REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #26
Need to Seek Professional Help

^so true...just give the NA2 a slight facelift, weight reduction, euro-style sport suspension and 450-500hp/350-400tq VTEC engine RWD if not SH-AWD.

Honda needs to take a lesson from Porsche for the NSX.
Advertisement

For Sale:

BNIB Acupuncture Wallet PM me for details

Google / LG Nexus 4
crazyazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #27
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

I'm honestly pretty excited about even the idea of a sports car coming out for Acura. When I used to work at Audi shiet was dead before the R8 came out. I'm really hoping the NSX will have this affect on Acura in general showing people that they are trying to make a change (aside from the ugly beak nose ideas, but honestly it looks ok with the NSX in my personal opinion).

At first I was not that all excited with the V6 engine with the electronic gizmoes or whatever they have in the front. But hey you never know right? Look at the Jaguar CX75 coming out.
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
I don't know why everyone is bashing the potential HP specs on the NSX. When the first gen NSX was launched, it was underpowered at 290hp and wasn't particularly fast in a straight line. What set the NSX apart was the exotic car styling, aluminum chassis, and awesome balanced handling. If you want straight line speed, go buy a ZR1 or a Viper.
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:23 PM   #29
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
I've said it before, and I'll say it again,
I WANT THIS!
Old 01-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #30
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
The reason is obvious, AWD will give you much better performance.
If GT-R, WRX STi, Evo, Aventador, Veyron, etc had RWD, they wouldn't perform as good as they do.

The benefit of RWD would be weight saving and fun factor if you like drifting or burn-outs.

Actually, car manyfactures do care.

Those high-ends exotics aren't profitable. Quite often they build it just so that they can have this "cool factor" about the brand. So that hopefully people will buy their product.

For example, Genesis Coupe may be a nice car, but because Hyundai doesn't make NSX, GT-R, LFA, Ford GT, Viper or ZR1...people might pick different brand for "cool factor"...something Hyundai does NOT have.
I dont think you understand what i ment by who cares.. I wasn't talking about manufactures. Veyronn is a straightline car take out the big HP numbers and it wouldn't be nearly as good as it is. GT-R before the R35 had its RWD GTST, EVO/STI are built on AWD. R35 is controlled more by computers than it is the driver. RWD lambo (balboni gallardo anyone?). Its not the fact that RWD > AWD or AWD > RWD its the fact that these cars are made to fit certain specs. IMO RWD>AWD but I love them both :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil View Post
i was aiming it more at the........'they are ruining the nsx' fanboys......not the other opinions
sadly its the truth. I'd rather have them make this car a completely new model rather than a "new nsx". FT86 was a great idea by subaru and toyota.. glad they didnt say it was the "new" supra..
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #31
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
I don't know why everyone is bashing the potential HP specs on the NSX. When the first gen NSX was launched, it was underpowered at 290hp and wasn't particularly fast in a straight line. What set the NSX apart was the exotic car styling, aluminum chassis, and awesome balanced handling. If you want straight line speed, go buy a ZR1 or a Viper.
Also the daily driving practicality...that's why Ferrari was forced to change their direction, because of NSX. The Lexus LS400 was well known for reliability too.

The NSX was rated at 280ps. Which is approx 274hp.
4 speed auto had even lower number.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #32
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananana View Post
Nice try, but did you bother to read his comment at all?
if that was aimed at me....then you sir, are special in the eyes of your mother...and if not..then i take it back

keeping it relatively on topic :

2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote