REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #26
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
optiblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,191
Thanked 274 Times in 135 Posts
Shoot, I think gas tax will go up another 2 cents.. Aren't safe injection sites and free crack pipes enough? Might as well buy a bunch of houses and let them live there for free... Oh wait a minute~
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #27
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
toyobaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 965
Thanked 239 Times in 76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Province View Post

Within the next year they hope to produce research in order to help land a partner in the health care sector to fund a Downtown Eastside drinker’s lounge stocked with vodka, sherry and high-alcohol beer.
and how about some Patron and some Dom Pérignon
__________________
2014 Lexus IS250 AWD F Sport----Current
2013 Scion FR-S ---------------------SOLD
2006 Honda Civic Si Coupe------------SOLD
1998 Honda Civic Si Coupe------------SOLD
1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme------SOLD
toyobaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #28
Banned By Establishment
 
Gridlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New West
Posts: 3,998
Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated View Post
maybe we should prohibit selling listerine and hand sanitizers to natives.
Classy.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #29
Banned By Establishment
 
Gridlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New West
Posts: 3,998
Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JF. View Post
You guys are always complaining about ur tax dollars are going to waste.. But most of u aren't doing anything to stop this from happening.
Posted via RS Mobile
I for one will take you up on that.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #30
Banned By Establishment
 
Gridlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New West
Posts: 3,998
Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
So this is what I wrote. Sent the e-mail to my MLA, a member of the NDP and the premier.

So often lately, I have complained when I hear of these hand-outs, and I forget that I do have a voice. Ms. Black, specifically, you are my voice.

So here is a member of your constituency telling you straight out that this is a ridiculous idea. I don't care about the logic behind it, or the sense it makes in people's lives. I do not support free alcohol for alcoholics. Let's add to the list of other freebies we've handed out lately:

Free stop smoking aids for smokers. Smokers, that I might add CAN AFFORD TO SMOKE
Free crack pipes for crack users.
Free alcohol for illicit alcohol abusers

And yet we're in the middle of a recession, operating in the red, but its been a real field day for the portion of the province that contributes nothing, but takes everything.

So here you go. I'm a middle class citizen that works more than most to build a life for myself. So far, my MSP gets raised, the HST boondoggle has caused confusion for my clients and frustration for everyone, and I get nailed with carbon tax credits for a truck that I must operate for work purposes.

I'm too rich for the hand-outs and too poor to rise above the whole thing.

You know what would really help it out? A nice, free drink. So if the honorable ladies that are the recipients of this e-mail would like to help me out, I like my scotch to be old enough to order its own scotch.

Thank you.

It's just that easy guys.

Look up who your MLA is in case they have done nothing for you lately, and you forgot their name.

MLA Finder | Members | Legislative Assembly of British Columbia
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #31
RS Veteran
 
bcrdukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: TOS'd
Posts: 27,056
Thanked 8,668 Times in 3,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
Who do I contact about funding? I'm going to start a free money lounge for everyone who just spends their money recklessly. Anyone want in?
Hyde can be member #1
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I'm so horny right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
Im too poor to be on RS
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #32
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 549
Thanked 428 Times in 120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
I'm too rich for the hand-outs and too poor to rise above the whole thing.
That's where a lot of us are including myself. We keep paying the price in a city that is already expensive to live in. It tough as it is but when you have more taxes to pay and don't have annual raises at work that are consistent with the rise in tax, well lets just say i'm starting to worry more about how I'm going to pay my student loans and getting a job that pays enough when I graduate.
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:33 PM   #33
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
MWR34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: richmond
Posts: 1,381
Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts
This is the only thing that comes to mind

__________________
Out of all the things i've lost before, I miss my mind the most.


http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a3fc/event.png
MWR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #34
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: bedroom
Posts: 3,112
Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated View Post
maybe we should prohibit selling listerine and hand sanitizers to natives.
Seriously, dude?!

You start a thread to solicit a conversation about a ridiculous initiative started by the government and you cock it up with a pathetic racial comment like that.

Your immature and slanderous comment makes any intelligent opinion you may have on the subject meaningless.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #35
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 916
Thanked 692 Times in 227 Posts
This no different than constantly giving treats to a disobedient yapping dog to keep its mouth shut than trying to train it properly.

Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #36
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Hehe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: YVR/TPE
Posts: 4,133
Thanked 2,371 Times in 971 Posts
You might as well just pay these people for not drinking... like giving any person diagnosed with severe drinking problem... so at least they stay away from booze.

