REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #76
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman_2K View Post
that's what I'm thinking....can't think of anything else in HK that I can't get into....lol
i was thinking some CLUB's SPECIAL VIP ROOM...
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #77
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Shopping at Harbour City is definitely catered to the mainlanders nowadays; line-ups are crazy and from my personal experience, the staffs greet you in mandarin. 15 mins walk away, you could go to elements mall which has everything Harbour city has (and more) but without the crowd and better service.
Posted via RS Mobile
ntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #78
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntan View Post
Shopping at Harbour City is definitely catered to the mainlanders nowadays; line-ups are crazy and from my personal experience, the staffs greet you in mandarin. 15 mins walk away, you could go to elements mall which has everything Harbour city has (and more) but without the crowd and better service.
Posted via RS Mobile
Yes, going to Canton Rd is just like going to China now. And in the last 8-12 months the same can be said for the main shopping areas of Mong Kok. Most of the electronics and clothing stores have been replaced by cosmetics stores, and it is way busier now, every night, not just weekends like before.

Last time I went to Harbour City, I saw a lady wearing a really expensive fur coat and designer bag, shoes, etc, hawk a loogie on the floor

If these are the people who hang out at these super exclusive places that I can't get into, FINE BY ME. I don't want to be there.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #79
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
keep hating, you can't even get in to the places we usually go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostslut View Post
So really though, where are these places that we "normal folk" can't get into, and why can't we? Seriously curious.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Sorry I have no intentions to ever step foot in a surrey gay bar or wait you are in HK/china let's change that to I have no intentions of ever stepping in a gay bar located in china
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE3P-T View Post
example?

i want to know like what kinda place that we can't get in???
Quote:
that's what I'm thinking....can't think of anything else in HK that I can't get into....lol
Quote:
oohhhh you mean those VIP'ssss seats??
Hip Hong Kong | HYDE Lyndhurst Terrace Member's Only Night Club

HYDE

Located in Central’s newest commercial building Lyndhurst Tower, Hyde is a members only lounge and club that has become an instant hot spot for Central's nightlife-savvy crowd.

Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #80
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruuze View Post
^ main land of china, fob of china, hong kong of china... lol asian politics
LOL I thought only us brown people were involved in bizarre politics.
Posted via RS Mobile
booge_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:02 AM   #81
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89andy View Post
I see no reason to say that you bought a D&G jacket for over 10,000 hkd and claim you are not in the least bragging about. Not to mention listing your location as mid-levels hk, as if you need to tell people your well off. Fucking idiot. I should list my location as the peak.

D&G makes fucking shitty ass clothes too btw. Have fun with your jacket.
You are a serious social noob if you think wearing Dolce and living in Mid-levels is anywhere near the very top of the game. I know a ton of people who actually moved away from Mid-levels to other much more expensive places in Hong Kong. See, people like you only know of Mid-levels as the baller places of Hong Kong, when people like us know that there are much more baller places. As a matter of fact, we are considering moving away from Mid-levels as well, but we are staying here because its right beside the 'downtown core' of HK.

Quote:
example?

i want to know like what kinda place that we can't get in???
Please see above. Even if I tell you where these places are, you still probably don't know where they are or what they are. For example, a wonton noodle restaurant in Central is invite only, and that can be completely ridiculous to a lot of people. There are tons of places in HK like this such as nightclubs, golf clubs, bars, and restaurants. No hard feelings but this is the harsh truth of reality, because social statuses here are a lot more apparent and distinct than in Vancouver.
Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #82
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^This is exactly why I f*cking hate Hongers.. They treat it like it's a battle among the ranks .. kind of like in an episode of Gossip Girl, except you guys are the bitches

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #83
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Harbour City was ridiculous. Line-ups outside these stores on a Tuesday afternoon. The customers and staff were mainly mainlanders. We weren't greeted and when spoken too, the staff's attitude was simply - are you ready to buy something? I agree with the poster above, Elements was far better.

Kev
Old 01-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #84
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

^Elements is also awesome as I could have an affordable breakfast at 大快活 and leech wifi at the same time from HSBC Shopping can get dull there unless you're always looking to spend big bucks. Luckily Jordan road is nearby!
Posted via RS Mobile
ntan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #85
TMT
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Mean while in Africa...
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #86
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

I spend my days in Sum Shui Poh lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #87
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

So hongers are protesting preferential treatment of mainlanders but have developed a society where membership-only wonton noodle restaurants exist?
Posted via RS Mobile
97ITR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #88
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
I spend my days in Sum Shui Poh lol
Posted via RS Mobile
I FUCKING LOVE Ap Liu Street, that place feels almost like Tatooine in Star Wars. Bargain tools, equipment, parts...
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #89
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

Thats probably the part of HK that I really identify with. Wake up early, go have dim sum, walk the markets - all before 11am.

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #90
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzz View Post
Check out the fashion forum, a lot of people spend a lot on clothes such as dolce as well like Jah Gekko, back then when I posted there.
I just noticed this statement. Don't tarnish other ppl's names by dragging them to your pathetic worthless piece of s*it level.

I met Jah 4/5 yrs ago via BS Buy/Sell and he's a down to earth type with a good sense of fashion. You on the other hand come off as a complete piece of trash. You don't even appreciate fashion. You only appreciate the high price-tag so you can flaunt it.

Go DIAF

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: