REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #26
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
^ I would tend to agree.

I would also apply this to meeting new people and/or picking up women.
Posted via RS Mobile
I always seem to attract the dumb women too... like people who are happy with $9/hr job i guess it is the people u hang with that reflect the people you attract

toyobaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #27
I don't get it

^ that's true but so is
"birds of a feather flock together"

While a person may hate hanging with ppl who he/she think are losers, if they usually stick with them on their own accord, they got a bit of loser in themselves too.
Posted via RS Mobile
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #28
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST SAID NO TO PAINTBALL AND DEAL WITH HIS NAGGING OR TELL HIM TO STOP NAGGING AND THAT YOU'VE MADE UP YOUR MIND 110%.

he's being a bitch, but you basically lied to him.

"not wanting to deal with it" is the pussy way out. that's all i gotta say.

you're a man, deal with it.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #29
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST SAID NO TO PAINTBALL AND DEAL WITH HIS NAGGING OR TELL HIM TO STOP NAGGING AND THAT YOU'VE MADE UP YOUR MIND 110%.

he's being a bitch, but you basically lied to him.

"not wanting to deal with it" is the pussy way out. that's all i gotta say.

you're a man, deal with it.
+1

I fucking hate flakers.
JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #30
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achiam View Post
An excellent piece of advice that a favorite high school teacher once told me, is "if you're the smartest guy in the room, you're in the wrong room." It sounds harsh, but stupid people will always weigh you down. It doesn't mean you have to end your friendships, but always strive to find smarter, more ambitious people, or you'll be dragged behind with their misfortunes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by achiam View Post
I meant if all your friends are deadbeats and you don't find smarter friends you're less likely to excel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
^ I would tend to agree.

I would also apply this to meeting new people and/or picking up women.
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated View Post
I always seem to attract the dumb women too... like people who are happy with $9/hr job i guess it is the people u hang with that reflect the people you attract
Quote:
Originally Posted by butter_sashimi View Post
^ that's true but so is
"birds of a feather flock together"

While a person may hate hanging with ppl who he/she think are losers, if they usually stick with them on their own accord, they got a bit of loser in themselves too.
Posted via RS Mobile
Whoa! since when did we all become elitists?

Life is never cut and dry nor black and white. That's only for people of simple mind. Yes it's generally a good quality for people to have ambition but you gotta balance that out with humility too.

Just because avg Joe is not your ideal "overachiever" doesn't make him any less valuable as person, or a human being. I'd completely hang out with minimum wage ppl if they're totally a worthwhile person.

No wonder why Vancouver has a "certain" reputation:
http://www.revscene.net/forums/66083...anmag-com.html
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

i wouldnt say they are purely elitist comments, but just facing reality

i do agree that not being an ideal overacheiever doesnt make him less valuable as a person, but they do lose some respectability if they dont carry that overall vision in life to move forward intelligently. what seperates us from the animals on earth? our minds

from the great Arnorld Rothstein of Boardwalk Empire: "What should you expect what you conduct business in a stable?"

lol nice that you linked that vanmag article...which is garbage

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:58 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
i wouldnt say they are purely elitist comments, but just facing reality

i do agree that not being an ideal overacheiever doesnt make him less valuable as a person, but they do lose some respectability if they dont carry that overall vision in life to move forward intelligently. what seperates us from the animals on earth? our minds

from the great Arnorld Rothstein of Boardwalk Empire: "What should you expect what you conduct business in a stable?"

lol nice that you linked that vanmag article...which is garbage

Of course it's garbage. That was the point of the link. It was a mirror intending to show the dangers of faux-elitist-attitude; And c'mon, rebuttal with a TV show quote? And a gangster show at that? And you make fun of my reference as "garbage" lol

Also why do they lose respectability? Because they're not smarter than we are? Is it because they do not hold the same social status? Maybe it's because they don't make the same money we do? Or is it perhaps they haven't acquired material assets at the rate we more privileged ones are doing?

So do tell. Why are people of more humble lifestyle lose respectability?
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #33
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
I was going through a tough time with moving forward in life, as well as becoming who I wanted to be. I didn't really wanna talk to anyone about this stuff, so I decided to read up on some self-help. Take this with a grain of salt, it's just what's been working for me.

This may sound a little harsh and extreme. "You can't fly with chickens." is a quote I'm still trying very hard to wrap my head around. I decided that it's not the best way to put things, but it's a good way to help you put things in perspective when you feel let down or held back. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who just never grow up. You can't change them, and shouldn't waste your time trying to change them.

People who are or aren't your friends isn't that clear cut into black or white. There's MANY shades of grey to consider, but below is kind of a blunt way to put it, if you had to cut it into black and white. Just because you hang out with certain people more, doesn't mean they're a better friend. Of course in reality, there's friends who lean more towards black, and friends who lean more towards white. It's up to you to decide who they are to you.

There's friends who are essentially nothing more than acquaintances. They're the ones you play cards with, go for food with, see at parties, whatever. Faced with a situation, they wouldn't lift a finger for you. You may see these friends every day, but that doesn't mean anything.

Then there are your "true friends" who are pretty much family. They would go distances for you, and you would do the same for them. These are the people who would throw their life on the line for you, go out of their way to help you, and be there for you as if you were their brother. These are the people who you can tell anything to, and they would be with you 100%. These are usually the people you can talk to about relationships, family, feelings, whatever. (Just for laughs, a juvenile way to think about this is, if you were gay, who would you trust to tell? )

It's crazy how when you start "categorizing" your friends in your mind, it becomes clearer with who is actually a "true friend." So if you're ever debating whether or not you should be let down or hurt because of a certain person, just ask yourself where they stand in your "list of friends" and if it's worth fighting for. If not, then just brush it off your shoulder and keep moving forward with your life.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0

Last edited by PJ; 01-15-2012 at 11:15 AM.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Of course it's garbage. That was the point of the link. It was a mirror intending to show the dangers of faux-elitist-attitude; And c'mon, rebuttal with a TV show quote? And a gangster show at that? And you make fun of my reference as "garbage" lol

okay glad were clear that its garbage. and yes a tv show quote, because its the last series ive watched and it rings true gangster show or not. the people you associate yourself with definitely has a lot of influence on you

Also why do they lose respectability? Because they're not smarter than we are? Is it because they do not hold the same social status? Maybe it's because they don't make the same money we do? Or is it perhaps they haven't acquired material assets at the rate we more privileged ones are doing?

first off, i should have clarified and not associated overachievers with having that overall sense of vision and life. because some people just get lucky and hit the big bucks? be it connections or just pure lottery. and some are not so lucky, they are in the gutter yet they are very bright. maybe they just applied themselves in the wrong way

i didnt say at all that they lose respectability because of money, material or social status. not what i was implying at all to make it clear.

its not right to look down on someone because they may be working a lower end job. everyones path is different, and some are not as fortunate as others.

well i guess in that sense, it shouldnt be right to lose respectibility to those who lack the vision...again not everyone is blessed with the same opportunities be it education or just guidance from those closest around them

So do tell. Why are people of more humble lifestyle lose respectability?

its not about being humble. there could be a billionaire who is very humble and yet a bum who is also very humble. but i know what you are getting at.

youve made some good points noir ill give you a sincere thanks

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #35

^ Ditto, thanks to you to as well. Good convo.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #36
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHatta View Post
+1

I fucking hate flakers.
its sad that some people just can't take a hint. they keep begging and begging.