REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Suspect with Crowbar Shot Outside Carls Jr Monterey Park (https://www.revscene.net/forums/661805-suspect-crowbar-shot-outside-carls-jr-monterey-park.html)

Zoidberg 01-23-2012 08:44 PM

Suspect with Crowbar Shot Outside Carls Jr Monterey Park

Apparently it was an axe and not a crowbar.. but okay :okay: I agree with how the police handled the situation, but two shots is probably enough..

mmmk 01-23-2012 08:51 PM

fcking idiot to even make a gesture to swing that thing....especially when there's a dog and 2 guns pointed at him

Gridlock 01-23-2012 08:54 PM

don't bring a knife to a gun fight dawg...

Should know better than to snap back at a police officer when you are carrying an axe.

Not really racist! 01-23-2012 08:56 PM

skip to 35s if u guys dont wanna wait..

guy asked for it..
dam.. how many shots was that? six?

dyan 01-23-2012 08:58 PM

feel like 6 shots were too many.. 1 woulda stopped him from swinging at the officer.

ruthless 01-23-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not really racist! (Post 7772368)
skip to 35s if u guys dont wanna wait..

guy asked for it..
dam.. how many shots was that? six?

I counted about 11 shots...the other officer was still messing around with the taser when he went towards him too

k2_alpha 01-23-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigbaddie (Post 7772371)
feel like 6 shots were too many.. 1 woulda stopped him from swinging at the officer.

1 bullet generally does not stop someone who is already in "motion." Unless you have a large caliber round or a shot gun.

First volley of bullets are fine in my opinion, but the second volley is unnecessary.

I do however, say the cops did right. Tried non lethal but the perp changed direction and made a threatening maneuver.

TheKingdom2000 01-23-2012 09:57 PM

I'm totally fine with the amount of shots.
Yes, one or two may have been enough. But, when you're about to endanger the life of an innocent (ie. that cop) it's better to be safe than sorry.

Just re-watched it. I think the second round of shots was because the guy was still standing.

And sometimes your instincts take over.

sindragon 01-23-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigbaddie (Post 7772371)

lol 1 bullet never works. Guess u never played any fps like cs or CoD :troll:

seriously, unless u get shot in the face a few times or somewhere lethal, you can still swing it. Just look at fifty cent lol

donjalapeno 01-23-2012 10:04 PM

They shot him to kill him, the fuck does it matter how many times they shoot him. They probably didnt want to risk missing him and end up him throwing the axe or something.

I was more scared of the cop letting the dog get him and the suspect swinging the axe at the dog.

b0unce. [?] 01-23-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfGang (Post 7772439)
They shot him to kill him, the fuck does it matter how many times they shoot him. They probably didnt want to risk missing him and end up him throwing the axe or something.

I was more scared of the cop letting the dog get him and the suspect swinging the axe at the dog.

:werd:

gars 01-23-2012 10:14 PM

I've heard stories of soldiers in Iraq having someone in their squad carrying an M14 because their M16/M4's don't have enough stopping power. Stories of guys with multiple gunshot wounds from a 5.56mm round and they're still standing. They need the M14 because the large caliberr 7.62 round will drop the guy.

Don't disagree with the shots fired.

shenmecar 01-23-2012 10:16 PM

Serves him right. Im sure the cops wouldn't have fired at him if he had complied.

1exotic 01-23-2012 10:18 PM

lol 0:52

dey murked dat motherfucker

JSALES 01-23-2012 10:21 PM

cops were in the right imo

LenovoTurbo 01-23-2012 10:44 PM

Suspect smashing Carl's Jr. windows killed | abc7.com

A video in the link.

Quote:

MONTEREY PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Smashed windows at a fast-food restaurant in Monterey Park led to a deadly officer-involved shooting on Monday. One witness was able to catch the drama on video.

"I hear the sound of breaking windows, and a few minutes later, about six to 10 gunshots, a man on the floor, dogs barking, pedestrians all over the place, it was a pretty big scene," said witness Alex Soliz, who shot cellphone video of part of the incident.

Authorities responded to a report that a man was breaking windows at Carl's Jr. in the 1200 block of Avenida Cesar Chavez just before 9:30 a.m. Witnesses say the man had come in to Carl's Jr., but left without buying anything. He then came back with a 3-foot lead pipe and broke out all the windows.

"It was just like a loud shatter, like if somebody had literally crashed into the building, and it just happened to be where we looked up, and the glass literally shattered all over us," said witness Jimmy Aragon.

The suspect then walked inside, while workers and customers ran outside. Police arrived and surrounded the building, but investigators say the suspect was refusing their commands, and a Taser didn't stop him, either.

The suspect swung the three-foot metal bar at officers twice, police said, forcing two officers to open fire on the suspect.

"He literally brought his arms forward with the object, so it was like the officer was right there, and he was here, so by the time he kind of brought up the object ... the cops reacted to it quick," Aragon said.

The suspect was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

"Not exactly optimal, but at this point, they did what they had to do," said Lt. Eddie Hernandez of the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.

A stray bullet flew into a Tommy's restaurant sign. There was a woman standing underneath the sign, and some of the debris fell on her head. She was taken to a local hospital with minor abrasions, but was expected to be OK.

(Copyright ©2012 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

TOPEC 01-23-2012 10:45 PM

cops hold guns sideways?

bloodmack 01-23-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2_alpha (Post 7772424)
1 bullet generally does not stop someone who is already in "motion." Unless you have a large caliber round or a shot gun.

First volley of bullets are fine in my opinion, but the second volley is unnecessary.

I do however, say the cops did right. Tried non lethal but the perp changed direction and made a threatening maneuver.

From what I've learned a officer is not supposed to use his gun unless its the absolute last resource he has available to him. I don't get why they didn't use the dog..

bcrdukes 01-23-2012 10:58 PM

If this was Vancouver, there'd be an outcry for police brutality.

geeknerd 01-23-2012 11:10 PM

guy gets shot a bunch of times and people laugh...

bcrdukes 01-23-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeknerd (Post 7772565)
guy gets shot a bunch of times and people laugh...

LOL!

donjalapeno 01-23-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodmack (Post 7772522)
From what I've learned a officer is not supposed to use his gun unless its the absolute last resource he has available to him. I don't get why they didn't use the dog..

i would much rather someone that is mentally unbalanced and dangerous die rather than a poor innocent dog. Chances are if they didn't shoot him he would spend 5 years in jail and be back on the streets doing the same old.

rageguy 01-23-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1exotic (Post 7772465)
lol 0:52

dey murked dat motherfucker

Complete gold.

optiblue 01-23-2012 11:22 PM

He swung at the police. Opening fire is justified, but not that many bullets. Couldn't they just shoot his legs?
Posted via RS Mobile

bloodmack 01-23-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfGang (Post 7772575)
i would much rather someone that is mentally unbalanced and dangerous die rather than a poor innocent dog. Chances are if they didn't shoot him he would spend 5 years in jail and be back on the streets doing the same old.

The dogs are primarily there for 2 reasons. To intimidate and attack on command if necessary, I understand its a dog and everyone loves dogs, but these dogs are trained to take down people are they not?