REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #26
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I don't like the peeps at BJ

I bought my M3 at Autowest. good people there
Advertisement
Phat_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #27
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Hi guys,

I work for Brian Jessel BMW in Customer Relations. I'm truly sorry to hear about the poor service that some of you have encountered.

I hope you guys don't mind me sending you a PM to discuss your concerns and experiences. I would like to take the opportunity to rectify each of your concerns and to improve our service moving forward.

Should any of you guys have any concerns, questions, feedback in the future, please do not hesitate to send me a PM (include your name and contact number). I will attend it right away and to make sure you are taken care of. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Tim
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #28
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Brian Jessel or Autowest really sucks in service IMO.
I recently visit the new dealership at Langley BMW, I think they are by far the best right now. Very eager salesmen/women, and they let you test drive. Unlike the other two dearlership, they treat you like peasant unless you know someone or look like a baller.
Pumbaa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #29
DUHHH HELLLLLLLLLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan3 View Post
Hi guys,

I work for Brian Jessel BMW in Customer Relations. I'm truly sorry to hear about the poor service that some of you have encountered.

I hope you guys don't mind me sending you a PM to discuss your concerns and experiences. I would like to take the opportunity to rectify each of your concerns and to improve our service moving forward.

Should any of you guys have any concerns, questions, feedback in the future, please do not hesitate to send me a PM (include your name and contact number). I will attend it right away and to make sure you are taken care of. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Tim
That's Tim for you, good on you Tim for doing extra work!

he was one of the nominated, for employee of the year 2011.

oh and side note heres his sick s2k!
(hope you dont mind me posting Tim)
20101031-Matt-Kwok-tims2k-01.jpg
Photo Credit: MATT KWOK

For Sale
BMW Multimedia cord for iDrive
GDchoi's Closet Cleanout
GDChoi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #30
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

thanks to artmotion and tyler, i bought a 328i from autowest. with premium package sports package and sound package.

Can not wait till thursday for delivery. and i hope weather is good cuz its running on summers.

Last edited by kkttsang; 01-15-2012 at 10:25 AM.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #31
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

...Don't be out in summers right now.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #32

I just gotta get it home then I have winters waiting
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #33
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post
I just gotta get it home then I have winters waiting
Posted via RS Mobile
Congrats on your new car! Have you thought about asking the dealer to put the snow tires on for you since you just the bought the car? I'm sure they will do it for free as long as you bring them the tires.
Posted via RS Mobile
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #34

im hoping tuesday will be like today then i can drive it home if not, then i'll have to wait till next week when the weather warms up and then i can pick it up but i cant wait another week.

i have no way of getting the tires there, but thats a good idea.
Also i want to put some anti seize on there when i change them too.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #35
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Went to brian jessel to buy some chrome marker bulbs (chrome when off/light up amber when on). Anyways, the parts manager sold and installed 25watt bulbs in a 21 watt socket. Every few weeks they would burn out, and so would the socket, and I'd pay $3x.xx for a new bulb and new socket. After about 2 or 3 times I realized my side marker housings were getting warped and melting/deforming, then I pulled em out and realized my entire wiring harness was turning black/burning up behind that light, and the connector was pretty mangled.

So I went back and showed them. The technician who was helping me (who was a pretty cool dude and seemed pretty knowledgeable) told me it'd probably be crazy expensive to fix that wire as the entire length of it would have to be replaced, they'd have to trace it back to the harness, etc. He said he would see if they could do anything to help me out, but he'd have to ask the general manager who wasn't in that day. So for the time being I just re-installed my stock yellow bulbs.

I went there a few days later, and talked to the general manager at BJ. He basically dismissed us because we didn't have any receipts (who the hell keeps receipts for a $30 purchase months ago?). Anyways, he gave me new bulbs and got a tech to install them, and basically told us he wouldn't do anything else. Now I got 2 half burnt out sockets, a completely mangled connector and a mangled power wire. But, for the moment it works, and I don't see it, so I guess it's okay. I would never go there again though, what a bunch of idiots.

OH! And another time I went in with another friend to get some pricing on a new M3 (he later ended up buying a brand new 335IS Cab from another dealer) and the sales associate was a total douche. We drove in a nice car, we weren't dressed crappy, and the guy we dealt with was just a total douche bag. Talking down to us, telling us pretty obvious things .. the whole time it just seemed like he wanted us to GTFO. All we wanted was a catalogue and some pricing (Friend's dad is old school, wanted to see a catalogue rather than online). He told us he'd go get it, and made us wait like 45 minutes If he had just been as courteous as we were, gave us the catalogue, showed us around the new m3 and 335is, and stapled his card do the catalogue and told us "If you need anything, just call me" he would've made some easy commission.

The girl working at the parts desk (I don't know her name) is super nice though, and tries to remember your name. I've gone in so many times for little parts and she's always so nice. The rest of 'em just seem like snobby fucks. God's sake ... its a BMW dealership and this is vancouver ... you're not exactly selling me a buggati veyron
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #36
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,496 Times in 4,303 Posts
^
This is why I like Autowest for parts. Everybody there is very laid back and extremely helpful. Doesn't matter what car you drive, how G-Unit your clothes are and how terrible your English is. They are a bunch of straight up guys.

Walk in through the front door or through the Express service doors, instantly you are greeted, asked how you are doing and how they can help you. Oh, and I love their waiting lounge.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #37
RS Veteran

I bought a car once at BJBMW and never returned because of the crappy customer service. I had all the services done at The BMW Store instead and bought a replacement car from them last year. The BMW Store is far superior compare to BJBMW.

They posted a lot 25 to 50 posts per day. 90% of the posts where full sentences and they always stayed on topic.

The posts where all in good humour and topical (most of the time).

It was not the quantity of posts it was based on quality.

Only a few ROOGP are left on RS as most of the ROOGP got fed up of the BS that the new breed of Post Whores are putting up in here.
TRD3000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:37 PM   #38
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

My father in-law bought a x3 a few years back and the salesmen said they would take care of us after we buy the car and give us a good deal etc. After they cleaned the car to deliver it to us we discovered a 3" scratch on the driver side door and it was quite deep and they brushed it off as if it was not a big deal. We knew then the "we will take car of you after" was BS as they were already not taking care of us right after the purchase! They tried to use some wax to go over it but you could still easily tell it was there. He kept trying to brush it off and finally we went to the director dude Jim Murray and he was nice enough to have it sent to Advance Auto right away to fix it. Now when the father in law brings it in for service he has had a few issues at BJ already such as not getting a courtesy car or sometimes they give him a non-bmw car treating him like they are too busy for him he says. Talk about BS from their sales people. I will not buy a BMW from there after that experience. Their sales people are all talk to get you to buy and as soon as you sign you are just another number.

S-exy
U-ber
P-owerful
R-aw
A-nimal
SupraMan604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #39
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedback. I will PM you all to hear your concerns to see how I can help.

I really want to say that many of us put in extra hours every week and work very hard each day to make sure our clients are taken care of. It takes a whole team effort to maintain #1 in Canada for years. I've been with this company for 5+ years and these are some of the best people I've ever met. We truly understand that without you guys, we are nothing. You are Not just a number to us, we thank you for your patronage and we want to be your BMW service provider for life.

PM me if you have a concern. Give me a chance to make it right. Thank you.

Regards,
Tim
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #40
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD3000GT View Post
I bought a car once at BJBMW and never returned because of the crappy customer service. I had all the services done at The BMW Store instead and bought a replacement car from them last year. The BMW Store is far superior compare to BJBMW.

I agree with you. The services of The BMW store is much better than BJBMW.
eosin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #41
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Yea, AutoWest BMW is a much better dealer compared to BJBMW. It's one of the few dealers whose sales aren't complete douches (this goes for merc, hyundai, toyota, etc)
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #42
I STILL don't get it

F*ck BJBMW!

When I was shopping around for my 335i lease I went to all the dealerships to see who could give me the best quote, had no problems at autowest, bmw store, park shore in getting quotes, and each sales person at those 3 dealerships understood I wanted to shop around and were nice about it. At BJ, I had to get reception to call a sales person out to the floor to help me. Turns out the guy was in the cafe area eating donuts.

When it came time to ask for a quote he looked down his nose at me, refused and said 'you know the price, why do you need a quote?' and started to make a big fuss out of it. Eventually he gave me a quote and basically threw it at me. So I took that quote and ripped it up and basically told him to f*ck off.

Ended up getting my car at The BMW Store. Their service is great (I've had to go in multiple times, HPFP problems as well as cat converter/injectors) and I've always been given a courtesy car and good status updates/follow ups. Don't even get me started on BJ service. I had my first HPFP die on me and I went to BJ since they were closer. My second HPFP, BJ was the closest dealership but I got my car towed to The BMW Store just because I didn't want to deal with BJ.

I'll never step foot inside BJBMW again.
blum2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #43
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedback. I will PM you all to hear your concerns to see how I can help.

I really want to say that many of us put in extra hours every week and work very hard each day to make sure our clients are taken care of. It takes a whole team effort to maintain #1 in Canada for years. I've been with this company for 5+ years and these are some of the best people I've ever met. We truly understand that without you guys, we are nothing. You are Not just a number to us, we thank you for your patronage and we want to be your BMW service provider for life.

Regards,
Tim
I have no doubt that majority of the staff at BJBMW are great, it's just ashamed that a few people in the sales and service department can ruin the reputation in my eyes.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #44
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blum2001 View Post
F*ck BJBMW!

When I was shopping around for my 335i lease I went to all the dealerships to see who could give me the best quote, had no problems at autowest, bmw store, park shore in getting quotes, and each sales person at those 3 dealerships understood I wanted to shop around and were nice about it. At BJ, I had to get reception to call a sales person out to the floor to help me. Turns out the guy was in the cafe area eating donuts.

When it came time to ask for a quote he looked down his nose at me, refused and said 'you know the price, why do you need a quote?' and started to make a big fuss out of it. Eventually he gave me a quote and basically threw it at me. So I took that quote and ripped it up and basically told him to f*ck off.

Ended up getting my car at The BMW Store. Their service is great (I've had to go in multiple times, HPFP problems as well as cat converter/injectors) and I've always been given a courtesy car and good status updates/follow ups. Don't even get me started on BJ service. I had my first HPFP die on me and I went to BJ since they were closer. My second HPFP, BJ was the closest dealership but I got my car towed to The BMW Store just because I didn't want to deal with BJ.

I'll never step foot inside BJBMW again.
Was your salesperson an older brown guy? Mine was when I had to deal with the whole 'you already know the price'/belittling crap.

The service department has one woman that works at the parts desk whose always extra nice, I don't mind dealing with her -- she's a good people person and actually knows a ton of chit about cars.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #45
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
Was your salesperson an older brown guy? Mine was when I had to deal with the whole 'you already know the price'/belittling crap.

The service department has one woman that works at the parts desk whose always extra nice, I don't mind dealing with her -- she's a good people person and actually knows a ton of chit about cars.
Nope.. asian guy, probably 35-45 years old.

This was just under 3 years ago when I got my lease so I have no idea if the douche is still there or not.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #46
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
My 328i coupe was from autowest...BJ took my lease in a year early, gave me money on top and I drove out with a 2010 750i a few days ago. Khan over at BJ was the only salesperson willing to give me a deal and the service was excellent so I went with BJ but mind you, Ray over at Autowest is a good guy to deal with as well so both dealers in my book are excellent.

