REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Quitting Smoking (https://www.revscene.net/forums/660524-quitting-smoking.html)

MasonJar 12-13-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsx (Post 8381193)
relapsed after 35 some days. Instead of 1 pack a day, I'm averaging 4-5. Weekends are a bit harder. But slowly cutting down.

Everytime there's a craving, I'll try to do pushups. It'll make me tired, keep my mind of it and maybe give it some negative reinforcement.

Just keep trying man. Brushing your teeth every time you want one may help too although that can be difficult depending on where you are :)

Chew lots and lots and lots of gum.

flipkronikz 01-31-2014 09:56 AM

160 days since last cig here. Was using nic gum for a week. Then started vaping. Just vaping really low nic now but eventually will goto no nic. I probably had 3 drags from a buddy's smoke in the 160 day time frame and it tasted like crap and couldnt stand it!
Posted via RS Mobile

Hot Karl 01-31-2014 10:26 AM

40 days. going strong. nothing even close to a relapse.

admittedly i cheat by smoking weed. e cigs, canadian or american work pretty decent for me when i do get a true craving. hit that thing a few times and i'm good. and that's on the rare side because i didn't wanna straight replace smoking with ecigs.

flipkronikz 01-31-2014 11:14 AM

I just had so many reasons to quit smoking so I had to quit. Wifey put up with it for years, baby on the way and coming close to a pack a day after 12 years of smoking u can imagine how it felt going to the gym.
Posted via RS Mobile

fliptuner 02-07-2014 04:07 PM

In the middle of early spring cleaning. Haven't smoked in the house/garage/car for 9.5 months.

Holy fuck I have a lot of smoking paraphernalia. 15 Zippo's, 30 Bics, 20 ashtrays, wicks, flint, fluid, etc....

Haven't gone through the cars yet. I'm pretty sure I'll find another dozen lighters and a few emergency packs.

Zedbra 02-07-2014 07:20 PM

On week 2 after quitting for 4 months last year and then starting again in the summer. I'm finding the withdrawal pangs rather easy this time, but the hunger at night is driving me nuts.

iwantaskyline 02-08-2014 09:11 PM

Anyone shed hair after quitting?

MindBomber 02-09-2014 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zedbra (Post 8413134)
On week 2 after quitting for 4 months last year and then starting again in the summer. I'm finding the withdrawal pangs rather easy this time, but the hunger at night is driving me nuts.

It took me multiple attempts to quit. I found the withdrawal pangs lessened substantially each attempt, and eventually the only really difficult time was early in the morning. You can conquer the cravings! Good luck!

rsx 02-09-2014 10:21 PM

I realized quitting cold turkey wasn't working so I've significantly cut down.

I've always smoked (well since I've been in Asia) Marb Reds, switched to lights, but nowadays have been disliking the taste. I'm now on menthols with the crush ball (and I hate menthols) so added incentive to eventually quit.

Hope everyone is doing better!!

N8 02-10-2014 06:48 PM

Nicorette mini lozenges are the way to go. If you've tried the oldstyle mints or gums and hated it, give this a shot. Takes about 8-10 minutes to dissolve and absorb and no real desire to smoke... I've been off for about 2 years now.

illestchk 03-05-2014 10:56 PM

Day 10.

Been a good run so far kicking the habit cold turkey.
I know I've just started but feels good knowing that I've made it even this far. Thank you willpower.

Why did I ever started smoking? :(

jonwon 03-06-2014 02:03 AM

this is my second run at quitting smoking. first go around i quit with no hesitation for 4 months; that was 4 years ago. the more i think about it, the more it scares me that i've been smoking over 1/3 of my life. it's day 4 now and so far the only problem i've run into is having trouble sleeping.

why did i suddenly want to quit again? i randomly ran into these ads and they scared the shit out of me. plus smoking also hurts your gains at the gym :)

JSALES 03-06-2014 05:08 PM

This is my second time I quit, I've quit for 2 months now with no cravings at all. The first time I quit I read "Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking" and it helped but I was partying way too much at the time and needless to say I got pressured into smoking again. I read the book a second time and I haven't smoked a cigarette since January 5, I guess it was good timing too since I heard prices of cigarettes are going up.