When people have drinking problem, you stop them from drinking, not giving them more.
__________________
Nothing for now
Hehe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #37
Wanna have a threesome?
 
MindBomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Squamish
Posts: 4,889
Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Why does the government double dip with all the natives on the east side? If your giving money to the reserve for rehabilitation etc why should they pay for shit like this for people that left the reserves
Posted via RS Mobile
After reading the first post, I anticipated a racist post from you within the first page. As stated by Gridlock, reservations are not concentration camps. As a native person I am entitled to health care, schooling, police protection and every other government service available to any Canadian citizen, anywhere in Canada.

The program isn't even directed exclusively at native people either, it's only being lead by a native man. Good reading comprehension skills.

I'd like to hate people like you, your consistent racism and bigotry has offended me multiple times, but I'm better than that, so instead I only pity you and hope that some day you gain a less narrow minded outlook on the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated View Post
maybe we should prohibit selling listerine and hand sanitizers to natives.
Nah, if the government prohibits my being sold hand sanitizers, I'll just use the public waterless hand sanitizer dispensers like drinking fountains.

I pity you as well.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #38
Banned By Establishment
 
Gridlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New West
Posts: 3,998
Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
After reading the first post, I anticipated a racist post from you within the first page. As stated by Gridlock, reservations are not concentration camps. As a native person I am entitled to health care, schooling, police protection and every other government service available to any Canadian citizen, anywhere in Canada.

The program isn't even directed exclusively at native people either, it's only being lead by a native man. Good reading comprehension skills.

I'd like to hate people like you, your consistent racism and bigotry has offended me multiple times, but I'm better than that, so instead I only pity you and hope that some day you gain a less narrow minded outlook on the world.



Nah, if the government prohibits my being sold hand sanitizers, I'll just use the public waterless hand sanitizer dispensers like drinking fountains.

I pity you as well.
Well said!
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #39
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 33,224
Thanked 12,143 Times in 4,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
After reading the first post, I anticipated a racist post from you within the first page. As stated by Gridlock, reservations are not concentration camps. As a native person I am entitled to health care, schooling, police protection and every other government service available to any Canadian citizen, anywhere in Canada.

The program isn't even directed exclusively at native people either, it's only being lead by a native man. Good reading comprehension skills.

I'd like to hate people like you, your consistent racism and bigotry has offended me multiple times, but I'm better than that, so instead I only pity you and hope that some day you gain a less narrow minded outlook on the world.



Nah, if the government prohibits my being sold hand sanitizers, I'll just use the public waterless hand sanitizer dispensers like drinking fountains.

I pity you as well.
So what would you say to a lazy, unmotivated drug addict from Ontario coming to BC just because they know there are a bunch of hand outs and freebies here? Should that be BC's problem to deal with them and provide BC tax payers dollars to a resident of another province?

Entitlement you talk of is what is wrong with majority of scum down on the east side, they are entitled to everything seemingly including everything except that act of sticking the needle into your arm, free liquor now, free rent in some of the worlds most expensive real estate

And what does a hard working tax paying person that never had a hand out in their life get? Nothing? Nice!

IMO alot of the natives downtown choose to be there because convenience not because they are looking for "health care" and "schooling" lol are you fuckig kidding me?

These people are DRAINS on society whether you are native or whatever you are
Because being outside laying in an alley and begging is worse than living in a free house and getting hand outs from the government on a reserve right?
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #40
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
stewie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Langley
Posts: 3,486
Thanked 2,181 Times in 605 Posts
read this in the morning...fucking disgusts me.


when that thread last month came out about giving out free crack pipes to junkies, i do believe a few of the comments were "whats next? free alcohol for alcoholics??"....yup...that was next...

good job...
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #41
The Brown Reason
 
BrRsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Whalley
Posts: 4,607
Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
The government is trying to sabotage darwin's theory of evolution
Posted via RS Mobile
+1
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes
fuck this shit, i'm out
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #42
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Matlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 2,025
Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Behold! Another stupid method of wasting of tax payer money. For what? To fund an alcohol lounge for completely useless human beings and furthermore enable their alcoholism.

I for one do not care for whether or not they go blind or ruin their kidneys from drinking mouth wash, rubbing alcohol, or hand sanitizer. I would much rather our money go into a free moonshine hand out that guarantees loss of vision, kidneys, and liver.
__________________
Electrician.
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2012, 03:19 PM   #43
Banned By Establishment
 
Gridlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New West
Posts: 3,998
Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Argues against entitlements, yet posts....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

And what does a hard working tax paying person that never had a hand out in their life get? Nothing? Nice!

Posted via RS Mobile
So the problem with entitlements, is you aren't entitled?
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #44
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 33,224
Thanked 12,143 Times in 4,600 Posts
I think that speaks more to the point as a hard working tax paying person, the majority of us should feel entitled opposed to the people who are drains on society who do..

Somone who works 60 hours a week SHOULD be entitled to own a home, yet the person that hasn't worked a day in the last 10 years, is a drug addict and drain on society IS entitled to having their own place provide by the government?

Well shit, makes sense to me bra
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #45
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: bedroom
Posts: 3,112
Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

IMO alot of the natives downtown choose to be there because convenience not because they are looking for "health care" and "schooling" lol are you fuckig kidding me?

These people are DRAINS on society whether you are native or whatever you are
Because being outside laying in an alley and begging is worse than living in a free house and getting hand outs from the government on a reserve right?
Alright...let me preface this by saying that yes, I think everyone in life has a choice as to how they are going to live it. I do NOT agree with giving alcohol to alcoholics on the DTES and in fact, the who situation on the DTES annoys the fuck outta me (read my posts on the "crack anyone?" thread).

I do, however, sympathize and understand how some First Nations people have chosen this type of life-style. You need to remember that barely a generation ago, FN people and families were torn apart. Children/teenagers were ripped from their parents, given new names, fed new food, forced to accept a different religion, forced to speak a different language, and in some cases physically and sexually abuse. Their identities were stolen. Everything you ever knew in life was now dead. Their parents and other family members were scooped up and placed on little shitty squares of land and told to start a new life as well.

Imagine being 8 years old....picked up in a truck on day and taken to a place far from your family. You have no communication with them, can no longer communicate in your language with them, you don't know where they are or if they are alive. You are then forced to live in a quasi-prison setting with hundreds of other children, all in similar situations. When you are old enough and have been assimilated enough to "european" ways-of-life, you are then pointed towards the door. Now what? There is no home to go back to...there is no family to go back to...what do you do? Unfortunately as certain number of those in that situation chose a life on the DTES. In all, over 150,000 children were places in residential schools. Try taking twice the population of New West, pulling a "men in black" memory erasing maneuver on them and then expecting each to be a normal contributing member of society after.

It is not as easy as, "just go to the rez". FN Reserves are usually on crappy pieces of land, in crappy areas far away from the eye of the people who put them there, and can not support an entire population of FN people. There is limited space and sometime not electricity or running water. Also, in regards to "free" education and not paying tax, it isn't just that easy. There are rules, guidelines, regulations, and an approval system. It is not about just waking up one day and signing up for uni for free. You don't really get "free hand-outs on reserve". Maybe you should education yourself on how the reserve system works and the differences between status and non-status.

Think all this residential school bullshit was in the past and "they" should just get over it? Mandatory attendance ended only in 1948 and the last school closed in 1996. For some of us, that is out parents generation. The Canadian gov't fucked an entire generation of people. Do some reading and research...and when you are done, pick you jaw up off the floor, and adjust your thoughts towards FN people of Canada.

In all reality, what does this all mean and how is this relevant to the gov't giving out free crack pipes, needles, and now alcohol? nothing really. But to sit there and chirp off that this is a FN/Native issue and that this is one more free thing they get, is bullshit.

Sorry that this was off-topic....keep calm and carry on.

Last edited by dinosaur; 01-11-2012 at 04:01 PM.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #46
Wanna have a threesome?
 
MindBomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Squamish
Posts: 4,889
Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
S
So here is a member of your constituency telling you straight out that this is a ridiculous idea. I don't care about the logic behind it, or the sense it makes in people's lives. I do not support free alcohol for alcoholics. Let's add to the list of other freebies we've handed out lately:

Free stop smoking aids for smokers. Smokers, that I might add CAN AFFORD TO SMOKE
Free crack pipes for crack users.
Free alcohol for illicit alcohol abusers
I like that this portion of your letter. It's rare posts like this that are the reason I continue to actually read the post in off-topic, you're one of the few here actually capable of forming an intelligent response to such a controversial subject.

I support smoking cessation aids and safe injection sites, because I believe the program cost is displaced by the potential health care savings that result and betters the lives of individuals in British Columbia as an added bonus. I also, may very well support the illicit alcohol user program, although the complete lack of details on it in the article preludes my ability to actually take a position as of yet.

You recognize that there are potential benefits to the programs, but fundamentally disagree with them for a very valid reason. I can totally respect that as a person with an opposing view.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #47
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 33,224
Thanked 12,143 Times in 4,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Alright...let me preface this by saying that yes, I think everyone in life has a choice as to how they are going to live it. I do NOT agree with giving alcohol to alcoholics on the DTES and in fact, the who situation on the DTES annoys the fuck outta me (read my posts on the "crack anyone?" thread).

I do, however, sympathize and understand how some First Nations people have chosen this type of life-style. You need to remember that barely a generation ago, FN people and families were torn apart. Children/teenagers were ripped from their parents, given new names, fed new food, forced to accept a different religion, forced to speak a different language, and in some cases physically and sexually abuse. Their identities were stolen. Everything you ever knew in life was now dead. Their parents and other family members were scooped up and placed on little shitty squares of land and told to start a new life as well.

Imagine being 8 years old....picked up in a truck on day and taken to a place far from your family. You have no communication with them, can no longer communicate in your language with them, you don't know where they are or if they are alive. You are then forced to live in a quasi-prison setting with hundreds of other children, all in similar situations. When you are old enough and have been assimilated enough to "european" ways-of-life, you are then pointed towards the door. Now what? There is no home to go back to...there is no family to go back to...what do you do? Unfortunately as certain number of those in that situation chose a life on the DTES. In all, over 150,000 children were places in residential schools.

It is not as easy as, "just go to the rez". FN Reserves are usually on crappy pieces of land, in crappy areas far away from the eye of the people who put them there, and can not support an entire population of FN people. There is limited space and sometime not electricity or running water. Also, in regards to "free" education and not paying tax, it isn't just that easy. There are rules, guidelines, regulations, and an approval system. It is not about just waking up one day and signing up for uni for free. You don't really get "free hand-outs on reserve". Maybe you should education yourself on how the reserve system works and the differences between status and non-status.

Think all this residential school bullshit was in the past and "they" should just get over it? Mandatory attendance ended only in 1948 and the last school closed in 1996. For some of us, that is out parents generation. The Canadian gov't fucked an entire generation of people. Do some reading and research...and when you are done, pick you jaw up off the floor, and adjust your thoughts towards FN people of Canada.

In all reality, what does this all mean and how is this relevant to the gov't giving out free crack pipes, needles, and now alcohol? nothing really. But to sit there and chirp off that this is a FN/Native issue and that this is one more free thing they get, is bullshit.

Sorry that this was off-topic....keep calm and carry on.
I get all that and i get that there are infact people in dire straights down there who have had totally fucked up lives and in alot of ways what they had before is worse than the DTES

but i'm also on the side that there are a TONNE of people who use single events in their lives to blame their entire pathetic existence on

young people who are down there from like 16-18 until they are 40 because "my dad used to hit me"

even shit worse than that, sexual abuse, drug abuse, etc. I get it, but fuck to me it sounds so fucking pathetic when people use this one "trigger" as the root of all their problems

GET OVER IT

this isnt a slight to your post, it's just generalities
__________________
Dank memes cant melt steel beams
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #48
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: bedroom
Posts: 3,112
Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I get all that and i get that there are infact people in dire straights down there who have had totally fucked up lives and in alot of ways what they had before is worse than the DTES

but i'm also on the side that there are a TONNE of people who use single events in their lives to blame their entire pathetic existence on

young people who are down there from like 16-18 until they are 40 because "my dad used to hit me"

even shit worse than that, sexual abuse, drug abuse, etc. I get it, but fuck to me it sounds so fucking pathetic when people use this one "trigger" as the root of all their problems

GET OVER IT

this isnt a slight to your post, it's just generalities
Yeah dude, I get it. I struggle a lot with the whole "my dad hit me, wheres the crack pipe" scenario a lot. Socially, I am pretty damn liberal and I am also of the mind-set that you do not have to be a product of your environment shit (nurture vs. nature). But on the other hand, what happened to a large population and generation of FN people, i think, is on a completely different scale and that is when I digress from my nurture vs. nature theory. Am I segregating? yes. Do I have sympathy for some and not others? yes. Does that make me contradictory? maybe...
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #49
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 14,525
Thanked 6,342 Times in 2,988 Posts
RS meet when it opens?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
trumps the greatest leader of all time.
Spoiler!


I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #50
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
ToneCapone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 563
Thanked 344 Times in 104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
RS meet when it opens?
If we end up paying for it, hellz yeah!
__________________
test
ToneCapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net