And my first BMW was from the BMW store, the sales guy was persian...wonder if he still works there? Does the old german guy still work on the service side? He was super friendly and was extremely helpful.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #47
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Hi guys,

Regards,
Tim
Hello Tim,

Please take this message with a grain of salt but I find it absolutely ridiculous that SO many people are having the SAME issues with the SAME dealership for such a long time now! Reading these messages, working for a dealership that has treated people so poorly, I would imagine someone from management would come forth and try to rectify the situation immediately. Weed out the bad apples, set a company standard for service. Yet, there seems to be no such thing happening.

Again, let's step back and look at this from far way. This is just ONE thread in ONE forum, initiated by one person asking for advice. And it has evolved into a thread full of poor experiences that are unanimously the same. That's pretty appalling for a high-end luxury dealership, let alone, one that calls themselves the best in Canada, no? BMW is creating a reputation by manufacturing solid vehicles. Their cars speak for themselves. As a dealership, it's your responsibility to maintain that reputation and ensure that people have a reason to come shop for a BMW apart from buying a solid German vehicle.

I personally bought my last BMW in 2006 and haven't shopped at Brian Jessel since then. Poor service from the people that matter, salesman, service managers and sales managers. These are the guys that benefit the most from the sales and you would expect them, if anyone to act like their customers, ALL customers, have business that they value.

It's funny Hongy mentioned that he ended up buying an Audi after receiving such poor service next door at Brian Jessel. I too did the same thing. People end up receiving poor service at BJ and walk 5 feet over to Open Road Audi where they get a chance to swoop up BJ's lost business. Imagine how many other people have done the same thing!

Again, I doubt this message will be read in its entirety nor will it be taken into consideration. Actions speak louder than words and as far as I'm concerned, your job is to come in here and make it seem like what I have to say matters. As far as I'm concerned, you're doing your job just fine. But in all honesty, it doesn't mean anything if nothing is being done about it; and evidently, people are having the same problems.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #48
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
Speaking of horrid service.... remember Richmond Subaru?

Since this is somewhat on the topic of mistreatment, heres another story after the shit storm.

I was offered a front limited v-lip for cheap after the whole ordeal with them, it was nice of them, so I took them up on the offer.

The actual manager of the parts & service Yogesh was very very helpful & nice through email & person. Though when the time came to pick up the lip, the others were....not so nice.

They knew who I was, they knew what I did,

"I'm here to pick up the lip I ordered"

"lip? what is a lip?"

"uh...front chin spoiler"

"spoiler? that goes on the back, do you mean these lips?" (points to his mouth)

"....no" (awkward laugh and smile)

"hahahahahaha, no I know what you mean."

"oh...ok"

I thought he was joking, then in the back

"that guys here, hes here to pick up his..... lip" (biggest shit eating grin on his face)

Just a bunch of laughs and glares at this point as the guy went to get the lip in the back.

It was honestly really awkward and demeaning as if I said the "ricer" word, just your usual young guy treatment there I guess.

Its been 3 months after this little "situation", I'm just putting this here as its on topic, I don't want to start another ordeal with them, I wish to have no association with them any further, as I am still treated like an idiot after all is said and done, I've taken my business else where, with much better treatment. (Bought the lip about a week after the cars were exchanged)

Last edited by belaud; 05-03-2012 at 04:14 PM.
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #49

BMW has those post sales surveys, but it is only on the dealership that you bought the car from, so its biased since you bought it there you obviously will give them a good survey.

BMW should have a post sales survey that will allow customers to rate other dealership, with questions like, "What other dealership did you go to" "How were their sales service compare to other dealership"

that way they may have a better idea of how each dealership is running things.

Those surveys are important to them, my sales guy told me that is what gets them bonuses at the end of the yr.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #50
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Lol, this is why I like shopping for my truck. I walk into any domestic dealership dressed in jeans and a sweater and I can have a truck priced out exactly the way I want it in less than 5-10 minutes.