REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #26
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
I wonder which son is loved more....

07 Audi A3.... Hyundai Sonata...
Advertisement
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #27
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
i always wondered too what those wierd bright lights thats sometimes lit on audi's tails as well.. apparantly those are rear fog lights that goes on with the auto headlamp unit, as its mandatory for european market cars to come equipped with them. i guess they just left it the same for the NA market audi's.
The rear fog lights only turn on if you turn them on yourself. Front and rear fog lights are not part of the auto headlamp system. More then likely it's just someone turning them on by accident or has no idea what they do since the front and rear fog switch is on top of one another.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:57 AM   #28
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
i test drove a 07 gti (dsg) couple weeks ago, we put it into sport mode and mildly accelerated from a dead stop at a light, but the car bogged around 4000rpm and wouldnt let me go past any further like a rev limiter kicked in or something.. it didnt shift up either, and then the check engine light came on
i shifted back to Drive, didnt do anything (rpm still staying at 4k), so i put the gear in neutral, pulled over and shifted back into Drive and it drove fine again. (check engine light still on)

anyone know what this issue might be?
DSG mechatronics is faulty or hasn't had the recall for a new mechatronics unit done yet.

to add to the list of possible problems (pertaining mostly to earlier FSI model)

thermostat/coolant temp sensor
AC compressor breaks
bulb holders (which is the reason for most brake lights to go out the bulb holder gets "burnt" and its a huge chunk of resistance to the bulb)
oil burning which is normal to certain extent
premature bearing failure
intake manifold runner position sensor failure
low fuel pressure sensor failure

Those are the most common ones I see at work.
lexluthor09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #29
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
If you are considering the A3 why not get the TDI version? If you want the 2.0T why not stick with the Mk6 Golf GTI?
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #30
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
because TDI version is 09+ which doesnt fit our budget, and neither does a mk6 gti..
maybe a mk5
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #31
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I have a 2006 A3 with 120,000kms on it. Owned it since new. Like others have said, there are a few common problems such as:

- Diverter valve
- PCV
- intake valve being clogged by carbon deposits

However , most problems on these cars are recalled so you should be fine. It is a very practical car and lots of fun to drive around town since there's plenty of low end torque. Also, it responds very well with mods too. Also, there's tons of specialize vw/Audi shop in the lower mainland, (shift, pg performance, HPA, blitzkrieg etc. ) if anything should go wrong, they are definitely a cheaper option to go to than going back to the stealership. (Shift cleaned my intake valves for $300, where the dealership wanted $1000+ for it)

Last edited by KayC; 01-18-2012 at 12:33 PM.
KayC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: