REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Cheapasses spotted in Richmond

Just had dinner at Gyo-O in Richmond with the wife. First off, there is a big sign in the front saying "cash only". Table next to us is a young chinese couple. When they ask for the bill, they ask if they can split the bill half cash, half debit. The waiter kindly points out the sign saying "cash only". They say they don't have enough cash, so the waiter points out there is a TD just around the corner. The girl then tells the waiter she doesn't want to get dinged using the ATM... .

So they start counting out all their coins, and after emptying out their pockets, they're still short $1 of the total bill (not even including tips of course). The guy then goes up to the manager and says "I'm really sorry, but this all the money we have. Is it okay if we're only short a dollar?" Of course the manager says no, and again points out that there is a TD right around the corner, and again they say they don't want to get dinged on the ATM fee, to which the manager pretty much told him she didn't really care if he got dinged or not.

The guy goes back to his gf and mumbles how embarassing this is and they might have to stay to wash the dishes. So then the gf goes up to the manager and starts pleading with her saying "it's only a dollar, can't you just let us go?". I'm about to just give them $5 to spare the poor manager, when the manager finally just tells them to just go. I didn't realize such cheapasses existed...

Advertisement
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Always...
I remember one time this Filipino lady held up the line at Superstore for 10 minutes over 15 cents..

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #3
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Wouldn't have been surprised if the couple walked out the door....and get into a Benz/Bimmer
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High View Post
Wouldn't have been surprised if the couple walked out the door....and get into a Benz/Bimmer
True story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #5
Who's naughty? I___i

manager could have asked them to leave one of their belongings behind until they paid in full?
Szeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Bet the bf mumbled "works every time" as he walked out.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

boycott cash only richmond restaurants
niu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #8
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
lol one time eating at Onyx in white rock which is basically imo on par with Hy's etc. there was this loud mouthed EI guy sitting alone across from our booth, the guy sent back a filet because he said it was overcooked then he ordered the chicken and didnt even eat it

all the time ordering drinks etc. and pestering us saying "hey you guys come to boston pizza often? i own a couple" bla bla bla having the waitresses undo and re-adjust his watch on his wrist etc like he was somthing special or fuck i dunno lol

by the end of the night the female manager was going through his wallet swiping every single card he had to try and get payment on the meal until they just told him to fuck off and kept a handfull of his cards for ID etc.

i dunno if he was just cheap or stupid lol

BTW, if i was you and gave up that $5 i would have been sure to make a scene of it lol
Old 01-05-2012, 11:15 PM   #9
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szeto View Post
manager could have asked them to leave one of their belongings behind until they paid in full?
Yeah... "Bitch stays here for collateral... lady, go get the cash."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #10
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Washing dishes versus a $1.50 ABM fee?
see.lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #11
SardaukarMod

FYI: Obtaining Food by False Pretenses is a criminal offence under S.364(1) of the Criminal Code of Canada. There needs to be intent though.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #12
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,527 Times in 834 Posts
Jeeeeeez, talk about breaking the stereotype

Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #13
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker

Last edited by Bonka; 01-08-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #14
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
"$1? here keep my wife...she can cook and wash dishes"

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #15
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
They probably didn't have enough money in the bank to make a withdrawl. Min is $20 and if they wanted to pay partial cash and rest debit, it probably would have only be 10 bucks or something...

Should not have been eating out anyways...assholes.
Posted via RS Mobile
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #16
My homepage has been set to RS

i see this alot when i work the cashiers at retail stores, ppl sometimes would rather count all their pennies and nickels instead of using their debit card because it will charge them a 25 cents

Last edited by blee123; 01-08-2012 at 10:13 PM.
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #17
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
"$1? here keep my wife...she can cook and wash dishes"
lol if they did drive in a BMW or a merc, im pretty sure the women cant cook worth shit...
Old 01-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #18
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyzy View Post
Just had dinner at Gyo-O in Richmond with the wife. First off, there is a big sign in the front saying "cash only". Table next to us is a young chinese couple. When they ask for the bill, they ask if they can split the bill half cash, half debit. The waiter kindly points out the sign saying "cash only". They say they don't have enough cash, so the waiter points out there is a TD just around the corner. The girl then tells the waiter she doesn't want to get dinged using the ATM... .

So they start counting out all their coins, and after emptying out their pockets, they're still short $1 of the total bill (not even including tips of course). The guy then goes up to the manager and says "I'm really sorry, but this all the money we have. Is it okay if we're only short a dollar?" Of course the manager says no, and again points out that there is a TD right around the corner, and again they say they don't want to get dinged on the ATM fee, to which the manager pretty much told him she didn't really care if he got dinged or not.

The guy goes back to his gf and mumbles how embarassing this is and they might have to stay to wash the dishes. So then the gf goes up to the manager and starts pleading with her saying "it's only a dollar, can't you just let us go?". I'm about to just give them $5 to spare the poor manager, when the manager finally just tells them to just go. I didn't realize such cheapasses existed...

is this the place in Continental plaza? the jap place.
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #19
SB7
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,543 Times in 464 Posts
What a bunch of losers
Posted via RS Mobile
SB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:58 PM   #20
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Only in Richmond
Old 01-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #21
I STILL don't get it

yeah the couple in that story is redic, but this really has nothing to do with being cheap though, like my parents are CHEAP, anytime there is a sale/coupon shit they fucking ON IT and doing statistical analysis on the cheapest possible outcome and shit, this just pure fuckery lol. Its not the fact that its only a dollar its the principle that matters, and its funny how they said oh its just a dollar short yet they the ones that won't go to the ATM because of 1.50?! .
GrapeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #22
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee123 View Post
richmond is full of cheap asses these days. When Mcdonalds had that free coffee promotion, majority of ppl lining up were older Asians
Dude, old ppl were lined up all over the lower mainland...nothing to do with being asian. It was like a senior's zombie march everywhere. Cities stunk like mothballs and polident.
Posted via RS Mobile
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #23
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
hmm speaking of cheapasses... how about these restaurants trying to get out of paying taxes to the govt... that should be the topic of this thread, not a couple on a night out even though they're scraping by
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #24
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
They probably didn't have enough money in the bank to make a withdrawl. Min is $20 and if they wanted to pay partial cash and rest debit, it probably would have only be 10 bucks or something...

Should not have been eating out anyways...assholes.
Posted via RS Mobile
LOL Is kinda of funny I work as tech support/Customer service and from time to time there are these acct that is disconnect for non pay and when they call to complain I look up their file and they have like EVERY SINGLE CHANNEL and tons Pay per view events lol. Then they complain they have no money to pay....... but demand cable and Internet to be turn back on........

I am sorry but if you can't afford shit, don't get shit what's so hard to learn..... You have $10 with you why the hell would you order a $100 meal is beyond me.........

True story too when Chinese call in to get promo and wanted to speak to someone who can speak Chinese I always try to avoid it or say I don't speak Chinese but I can only understand it (I can both say and understand it). One of the major reason is when a Chinese call about pricing 90% of the time they want a promo. If you only speak English to them they usually don't nag but as soon as you speak Chinese you could be on the phone with them for hours lol...........Some even complain about a few cents in late fees

Of all the people I deal with I have to Japanese are the nicest. They don't get angry easier, sound very nice and polite, follow instructions and try to understand what you are saying even when they don't really get what you want to tell them.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #25
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
If you want to talk about cheap asses. What about the restaurant owner that wont accept debit cards because of a 20 cent or less fee? Now that's being a cheap ass.