MindBomber 02-17-2015 01:48 PM

My Dad called me yesterday to tell me that he had not had a cigarette in 10 days and his cravings are near non-existent. A huge accomplishment for him as he has smoked for 43 years. I think that's a nice bit of inspiration for other smokers looking to quit.

hchang 03-26-2015 09:50 AM

Just read a bunch of posts above and did the math, I've also been smoking for roughly 1/3 of my life.

That's fucking scary.

Quit for a while then hung out with a buddy who smoked all the time, then ended up back in the grind.

New years resolution was to quit smoking but I've only cut down by 5 ish cigs a day.

How did you guys do it. Cold turkey just doesn't cut it for me I tried but ended up so short tempered. Cutting down seems like it only does so much cause everything's so habitual now. I have smokes around the same times everyday. I can't do push-ups or brush my teeth all day. Too much gum makes my jaws sore

Am I just making too many excuses ?

Fuck cigarettes are the dumbest things ever invented

6o4__boi 03-26-2015 10:04 AM

I smoked for ~8ish years
one day i just decided to cold turkey it
not gonna lie, the first few days were rough but you pretty much have to will yourself to suck it up.

also helped that i stopped hangin out with my buddies who smoked a lot at that time. I think if i still hung out with them a lot, it probably would've been damn near impossible to quit.

iirc, i think i just played fifa against the second lowest setting on the cpu, nothin like burying those bitches in goals while i rage internally and pretty much tried my hardest to ignore the people/things that pissed me off
imo, once you get past that two week mark its smooth sailing in terms of cravings. Social cues and habits take a while but if you keep at it it's easy.

:fuckthatshit:
but now i recently started vaping LOL, lowest nic content but i think i might be starting to develop a habit.

ts14 03-26-2015 10:42 AM

2 years clean.... Back at it starting yesterday. Fml

Ulic Qel-Droma 03-26-2015 01:14 PM

i don't smoke, but i got addicted to e-cig after 1 month.

whenever i stopped for more than a day, i would get cold sweats, can't sleep at night, super restless.

this anxiety kinda feeling crawling/clawing in my chest and limbs as i lay there.

it lasted a week, then i was ok. and then i didn't fill up that e-cig again.

25mg... dangerous.

the feeling is almost like claustrophobia, minus the fear. but that physical feeling of being trapped and unable to break out. like the worst itch that is not scratchable. deep inside your core lol.

Mr.HappySilp 03-26-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 8615488)

whenever i stopped for more than a day, i would get cold sweats, can't sleep at night, super restless.

this anxiety kinda feeling crawling/clawing in my chest and limbs as i lay there.

25mg... dangerous.

the feeling is almost like claustrophobia, minus the fear. but that physical feeling of being trapped and unable to break out. like the worst itch that is not scratchable. deep inside your core lol.

Don't E-cigs advertise that it is not addicted at all? I though that's the whole point...

Xu.Vi 03-26-2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8615500)
Don't E-cigs advertise that it is not addicted at all? I though that's the whole point...

Nicotine addiction.

TOPEC 03-26-2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma (Post 8615488)

25mg... dangerous.

wtf? u dont smoke yet u vape 25mg nic ecigs?! i smoked a pack a day for 10 years n cut down from 12mg ecigs down to 3mg. stopped smoking for a year now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8615500)

u can choose to use juices with nicotine or no nicotine at all. i dont get y people who dont smoke choose to start on ecigs

hchang 03-27-2015 09:29 AM

Just a heads up

Vape at Your Own Risk: Company-Ordered Recalls and the Lack of Regulation in the Canadian E-Cigarette Industry | VICE | Canada

Genzlinger 03-28-2015 02:44 PM

After so many attempts to quit, I simply said..."Fine, you win." and I haven't stopped suckin' on butts since...and feels sooo good! lol jk.

Drive_all_night 05-04-2015 01:04 PM

Hey guys, I'm vaping to try and quit smoking. Has anyone found success with this?

dragondragon99 05-04-2015 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drive_all_night (Post 8632953)
Hey guys, I'm vaping to try and quit smoking. Has anyone found success with this?

vaping is ok i guess but still not does the trick, i usally smoke after a joint, now its been like 2 days without a joint and i feel healther already