it a point to stop there at least every 2nd time I'm in town. Ask for the crispy stuff and, if you like, ask for the rice. My brother and I are such regulars we get free chicken all the time, we gave her chocolate for Xmas and she took pictures of my brother's kid when he brought him in.
supafamous is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: