REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   1000 Mad Hongers vs D&G (https://www.revscene.net/forums/660985-1000-mad-hongers-vs-d-g.html)

asian_XL 01-09-2012 03:53 AM

1000 Mad Hongers vs D&G

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/newsim...3329801DG2.jpg

Get the picture? - The Standard

Quote:

More than 1,000 people protested outside Dolce & Gabbana's elite Tsim Sha Tsui flagship, demanding an apology for alleged discrimination against locals banned from taking pictures of its storefront display.
:accepted:

Sky_High 01-09-2012 04:01 AM

Go check out D&G's official facebook fan page.
Expand on the comments....or view "everyone's posts"

:drunk:

asian_XL 01-09-2012 04:15 AM

Ironman appeared at D&G store...LOL

^ same guy as this one
http://jonsibal.com/blog/wp-content/...375&zc=1&q=100

Zyzz 01-09-2012 04:48 AM

funny I just bought a dolce winter coat a few days ago, from the one at pacific place. But I still get tons of services from both the TST one and this one.

they don't discriminate against hongers and treat mainlanders better, they just discriminate against dumb looking poor people (same with Hermes, Prada, CSS and all those watch shops really). Not a lot of people can afford $10,000+ HKD jackets.

J____ 01-09-2012 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyzz (Post 7754917)
funny I just bought a dolce winter coat a few days ago, from the one at pacific place. But I still get tons of services from both the TST one and this one.

they don't discriminate against hongers and treat mainlanders better, they just discriminate against dumb looking poor people (same with Hermes, Prada, CSS and all those watch shops really). Not a lot of people can afford $10,000+ HKD jackets.

10,000 hkd winter jacket is nothing. Stop bragging

GLOW 01-09-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J____ (Post 7754923)

lol
read your post and immediately thought
http://images.cheezburger.com/comple...e0728a806c.jpg

on a serious note, the article noted they are protesting because they werent allowed to take photos of their displays? isnt that commom for most if not all stores?

shawn79 01-09-2012 06:02 AM

INB4 skinnypupp comment something about HK'ers

Nightwalker 01-09-2012 06:24 AM

I guess D&G must be extremely popular there.

Pretty retarded.

Zyzz 01-09-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J____ (Post 7754923)

if it came off as bragging, then I don't think you can go anywhere far in life carrying that attitude. :facepalm:

And you are a retard if you think 10k hkd is nothing here. A lot of graduates here (like with HKIE qualifications) can barely make over 10k hkd or 1.2k cad here.

trollface 01-09-2012 07:26 AM

lol. They parked supercars in front of it last time.

Wongtouski 01-09-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 7754929)
on a serious note, the article noted they are protesting because they werent allowed to take photos of their displays? isnt that commom for most if not all stores?

The security guard for D&G said "You're not allowed to take pictures.....except if you are from China" That sent hongers over the edge and it resulted in this.

In (my) serious note though, this Christmas season in HK has been terrible if you wanted to do normal shopping. In that mall that D&G belongs to(in Harbour City TST), it virtually became China the entire holiday season and its becomes comical how hard it is to get around and look at things without a FOB bumping you/screaming loud/climbing over you for stuff/standing in the middle of the path. To make things worse, the service industry in HK caters to the biggest buyer and neglects all sorts of manners.

I went to shop for shoes in TST, and in most places you don't get greeted and if you do you're greeted in Mandarin. But its not "Ni Hao", it's "Ke yi ma" (is this ok? But in a "You gonna buy it now?" tone) Fobs have made it so easy on stores that they don't need to sell anymore, ask a clerk anything and he'll look at you like "dude why haven't you bought this yet, why are you asking me stuff?"

One more thing, you're not letting hongers take pictures, you know what that means here? People take a giant DSLR and point it 2 inches from their food for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner. People take pictures of EVERYTHING here. You're telling them only FOBS can take pictures of a glitsy bright decorated store front of a name brand? This was bound to happen.

too_slow 01-09-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyzz (Post 7754917)

Hey, here's an idea.. Why don't you go eff off you stupid entitled piece of s*it?
I guess people like you need to spend their grandparent's pocket money to buy that DG/LV jacket to impress all the crazy Honger girls when it's 28c outside in the dead of winter!

Stupid piece of s*it troll..

O

Zyzz 01-09-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by too_slow (Post 7754965)
Hey, here's an idea.. Why don't you go eff off you stupid entitled piece of s*it?
I guess people like you need to spend their grandparent's pocket money to buy that DG/LV jacket to impress all the crazy Honger girls when it's 28c outside in the dead of winter!

O

no you idiot. How the fuck is that bragging? I know I am not rich because I know a shit load of people richer than me. Its not like I live in a 3000 sqft suite or buying Blancpain and Hublots left and right.

If this were a thread about Agnes b for example, which is much cheaper, I would have replied the same way, and you idiot would have responded differently without all the hate.

Check out the fashion forum, a lot of people spend a lot on clothes such as dolce as well like Jah Gekko, back then when I posted there.

CharlieH 01-09-2012 08:06 AM

lolol i love zyzz

El Bastardo 01-09-2012 08:07 AM

Take this fight to Fight Club. Its not relevant to the conversation.

Zyzz 01-09-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

O

maybe if you studied harder in school or started reading more books, you wouldn't have to drive a VW all your life

protip: trading in a VW for another VW is not a good use of money

edit: thought this was already inf FC my bad

ZenZa 01-09-2012 08:16 AM

I wear HK$500 winter jackets from Uniqlo.

Wait, what was this thread about?

dachinesedude 01-09-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

O

im not taking sides but YOU MAD

xilley 01-09-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyzz (Post 7754937)
if it came off as bragging, then I don't think you can go anywhere far in life carrying that attitude. :facepalm:

And you are a retard if you think 10k hkd is nothing here. A lot of graduates here (like with HKIE qualifications) can barely make over 10k hkd or 1.2k cad here.

lol, yeah not like you earned shit
admit it, you used your parents loot, you didnt pay off your own r8 or your m3
who are you kiddin.

TOPEC 01-09-2012 08:50 AM

Occupy canton road...
Posted via RS Mobile

Vale46Rossi 01-09-2012 08:51 AM

Wait is there even proof that the security said only mainlanders are allowed to take a picture?

If there is no proof it could be some guy throwing a tantrum and just saying that to the media to make some sort of news.

He could just be pissed and started screaming bullshit infront of D&G.

Unless there is full proof I wouldn't buy this story people make news all the time.

too_slow 01-09-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyzz (Post 7754980)
maybe if you studied harder in school or started reading more books, you wouldn't have to drive a VW all your life

edit: thought this was already inf FC my bad

Oh wow, thanks for trying to compare me to you, but I don't judge success by what cars people lease with their mommy and daddy's bank account.
Thanks for trying so hard though!

too_slow 01-09-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachinesedude (Post 7754987)
im not taking sides but YOU MAD

Not at all, but my espresso machine isn't working right now so I am a little edgy.. :heckno:

InvisibleSoul 01-09-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

More than 1,000 people protested outside Dolce & Gabbana's elite Tsim Sha Tsui flagship, demanding an apology for alleged discrimination against locals banned from taking pictures of its storefront display.
First world problems.

GLOW 01-09-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyzz (Post 7754980)

you just went after a guy's car on a car forum!

https://forums.playfire.com/_proxy/?...60192774ed3956

:troll: